Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2.85 hellcat vs redeye?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
can anyone guess which is the most misused word on this entire forum:unsure::unsure:
" stock "

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
No, but very interested in knowing lol

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
can anyone guess which is the most misused word on this entire forum:unsure::unsure:
I give up oil burner ????

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
" stock "

hot damn you guessed it.[clap] you must of had a few redbulls already today. [wink]

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
totally stock just a tune no pulleys upper or lower and your redeye is over a second faster then a stock redeye with drag radials phast hemi that's impressive results I cant even begin to wrap my small redneck brain around them UNBELIEVABLE results 112 1/8 ,144mph traps that I saw on a time slip of yours that had the1/8 and 1/4 mile times whited out ,must have been 9.5 or better all I can say is WOW ,I THINK YOU TUNE WITH CURT ,ID LOVE TO SEE ONE OF YOUR LOGS MAN I BET THEY ARE IMPRESSIVE I CAN ONLY HOPE TO GET INTO THE 9S
The car is even faster now and traps 113 / 145 mph+ per our projections from a year ago. Short end power delivery on a small tire is the only hurdle that remains and we are working on it. Yes, Curt is, and always has been, my tuner.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
In fairness Simon, you also drive better than the majority as well so it's not an apples to apples comparison without the same or very similar driver in both cars.

Physics alone say a 2.85 pulley Cat with a tune should have a very slight advantage over the Redeye due to the extra weight of the Redeye. Shouldn't be much but on paper...
A redeye doesnt weigh any more than a hellcat with the same equipment. A 2.85 car should make the same boost as a stock pullied redeye. All other things being equal, you would haveto shift the 2.85 car above 6300 rpm for it to have any type of advantage.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am 100% stock not possible unless you are a wizard.
It is possible.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A 2.85 Hellcat will best a stock Redeye if properly tuned and both cars on 93 octane. The Redeye tune while really good actually still leaves a bit on the table a custom tune can take advantage of.

I'd love to see one of @Phast Hemi logs but I don't get the impression he's the sharing type :sneaky:

You guys wanna all line up same track same day put Challengerfest on your 2020 calendars. Gonna be end of April early May and I should have a date confirmed from the track in a week or so. Great place to see all the different combos run and check them out in person.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I planm on coming but I stopped doing mods to my car ill just have to concede to you big guys

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
A 2.85 Hellcat will best a stock Redeye if properly tuned and both cars on 93 octane. The Redeye tune while really good actually still leaves a bit on the table a custom tune can take advantage of.

I'd love to see one of @Phast Hemi logs but I don't get the impression he's the sharing type :sneaky:

You guys wanna all line up same track same day put Challengerfest on your 2020 calendars. Gonna be end of April early May and I should have a date confirmed from the track in a week or so. Great place to see all the different combos run and check them out in person.
Challenger fest is on my "to do list'

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I planm on coming but I stopped doing mods to my car ill just have to concede to you big guys
I'm with you . I will just stay in the street car pump gas division where the lowly cars go.....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
My goals have always been 10.00 in any weather. 9s will just be gravy.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
MY GOALS WERE TO BEAT EVERYONE OF YOU SORRY DOGS BUT PHAST HEMI CRUSHED THEM:(NOW I HAVE TO SIT ON THE PORCH AND WATCH

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle

Speedy,

You already asked for my logs in the past and i responded to your request. As a courtesy to my tuner, I would not give them to you. Doesnt mean I don't share- it just means that I dont want to give away all our work. You are welcome to invest thousands of hours (and dollars) racing and testing at tracks all over the country as we have done to obtain the data we have. Because of our testing regiment, our data is second to none. I have shared plenty , both in person at tracks all over, and on these forums. For example, many of you guys would still be running your cars like Fred Flinstone with 15 PSI tire pressure going slow and trapping 5-8mph less without my advice on setting up tire pressure and launch techniques. That information alone has made many run faster.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
My goals have always been 10.00 in any weather. 9s will just be gravy.
Haven't you achieved 10.0's yet?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

SPEEDY IS PROBABLY WITHHOLDING SECRETS BE SNEAKY ,YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT AT LEAST TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE NEXT VIDEO COMES OUT :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

Sorry I should reword this .
Haven't you achieved 10.0's already .
I remember seeing something in a previous post .

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Speedy,

You already asked for my logs in the past and i responded to your request. As a courtesy to my tuner, I would not give them to you. Doesnt mean I don't share- it just means that I dont want to give away all our work. You are welcome to invest thousands of hours (and dollars) racing and testing at tracks all over the country as we have done to obtain the data we have. Because of our testing regiment, our data is second to none. I have shared plenty , both in person at tracks all over, and on these forums. For example, many of you guys would still be running your cars like Fred Flinstone with 15 PSI tire pressure going slow and trapping 5-8mph less without my advice on setting up tire pressure and launch techniques. That information alone has made many run faster.
wow curt never asked me to withhold my logs :unsure:,,darn I don't feel so special anymore :(:cry:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
@Speedy!
You must remember not everyone is like us . We are having a good time and we share to help other people . Not everyone is like this . Some people are very secretive and hide everything to keep what's really going on a secret or to hide something . That being said I share pretty much everything . But I won't give my tune out in respect to Mike at ost dyno . Him and I have a lot of work put into it . I don't mind logs as there is a lot more going on then what's in the logs unless you hiding major mods .

Btw this is NOT directed at anyone in particular. It's just what I have seen over the years

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
I think the Hellcat would win. Both really powerful cars. Only one way to find out!