Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

USED CAR MARKET IS INSANE!!!!!!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was talking about 2008, that was some scary stuff. Actually he has an opposite story for Covid. He remained open and with the government programs, he has done well, so has his loyal employees.
2008 was scary to say the least...once it started...I thought it would get worse...much worse..for me it was an eye opener...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It was truly interesting and very scary. The market was getting so low, we were finding some stocks and just saying wow, how low can this go? With FAS it dropped so low, looking at it compared to where it was began to be a no-brainer. Sort of like it was 12 mo ago. If they don’t reverse or split that thing sometimes it looks interesting and obvious.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
With me its more of a defensive mechanism, I subscribe to a simple philosophy, pigs get fat, hogs go to slaughter. I have done exceptionally well since 2010. I'm 68 financially secure to weather a major financial correction, with the means to capitalize if its significant, be it the poker table...the dinner table...or the financial arena...I know when to leave the table...and if I'm wrong,so what.
Remember back about 2000 when all the newer technology was heating up and the kids on Wall street were saying that the new economic model was driven by technological factors and that earnings and resultant economic factors weren't driving the markets anymore? Basic economic factors such as having a sound income based application for buying a house no longer applied. Give everyone a mortgage whether they could pay or not. The new economy would factor everything. How did that work out in 2008? Your financial stability comes down to personal discipline as does the financial well being of the country and the markets. Need money? Crank up the presses. No need for anything to back it up. This is the new economy again.
Most folks on here are financially responsible or they wouldn't be able to purchase these vehicles. The used car market right now is absolutely insane, true. I was offered a little more for my 2019 than I got by trading it in. However the tax savings trading it in was greater than all cash deal. Like the markets this too will seek and find a stable level. Take advantage of the used market now. It won't last forever.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Ok I’m guessing the power dollars was a glitch on the website this morning. Now it is only showing 2k off uhh
Still available on 2020s
Wish they would add it to the 2021s as I'd like to get a no option S/S.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Still available on 2020s
Wish they would add it to the 2021s as I'd like to get a no option S/S.
Thanks for pointing that out. Can’t believe we can order a 2020 still. That must be what happened.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Thanks for pointing that out. Can’t believe we can order a 2020 still. That must be what happened.
You can't order a 2020 but there are still a handful of new ones out there.

And if you want, look up Huntington Beach Dodge and buy one of them Demons. 16 available all brand new.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I really don't care if my car is worth 100k or 10k. If I were to sell it I would just be buying another. It is my dream car:)

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

And if you want, look up Huntington Beach Dodge and buy one of them Demons. 16 available all brand new.
Wow they've got one damn near every color

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
So who wants to buy a Whipple cat for $85k so i can get a twin turbo Lamborghini :ROFLMAO:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So who wants to buy a Whipple cat for $85k so i can get a twin turbo Lamborghini :ROFLMAO:
I know I guy that traded up from his twin turbo lambo for a Viper:)

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Just priced a new widebody M6 Hellcat with similar options to mine add $55 trade in. Something to think about but no telling when it would be available. Having to drive the corolla or Ranger for the rest of the year would definitely be a tough pill to swallow and it’s too hot for 2 wheels now In Texas.

Attachments

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Just priced a new widebody M6 Hellcat with similar options to mine add $55 trade in. Something to think about but no telling when it would be available. Having to drive the corolla or Ranger for the rest of the year would definitely be a tough pill to swallow and it’s too hot for 2 wheels now In Texas.
Can you get them? I mean, does anybody know someone that has or has ordered a 21 m6?

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Can you get them? I mean, does anybody know someone that has or has ordered a 21 m6?
after building and pricing my hellcat on the dodge web site it showed no new ones available within a 100 miles of my zip code. you would have to order it I assume. if I do look into it a lot will depend on how much dealer mark up there is.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
after building and pricing my hellcat on the dodge web site it showed no new ones available within a 100 miles of my zip code. you would have to order it I assume. if I do look into it a lot will depend on how much dealer mark up there is.
On another site @DodgeCares said something that manuals would be able to be ordered this month and perhaps manufactured in October; but didn’t mention which model year it would be.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
when I have some free time next week ill head up to my local dealer and see what's up. with inflation what it is it will be interesting to see if they would order one for anywhere close to list price.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Ok so I called on those Demons - $250k now. Used to be 180k back in 2018.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
when I have some free time next week ill head up to my local dealer and see what's up. with inflation what it is it will be interesting to see if they would order one for anywhere close to list price.
My dealer will order me a S/S for affiliate pricing (1% under invoice) and give me the 2k rebate as well.
I was really hoping Power Dollars would come back so I could combine them and get over 10k off like deals that were being cut for REs pre COVID

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
So those Demons have basically turned into showroom art.
Unless someone completely out there happens to come along.

Last edited:

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Found a used M6 by me, crazy price. thats like 10 grand over list for a used hellcat

Attachments

Last edited:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My dealer will order me a S/S for affiliate pricing (1% under MSRP) and give me the 2k rebate as well.
I was really hoping Power Dollars would come back so I could combine them and get over 10k off like deals that were being cut for REs pre COVID
Isn't that what affiliate pricing is? 1% below MSRP plus the current incentives?

I qualify as well and that's how I read it. Probably not buying a new car but you never know, sometimes I make decisions after a few bourbons!