Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

V86 Emissions Recall

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Went to do a read of the PCM/TCM as I have done before. I got this error message from HP Tuners.

View attachment 18826

Currently on the HPTuner forums looking for a solution.
So glad you came over here, from LXF. Thank you for sharing your findings.

Bob

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Email has been sent to HPTuners, included the new "hpt" file. The PCM read prior to the update was 1287KB, the new PCM read was 1386KB. FCA/Dodge definitely added something, maybe another table or some settings for the new widebands/narrowbands/cats. So, the car after driving is strong, I've noticed I hit boost way earlier but my data logs are incomplete as I can't data log all the channels I'm used to so I have no idea how much boost I'm making (definitely not more than the 11PSI stock) but it feels stronger. I wonder if they did some things with the fuel trims.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Or the torque management?

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Are there any BCM changes?

Bob

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Or the torque management?
Are there any BCM changes?
Bob
once i can read the pcm I’ll do a diff in vcm editor and we can pick it apart. Working with hptuners support, they have my files and are working it

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #46
I’m not letting them touch my Hellcat. She’s making 15lbs of boost and I have no doubt it would gap my Redeye.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
I went back to day and thats what happened to me they got half way through trying to reflash and it said the same thing pcm not recognized. The dealer ordered a new PCM. Mine was the first car they did that was a stock tune. The cars they did before mine all had a tune so they didn't do the reflash, and had no complaints. It must be something in the download that's Fing this up.

Last edited:

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
See if you can get them to take internal comparison pictures down the throat of them. I'd like to compare the grid visually.
I saw some cats from another car, I couldn't take a picture. They didn't look bad to me. I think they are just replacing them even if there is nothing wrong them. Also no welding just R&R and new O2 sensors

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
Ok, still on for Monday with NO PCM flash. I’ll get some pictures.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bob, folks are getting their tuned PCMs over-written at the dealer?

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
Never ever let them flash your tuned PCM. I even fire a warning shot.

422523CF-D220-4DB8-8660-5F3A429114E2.jpeg

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I went back to day and thats what happened to me they got half way through trying to reflash and it said the same thing pcm not recognized. The dealer ordered a new PCM. Mine was the first car they did that was a stock tune. The cars they did before mine all had a tune so they didn't do the reflash, and had no complaints. It must be something in the download that's Fing this up.
Mine is stock and the flashing from the dealer worked just fine. Sucks they bricked yours.

Bob, folks are getting their tuned PCMs over-written at the dealer?
I would hope not. Bad things gonna happen.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Went back to dealership. Mechanic wants me to monitor it for now, he heard it himself.

It sounds like the pulley clutch is going ot something like that... sudden stop and the back pressure.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #54
Went back to dealership. Mechanic wants me to monitor it for now, he heard it himself.

It sounds like the pulley clutch is going ot something like that... sudden stop and the back pressure.
WTF??? Not good brother.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've heard something like that (but more squelchy / wet if that makes any sense) a few times on positive displacement blower cars but only as a result of poor tuning or a failed component. And this started only after the update? Is there some benefit that could be derived emissions-wise from having the motor shut off that way? If not, then something got corrupted somewhere. I had to listen to your vid about 10 times in a row. Almost sounded like the mic was messing up. Thanks for being so thorough and keeping us up to date.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I dont know what it is but I’m not happy, its getting worse.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Mine is stock and the flashing from the dealer worked just fine. Sucks they bricked yours.

I would hope not. Bad things gonna happen.
Wait first it sounded like you have a tune in your Cat. your sending files to to HP and Diablo. The noise you posted is the same I'm hearing and the tech got the same message you got about not detecting the pcm. I'm guessing they Phucked up your car as well. Because you just said "Mine is stock and the flashing from the dealer worked just fine" I'm not following what you're saying. What's stock? How can it be fine if it's making the same noise? And I'm guessing they did flash your pcm if both of are cars are making the same sound and sending the same message. They might have told you they didn't. My tech said nothing about it not taking the flash yesterday. But said the same thing happened yesterday to the SVM while I was standing there today. I have done nothing to this engine except put on a catch can and no pcm tuning. Also what did your tech want you to monitor? My tech thought that the SC was spinning like the clutch was engaged and the blower was spinning when it shouldn't be and releasing the PSI. If that makes sense.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
The educated idiots that write software Phucked up!!! That's what I think. Your last post #56 is the exact same noise. They over wrote your tune Dude

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wait first it sounded like you have a tune in your Cat. your sending files to to HP and Diablo. The noise you posted is the same I'm hearing and the tech got the same message you got about not detecting the pcm. I'm guessing they Phucked up your car as well. Because you just said "Mine is stock and the flashing from the dealer worked just fine" I'm not following what you're saying. What's stock? How can it be fine if it's making the same noise? And I'm guessing they did flash your pcm if both of are cars are making the same sound and sending the same message. They might have told you they didn't. My tech said nothing about it not taking the flash yesterday. But said the same thing happened yesterday to the SVM while I was standing there today. I have done nothing to this engine except put on a catch can and no pcm tuning. Also what did your tech want you to monitor? My tech thought that the SC was spinning like the clutch was engaged and the blower was spinning when it shouldn't be and releasing the PSI. If that makes sense.
I have a stock hellcat, I use VCM Scanner to log during racing just to make sure everything is good. I used to have an unlocked PCM for my Scat Pack and have VCM Editor so I did a stock read of this one prior to the emissions recall being done. Can my tech get in contact with your tech to talk about this?

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Man y’all have me worried. I’ve haven’t gotten any letters yet but I’m assuming it’s coming. Prob better to wait it out since I don’t drive the car much anyway. I’m gonna show this info to the tech if/when I do go just make sure he knows the problems folks are having