Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

USED CAR MARKET IS INSANE!!!!!!!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I still have my Magnuson supercharged '09 SRT8 with 12,000mi. Carvana basically offered me full KBB for mint condition value. I haven't seriously listed it or tried to sell (car's paid for and insurance is less than $1200 a yr) but now wife's pushi'n me harder to sell. You guys are giving me hope for some premium sales pricing!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I still have my Magnuson supercharged '09 SRT8 with 12,000mi. Carvana basically offered me full KBB for mint condition value. I haven't seriously listed it or tried to sell (car's paid for and insurance is less than $1200 a yr) but now wife's pushi'n me harder to sell. You guys are giving me hope for some premium sales pricing!
Do it now. The longer you wait the more used Hellcats eventually hit the market and slowly make that 2010 obsolete. Do it now, not later.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Now, if I can find the time to order the exact TRX I want...
There, I fixed it for you.
And as a bonus, you won't need to pay any ADM.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Not get too off topic, but you put it out there so I'm gonna pic your brain. I agree with every thing you said except the last two sentences. I don't see that reasoning (about bit coin). I think everything you said makes sense and is an argument for crypto's not against. All markets move. Your FAS took @ 1 1/2 yrs or so to eclipse it's old high (@$107 to @$18!!!) and now crypto's are off theirs but 'only' 50% or so. What is your reasoning? I'm seriously asking this question for my own edimifacation. Thanks @DGatzby if you care to expand. Sorry to OP, maybe I should've PM'd.
I just can’t get my head around it. It is my own fault. But I was even at a giant world manufacturer’s R&D Center and their techs had some wild bunch of computers set up and were explaining it. I still can’t get it. So where do you hide when your apparent pile of assets depreciate in minutes? If I send some real green backs away for “x” coin, how and where can I make it appear in my legit bank account again? To me it seems analogous to the dark web. It is there but I am not sure if I want to go there, even if I could. Right now, that seems really speculative, hell the NASDAQ and other lofty market levels seems more speculative every day. The FAS ETF is great in hindsight. That sucker can give heart attacks along with some of our other adventures. That is a tricky little dude. The banks have been hitting it right since this last pullback that is what we can clearly see. But, I would not buy in tomorrow. My point finally is I agree with @ChargerChallenger. I believe right now, good old cash or very liquid investments are the way to sit for a while.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I just can’t get my head around it. It is my own fault. But I was even at a giant world manufacturer’s R&D Center and their techs had some wild bunch of computers set up and were explaining it. I still can’t get it. So where do you hide when your apparent pile of assets depreciate in minutes? If I send some real green backs away for “x” coin, how and where can I make it appear in my legit bank account again? To me it seems analogous to the dark web. It is there but I am not sure if I want to go there, even if I could. Right now, that seems really speculative, hell the NASDAQ and other lofty market levels seems more speculative every day. The FAS ETF is great in hindsight. That sucker can give heart attacks along with some of our other adventures. That is a tricky little dude. The banks have been hitting it right since this last pullback that is what we can clearly see. But, I would not buy in tomorrow. My point finally is I agree with @ChargerChallenger. I believe right now, good old cash or very liquid investments are the way to sit for a while.
So what do you guys consider liquid investments?

My investments did anywhere between 35-40% return over the last 12 months. My thought is I should move that money somewhere "safer" instead of leaving it on the table and doubling down right now.

Total newb at investments. I'm typically just a dollar cost averaging type who doesn't try to time the market but I'm cautious about moving forward right now.

I'm even OK with losing on the opportunity cost if I move money out too early, just not sure what the best play is.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Wonder what happens to the “Financial Bank Stress Test”. I mean where the hell did that ballgame go off to. Anyone remember so many years ago the Feds wanted to make sure the Big Banks could survive another financial crisis😳. But yet we have a Government printing money faster than the ink can dry and where is the Financial Stress Test to our Sitting Government. They probably don’t want the world to know🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27

My investments did anywhere between 35-40% return over the last 12 months. My thought is I should move that money somewhere "safer" instead of leaving it on the table and doubling down right now.

Total newb at investments. I'm typically just a dollar cost averaging type who doesn't try to time the market but I'm cautious about moving forward right now.

I'm even OK with losing on the opportunity cost if I move money out too early, just not sure what the best play is.
If anything be sure to have money spread out between many banks. The FDIC Is capped at 250k and many stories over the years of people loosing millions from having it in one bank. Better to have that amount spread out over many banks in case the banks go broke you get your money. This is a great conversation for @Hellcatcfp 😁

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wonder what happens to the “Financial Bank Stress Test”. I mean where the hell did that ballgame go off to. Anyone remember so many years ago the Feds wanted to make sure the Big Banks could survive another financial crisis😳. But yet we have a Government printing money faster than the ink can dry and where is the Financial Stress Test to our Sitting Government. They probably don’t want the world to know🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
It is really strange how we have not heard that or anything contrary to banks since January. A bit of a stumble, then those stocks have been launched.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

CC had his cash in cars! Who would have thought that would not lose cash the past 12 months? I certainly can’t give friends advice on a car Forum. But folks should be listening to professionals.

The dollar cost averaging investing can work about as good as anything. Over time if you are young, we have seen it work okay. Some of us are nearing the end of the big paycheck days and need to be careful.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Seriously considering selling both Hellcats and heading east to Texas. Will seek some cash selling opportunities tomorrow.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
For the first time ever I think it could be beneficial to have payments on vehicles.

Buy them with 84 months loans, or whatever it is these days, and towards the end the dollar may be so weak that a $1,000/mo payment is really only $100.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
For the first time ever I think it could be beneficial to have payments on vehicles.

Buy them with 84 months loans, or whatever it is these days, and towards the end the dollar may be so weak that a $1,000/mo payment is really only $100.
You are correct. This inflation is good news for having/paying off debt.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You are correct. This inflation is good news for having/paying off debt.
Dang it, Hellcatcfp. It sounds like I should go out and find something to owe on.
I rather enjoyed me debt free life.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Dang it, Hellcatcfp. It sounds like I should go out and find something to owe on.
I rather enjoyed me debt free life.
There is a lot of appeal to that, especially depending on where you're at in life.

I'll always borrow money if it's cheap enough. Right now both of my cars are at 2.25% for 60 months. Like I said above, my account with the majority of my money in it has done 35% in the last 12 months. That's too much opportunity cost to take money out of that to pay off loans at 2.25%, at least for me.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I did send @Hellcatcfp a PM and he said he's got the perfect plan for getting rich quick, can't wait to hear it! :D

Last edited:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I did send @Hellcatcfp a PM and he said he's got the perfect plan for getting rich quick, can't wait to heat it! :D
Hell I do too. It requires several trips south and returning to home station.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hell I do too. It requires several trips south and returning to home station.
The conversation about heading East and flying with the Iraqis (as a contractor) came up at work the other day. My boss said "don't you even want to know how much it pays?".

Nope.

But I hear the weather is nice this time of year around the Equator. Plus, only the stupid ones get caught.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'll always borrow money if it's cheap enough. Right now both of my cars are at 2.25% for 60 months. Like I said above, my account with the majority of my money in it has done 35% in the last 12 months. That's too much opportunity cost to take money out of that to pay off loans at 2.25%, at least for me.
I know that it can be financially advantageous, but I have that stupid thing called pride (no, not that kind!) that makes me want to actually own what I have.

To me it's basically that "the real money" stays in investments, while the "play money" is used for everything else.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The conversation about heading East and flying with the Iraqis (as a contractor) came up at work the other day. My boss said "don't you even want to know how much it pays?".

Nope.

But I hear the weather is nice this time of year around the Equator. Plus, only the stupid ones get caught.
I wish my body would allow me to rejoin BW. I would be gone in a minute.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I did send @Hellcatcfp a PM and he said he's got the perfect plan for getting rich quick, can't wait to hear it! :D
@AeroF16, after receiving my reply PM :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:.

200.gif

Wish I could do magical things.