Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

USED CAR MARKET IS INSANE!!!!!!!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Isn't that what affiliate pricing is? 1% below MSRP plus the current incentives?

I qualify as well and that's how I read it. Probably not buying a new car but you never know, sometimes I make decisions after a few bourbons!
Affiliate is 1% under invoice not MSRP. I screwed up my original post.

On the TRX it is upwards of 5,000. I forget Hellcats but NADA has that information if you build a car on their site.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So those Demons have basically turned into showroom art.
Unless someone complete out there happens to come along.
I think 2/3s of them were bought just to go into heated garages or museums. Something to brag about at Cars and Coffee etc.

I still get a chuckle when I read someone saying the car is "banned" or has 840hp and it doesn't even have the switch panel installed and under 30 miles on the clock.
Dodge should have required an NHRA comp license to buy one. Oh well.
I still think the S/S or something else will end up with the trans brake before this generation dies off. They have a couple more model years to get through.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Affiliate is 1% under invoice not MSRP. I screwed up my original post.

On the TRX it is upwards of 5,000. I forget Hellcats but NADA has that information if you build a car on their site.
Well that makes two of us, because I screwed up my post too!

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Isn't that what affiliate pricing is? 1% below MSRP plus the current incentives?

I qualify as well and that's how I read it. Probably not buying a new car but you never know, sometimes I make decisions after a few bourbons!
Not to hijack the thread...but In Buffalo NY this weekend we have a two day air show..the Blue Angels were doing maneuvers all morning long over my building...man are they LOUD...I mean LOUD:eek::eek::eek:...I was surprised as it will be on the shores of lake Erie...and all day they were flying into Canadian air space...I found that surprising...

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Not to hijack the thread...but In Buffalo NY this weekend we have a two day air show..the Blue Angels were doing maneuvers all morning long over my building...man are they LOUD...I mean LOUD:eek::eek::eek:...I was surprised as it will be on the shores of lake Erie...and all day they were flying into Canadian air space...I found that surprising...
Crossing into the airspace is no big deal as long as it's coordinated. The Blues probably had that done 1 week prior. It takes about 5 minutes in real time.

They may not actually be in Canadian airspace too. Tower typically owns within 4 miles and 10k feet of the airfield, they probably extended that with a Temporary Flight Restriction giving tower control over more airspace and keeping civilians out.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Crossing into the airspace is no big deal as long as it's coordinated. The Blues probably had that done 1 week prior. It takes about 5 minutes in real time.
they were doing everything...tight formations..smoke trails...I think all business downtown came to a halt...everybody was outside...and man they were low too

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
they were doing everything...tight formations..smoke trails...I think all business downtown came to a halt...everybody was outside...and man they were low too
They typically have a practice or 2 prior to the show. Tomorrow's practice will likely also be an "invite only" show, prior to letting the crowds in on Saturday.

Go find a flight suit and make your way to the VIP area on Saturday, always a good time.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Used to go to an annual 'wheeling event in far eastern SoCal, and they would always practice there.
Very impressive, but got old eventually as those planes aren't exactly quiet when passing by at low altitude.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #89
Used to go to an annual 'wheeling event in far eastern SoCal, and they would always practice there.
Very impressive, but got old eventually as they would never give me a ride in one and or pilot it as well😁.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You couldn't pay me enough to do that. I hate even regular flights.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Every few years they’re at Willow Run Airport here in Michigan. During WWII they used to build bombers over there. They fly right over the house and they’re bad ass💪👍

Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat
I really don't care if my car is worth 100k or 10k. If I were to sell it I would just be buying another. It is my dream car:)
I have the feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Market is insane, just listed my 2020 for 79k and it sold and picking up another one. Kinda nuts

Where did you list it?

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I remember sitting with my Bro in his restaurant when nobody came through the door one night for hours. We discovered what has become our favorite ETF. FAS was btw $2-3 bucks when we discovered it. It has been up to $125 recently. Ha, it was in the mid-$20’s last spring!! GE was down to $6.66 on the worst day during that period in 2008 after enjoying prices in the mid-30’s. I was on a business trip driving one day. Went by a gas station in the morning and gas was $x. Came by in the afternoon the shown price on the board was like -$0.20 less, but the pump was $0.30 less. They said they stopped trying to keep up, the price was falling that fast. That is scary stuff, and it may return. When gas was going down that fast you could not give stocks away the prices were falling so fast also. Money on paper was evaporating fast, the overextended people with all the new homes and cars could not find their asses fast enough. Get into CASH now! It will be real valuable again soon. Your BS bit coin will spend about like dirt.

Everything will crash, including bitcoin for sure...but bitcoin has made many people millionaires the past decade already. I cashed in a lot of my bitcoin for gold now.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Everything will crash, including bitcoin for sure...but bitcoin has made many people millionaires the past decade already. I cashed in a lot of my bitcoin for gold now.
I pulled some off the equity markets the other day. Totally happy to watch for a while.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I pulled some off the equity markets the other day. Totally happy to watch for a while.
When bitcoin drops by 80 or 90% it should be a good buy yet again. Get back onboard for the next ride, and see where it goes. Nothing has made me more than bitcoin, not even gold, or the 2020 stock market which was EXCELLENT .

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Not sure about the general car market prices over here but used Day Vans and RVs are much higher than normal, I guess people want to holiday in the UK.

House prices also rocketed, the agent was telling me one was listed the other day for £500K which should have been more like £350K and there were nearly 40 enquiries. People will be in trouble when the bubble bursts.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Not sure about the general car market prices over here but used Day Vans and RVs are much higher than normal, I guess people want to holiday in the UK.

House prices also rocketed, the agent was telling me one was listed the other day for £500K which should have been more like £350K and there were nearly 40 enquiries. People will be in trouble when the bubble bursts.
I think we are heading towards another 2008 myself.

Cheap rates, houses are exploding in price because the cost to build is nuts. My area the average new house 2 years ago was 130-150k for a typical 3 bd 1600sf deal. Now new home builders won't touch that unless its 200k and some won't take jobs that are not at least 250k.
Left with houses on the market that are fetching tens of thousands more than they should even realistically be close to getting. Some will take baths. As long as they can keep making payments then that is fine. I just feel the bubble is going to pop.

It would be nice if the fed would start raising the interest rates to kind of slow things down a little. GM reported their best quarter ever so its not like these major corporations are struggling.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat
Where did you list it?
Listed on Autotrader. Private party bought it. Low inventory causing the price increase. Got my 2021 1k below msrp

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Ok so I called on those Demons - $250k now. Used to be 180k back in 2018.
Dont forget the crack pipe