Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Koons Red Eye's down to $59000!!!

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yeah i requested a quote on one of those base redeyes

Price......59,089
Dest.......1,495
Subtotal..60,584
Lic/Reg...477.60
Proc Fee..799.00

Total.......61,860.60
tax..........xxxxx

Still thinking on it. They have 10 in stock. Would like the 3.09 gear but if i buy and shell the stock one, i could upgrade then.
I know this has been covered before, but i can't find the thread. Please elaborate on the advantages of the 3.09 gearing. There is a non-widebody RE for sale at our local dealer...alcantara, HK sound, sunroof, perf spoiler, plus pkg, technology group, nav, 3.09 gear...for $67k with discounts...its tempting me!

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
What up badging? :whistle:

Image-1-16 2.jpeg

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Nine out ten soldiers making $24-$40k want they baddest car they can buy. They have never bought a new car before but they know they can get approved for basically anything. The military house them and feeds them. Their back up plan is reenlistment and hope they get a bonus. They go in looking at the Hellcat but the finance guy brings them down to reality. That’s how Dodge sells SXT’s, RT’s and Scat Packs. When was the last time any of you drove by the barracks on a military installation? I swear half the parking lots are filled with chargers and challengers. Hence all the internet memes about chargers/challengers been government issue.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I'll +1 that, 100% true, it's all about the payment.
It was for me. Not because it was a budgetary limitation, but rather an immediate ROI (investment being the experience of fun). I could/would spend my monthly HC payment (disposable income) buying expensive aftermarket parts and building up an old shitbox over 10 years just to start driving it at 50. Or be bopping around in a HC with a 7 year B2B warranty now at 40... err... 41.

The business case was a no brainer.

OP
coolblue

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #65
It was for me. Not because it was a budgetary limitation, but rather an immediate ROI (investment being the experience of fun). I could/would spend my monthly HC payment (disposable income) buying expensive aftermarket parts and building up an old shitbox over 10 years just to start driving it at 50. Or be bopping around in a HC with a 7 year B2B warranty now at 40... err... 41.

That's why I personally made the jump to new muscle. I loved my '57 Chevy but to get it to the level I personally wanted, it would've cost me another 20G's easy and taken a few years to complete. Plus it wouldn't have been as drivable or practical in the end to boot. And I'm 54 not 41. It was just time. The bonus for me is aesthetically the Challenger is every bit as cool just in a different way so it's not like I'm compromising on what I like to do it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I know this has been covered before, but i can't find the thread. Please elaborate on the advantages of the 3.09 gearing. There is a non-widebody RE for sale at our local dealer...alcantara, HK sound, sunroof, perf spoiler, plus pkg, technology group, nav, 3.09 gear...for $67k with discounts...its tempting me!
Are you looking at the black one? As for the 3.09s, apparently it feels super quick around town, but I don't know how you could even enjoy it with street tires. My car with the 2.62s was downright clumsy on street rubber, I put drag radials on 2 weeks after I bough it and haven't taken them off, even with the winter weather! :)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I have seen fast times out of both rear ends.
Basically if the car is cruising at 65 mph down the highway, the 3.09 will be at a higher RPM.
The gear in theory should make it accelerate faster. Many older drag cars will run 4.10s and up to help get the car to accelerate as quick as possible.

That is as basic of an explanation that i can come up with.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

I mean to a point it's about monthly payment for most people otherwise we would all be driving lambo's. I think what he was trying to articulate was that people just go in there wanting to spend X a month and don't even shop around, they go to the nearest dealer. I'll give you an example, I just picked up somebody else's lease on an f150 platinum (msrp like 70k usd) the monthly payment is $460 but the original leasee put 8k down in cash to lease it. That monthly payment is almost unheard of for that level of a truck, the guy had never leased before and didn't understand how it works and simply wanted a monthly payment that fit his budget. Similarly with finace, guys are stretching their monthly terms from the normal 36 to 60,72 and even 84 months putting themselves in the red because the car isn't worth more than what they owe on the car.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Are you looking at the black one? As for the 3.09s, apparently it feels super quick around town, but I don't know how you could even enjoy it with street tires. My car with the 2.62s was downright clumsy on street rubber, I put drag radials on 2 weeks after I bough it and haven't taken them off, even with the winter weather! :)
Yes the black one. Its 2019 and has same wheels as on my 2017...thus i would plan on putting my 10.5 HR5s with continental 305s on the rears and 275 continentals on stock wheels in front. That has been big improvement on my '17 HC. What ya think about price with options on it...fair?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Yes the black one. Its 2019 and has same wheels as on my 2017...thus i would plan on putting my 10.5 HR5s with continental 305s on the rears and 275 continentals on stock wheels in front. That has been big improvement on my '17 HC. What ya think about price with options on it...fair?
Sounds like you already have a plan ;)

I paid $67 too on an $81 sticker. For our market these are pretty good deals, yours a little better than mine! Thing that got me to pull the trigger was what I considered a really high trade in for my Scat Pack. I couldn't resist!

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds like you already have a plan ;)

I paid $67 too on an $81 sticker. For our market these are pretty good deals, yours a little better than mine! Thing that got me to pull the trigger was what I considered a really high trade in for my Scat Pack. I couldn't resist!
Nice...i bought my '17 from the same dealer, so yes it would depend on what they do with trade.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Just make sure you have the dealer swap hoods before you pick it up...lol

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Just make sure you have the dealer swap hoods before you pick it up...lol
I love my current hood, but this is pretty bad*ss too i think!

Attachments

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I love my current hood, but this is pretty bad*ss too i think!
Yours looks much better...but I.m partial...lol

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Just saw an update from Koons on the other site. Same deal with a bunch of inventory left.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Three points to consider...your going to be dead for a very long time...money has no value till you spend it...and its really only important when you don't have any...look in the mirror..thats not an adolescent you see...your closer to the end than the beginning ..get what you want now...(but what do I know)
Wait....what?!?! Now I feel old.....thanks.....

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I dont get how someone goes in looking at Hellcats and leaves in an SXT. For the life of me i dont get that. Are people really this fickle?
I think when they find out what the tax is and 1700.00 gas guzzler fee, the payments get out of hand for some. I remember those days. I hated coming home with second or third best, but that's life.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I think when they find out what the tax is and 1700.00 gas guzzler fee, the payments get out of hand for some. I remember those days. I hated coming home with second or third best, but that's life.
Still seems odd. I know if i go in looking for a Hellcat, find out i cant afford it, i leave. I dont buy something different just for the sake of buying. I guess i’ll never really understand it.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I don't get this. When I buy a car from a dealer, I expect/account for tax, dealer fee, gas guzzler and tag fees. It's simply part of doing business.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Does the RedEye have the Chiller feature?