Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2.85 hellcat vs redeye?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Speedy

That's what I was kind of thinking too . I thought we were all hobbyist and not professional race teams with huge money on the line. I also agree with not giving out a tuners work because this is their lively hood . But let's be honest how many people acutelly tune their own car? I bet the vast majority of people have no idea what they are looking at and just do what their tuner tells them to do . I also agree that logs don't give too much away about the tune unless there is something big going on. But to each their own . I will never race for money just fun .

OP sorry for the derail

A tuned 2.85 car will be faster then a locked ecu redeye . Unlock the redeye and all bets are off.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
Logs don't give away much but if Curt asked you not to share that's fair enough. If I really wanted to know I would just ask him. I think some start to take this too seriously. It's not like we race for thousands every weekend lol but to each their own.

Indeed. 10.03, 10.04, 10.05 on a broken motor and 93 octane.

Mike's shop car is a consistent low 9s car. We're not talking mistakes, issues, or driver error. Make 3 runs and average the times and a 2.85 Hellcat beats the times of a stock Redeye. Hell mine's only on a 2.72 and ran 10.0x 3 times in a row on 93 on a broken motor. 1psi more boost ain't all that much especially tuned for 93 on 10-11 deg.

I don't care enough honestly. Bring the car and show what ya got, I personally don't care if you never raise the hood. I've been fooling with this platform for over ten years, nothing's really ground breaking anymore.

I think the difference is you removed all doubt and showed what you've done. You can definitely drive and have simply maximized the setup. Bravo.

I'm personal friends with nearly all the tuners and I have seen tunes from most of them. I've never shared a thing about any of those with anyone and never will, so to be worried about a data log kinda makes me chuckle.

I probably get 4 emails a week with someone asking for my unprofessional opinion on their logs, tune, whatever And I suspect I've saved a motor or two a long the line with my feedback. I can always tell when the tuner is one we all trust and one we haven't heard of lol. Kinda like looking at a Picasso, they'll have a certain style
Speedy,
Your description of the OST shop car is inaccurate at best. Should a consistent low 9s car run high 9s or low 10s at events? A consistent low 9s car is just that and runs that number when it counts. His did not run anywhere near that when it counted and I have the time slips ( and his cash) to prove it. He is not the only one. You'd be amazed at how many of these kinds of cars I race or see at the track that cant run their number in the real world. Hero runs ( at a private rental with super prep, negative DA, and undisclosed mods) are worthless if you cant back them up. The difference here is that we can back up our claims and have done so repeatedly- on 2 different stock boost cars, in 2 countries and over a dozen different tracks in all types of weather.

I've given you the opportunity to remove all doubt from your mind if you want it. My claims are easily verified with a simple vehicle inspection. Despite years of doing this-with 2 different hellcat cars, winning countless races and beating the brakes off of allegedly faster cars..you still feel the need to cast doubt unless I provide you a data log. Do you doubt all the other fast cars the same way? Does everyone that runs quick have to send you a datalog in order for you to refrain from publicly casting doubt on their accomplishments? That would be like me accusing you of blowing up the engine in your hellcat and trying to hide that you replaced it with a redeye engine until some one threatened to publicly out you and then you go ahead and make a few videos months later to cover yourself all in the name of "sharing with the community". Unless you have concrete proof that some one's claims are not as stated, keep your off-handed inferences to yourself or be prepared to put your money where your mouth is when you get called out on it.

Logs reveal a lot more than you are letting on. Downplaying what can be gleaned from a data log is just dishonest. You say you dont care... but you still bring it up. I'm fairly certain Curt, or any tuner worth his weight that does not tune you, would not share logs of their cutting edge cars with you. Why would they? But be my guest and ask them

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Speedy,
Your description of the OST shop car is inaccurate at best. Should a consistent low 9s car run high 9s or low 10s at events? A consistent low 9s car is just that and runs that number when it counts. His did not run anywhere near that when it counted and I have the time slips ( and his cash) to prove it. He is not the only one. You'd be amazed at how many of these kinds of cars I race or see at the track that cant run their number in the real world. Hero runs ( at a private rental with super prep, negative DA, and undisclosed mods) are worthless if you cant back them up. The difference here is that we can back up our claims and have done so repeatedly- on 2 different stock boost cars, in 2 countries and over a dozen different tracks in all types of weather.

I've given you the opportunity to remove all doubt from your mind if you want it. My claims are easily verified with a simple vehicle inspection. Despite years of doing this-with 2 different hellcat cars, winning countless races and beating the brakes off of allegedly faster cars..you still feel the need to cast doubt unless I provide you a data log. Do you doubt all the other fast cars the same way? Does everyone that runs quick have to send you a datalog in order for you to refrain from publicly casting doubt on their accomplishments? That would be like me accusing you of blowing up the engine in your hellcat and trying to hide that you replaced it with a redeye engine until some one threatened to publicly out you and then you go ahead and make a few videos months later to cover yourself all in the name of "sharing with the community". Unless you have concrete proof that some one's claims are not as stated, keep your off-handed inferences to yourself or be prepared to put your money where your mouth is when you get called out on it.

Logs reveal a lot more than you are letting on. Downplaying what can be gleaned from a data log is just dishonest. You say you dont care... but you still bring it up. I'm fairly certain Curt, or any tuner worth his weight that does not tune you, would not share logs of their cutting edge cars with you. Why would they? But be my guest and ask them
I'm not doubting Curt at all. I just don't get in to all the chest thumping here or anywhere else. You have a tuned Redeye on E85 and it runs good, congrats lol. That setup is kinda a no brainer on a Redeye since the fuel system is already stout. I doubt Curt would risk his rep with undisclosed mods. I should hope it's dialed in after all the passes and testing.

I won't speak for Mike's runs other than what I personally saw him do at CF9 almost 2 years ago but his car is a low 9 second ride so not sure why you have a bone to pick there, he's not even in this thread. The thing I've witnessed with OST is they show up to the track and spend all their time messing with customer cars and tunes rather than trying to dial in their own car shrug.

E85 was kind of a new thing for this platform in 2012. It didn't really take off until the Hellcat with its upgraded WB systems and we're 4 years down the road now. I think the next big thing would be a steetable twin turbo setup but many have tried with not great results and some had issues to boot. Seems packaging is a problem.

I consider Curt a friend so if I ever need to know something I will just ask. I'm not in to E85.....yet. Tuners treat you a bit differently when they know you're just in it to learn and no alterior motive.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States