Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Koons Red Eye's down to $59000!!!

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I was incorrect... looks like the PowerDollars are still here. (y)

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 7.47.18 AM.png

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
@SilverBillet there are no special requirements. @ChargerChallenger yes you are correct but those fees apply to all new cars at any price. As @Jack_Toepfer said....quite a bargain. How much would the RE hard parts alone cost (Complete motor, tranny, driveshaft, rear diff, axles, Brembo calipers, rotors etc.) without the car?
I'm truly astonished. How low can they go?
I don't think it costs Dodge any more $$$ to build a RE vs the base Hellcat. If it does, it is minimal. They still make good $$$ selling a 25k car at 60k

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I was incorrect... looks like the PowerDollars are still here. (y)

View attachment 11790
Just saw this too. I think they will be extended for a while. One more month and i'll be tempted.
The 59k B5 at Koons though :drool:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I remember when vipers were receiving nasty deep discounts back in '15/'16. That is a distant memory now as the cars are commanding MSRP +++.

My true belief is after the power dollars are removed, and remaining '19s are sold, used market will rebound.
Vipers were overpriced from the factory to begin with. $110 and 125k i think were the starting price for SRT and GTS models.
Then you had the MT comparison where the older C6 ZR1 Corvette was faster than the track pack Viper.

Cars sat. My local dealer had 3 and then moth balled them away. Tim K cut the price and the cars came back to the show room but even then they took a year or so to sell.

Viper needed to be in the Z06 price range to sell the supposed 2,000 units a year they were hoping for.
A hell cat Viper would be bad ass but it will never happen. They could sell it a lot cheaper than the V10 versions too

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I don't think it costs Dodge any more $$$ to build a RE vs the base Hellcat. If it does, it is minimal. They still make good $$$ selling a 25k car at 60k
At this stage I'd bet the scales of economy/ROI have proven that it costs marginally more to build a Hellcat vs a R/T. FCA is making bank on these cars.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
So given all this....Why would anyone buy a used, mint con'd, low mile 15-17 "plain" hellcat that are running in the upper 40's when you can get a NEW RE for ~10K more.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So given all this....Why would anyone buy a used, mint con'd, low mile 15-17 "plain" hellcat that are running in the upper 40's when you can get a NEW RE for ~10K more.
They simply dont know.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
people want what they can't get, hence upbadging exists.
If you walked into a dealership thinking Hellcat, you probably also knew it wasn't going to be a $30k car... and wouldn't settle for less.
Upbadging exists because of dreamers with no intent to purchase. The theory above is that the HC gets them into the dealership because they want 700+ HP and then they settle for 305... I don't know if that's true... I never considered it, not even for the Camaro or Mustang. I'm also a top of the line guy though, when I buy a vehicle it is always in the highest trim available because that is what appeals to me, not the shell of something similar.

Vipers were overpriced from the factory to begin with. $110 and 125k i think were the starting price for SRT and GTS models.
Then you had the MT comparison where the older C6 ZR1 Corvette was faster than the track pack Viper.
Cars sat. My local dealer had 3 and then moth balled them away. Tim K cut the price and the cars came back to the show room but even then they took a year or so to sell.
Viper needed to be in the Z06 price range to sell the supposed 2,000 units a year they were hoping for.
A hell cat Viper would be bad ass but it will never happen. They could sell it a lot cheaper than the V10 versions too
Careful, there's a touchy Viper crowd on here... :ROFLMAO:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
They simply dont know.
You are in the market for a HC and you don't bother to look what the new ones are going for before plunking down ~50K?

Stupid is as stupid does I suppose!

What it tells me (potential buyer stupidity notwithstanding) is that we are likely to get a significant leg down in the 15-19 HC resale market within the coming months.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If you walked into a dealership thinking Hellcat, you probably also knew it wasn't going to be a $30k car... and wouldn't settle for less.
Upbadging exists because of dreamers with no intent to purchase. The theory above is that the HC gets them into the dealership because they want 700+ HP and then they settle for 305... I don't know if that's true... I never considered it, not even for the Camaro or Mustang. I'm also a top of the line guy though, when I buy a vehicle it is always in the highest trim available because that is what appeals to me, not the shell of something similar.

Careful, there's a touchy Viper crowd on here... :ROFLMAO:
There's lots of window shoppers in this country, as well as younger guys who can't actually afford the hellcat but still think the charger is a badass car, whether they drop to the scat pack or r/t or even the gt/sxt they want to walk out of the dealership in a "charger/challenger" (insert bmw/mercedes/Audi, etc,etc inbetween the quotes but for this discussion it's a charger/challenger)

Tons of people buy new cars every year simply because they don't want a used car (don't ask me why, I hate that depreciation on new cars which is why I lease) the hellcat is sort of a drawing card similar to gas at wawa/royal farm/ other big company, you come in for gas (to see a hellcat) and you end up buying other stuff inside the store (in this case a lower model)

I will however add that a lot of v6 and 5.7 chargers are rental cars and police cars in the respective order, as for the challenger it's just a retro looking car, I'm sure everyone would love a hellcat but gas, insurance and the actual payment of the car are huge factors, some could afford a hc but after high insurance quotes they decide a scatpack is better for them? Just throwing out possible explanations for the challenger here.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
These redeye deals are great but I bought a used '16 last year. A used CHARGER HC. I can't do a Challenger, no matter how good the deal is. What would i do with my dog???

Member ID
Reactions
City
Elberfeld
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
ScatCat
Good buy

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
You are in the market for a HC and you don't bother to look what the new ones are going for before plunking down ~50K?

Stupid is as stupid does I suppose!

What it tells me (potential buyer stupidity notwithstanding) is that we are likely to get a significant leg down in the 15-19 HC resale market within the coming months.
I’ve looked at Koons and used models. I would be perfectly happy with a used low mile 15-16 but not at the prices I’ve found so far. I want a manual car so a Redeye is out. If Koons ups their 4 percent below invoice to the 9 they are offering on some other vehicles I would probably go that direction. Their fees and shipping kind of offset the great deal.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I think for most of us on here, a $10K delta wouldn't be a deal breaker, but there are some that are budget minded (or just plain restricted) and it makes a difference to them, more so than the other aspects of any given deal...

Frankly, I WISH I could be like that more than I am, but I'm often blind to money, or at least it's secondary to the things I want...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I’ve looked at Koons and used models. I would be perfectly happy with a used low mile 15-16 but not at the prices I’ve found so far. I want a manual car so a Redeye is out. If Koons ups their 4 percent below invoice to the 9 they are offering on some other vehicles I would probably go that direction. Their fees and shipping kind of offset the great deal.
Yeah i requested a quote on one of those base redeyes

Price......59,089
Dest.......1,495
Subtotal..60,584
Lic/Reg...477.60
Proc Fee..799.00

Total.......61,860.60
tax..........xxxxx

Still thinking on it. They have 10 in stock. Would like the 3.09 gear but if i buy and shell the stock one, i could upgrade then.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Less money, less weight, better performance...what's there not to like??
that god awful hood...

Attachments

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
that god awful hood...
Hey now....Muscle Pontiacs rule!

Altho...i agree...that (particular) 1975 hood....lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think for most of us on here, a $10K delta wouldn't be a deal breaker, but there are some that are budget minded (or just plain restricted) and it makes a difference to them, more so than the other aspects of any given deal...

Frankly, I WISH I could be like that more than I am, but I'm often blind to money, or at least it's secondary to the things I want...
Three points to consider...your going to be dead for a very long time...money has no value till you spend it...and its really only important when you don't have any...look in the mirror..thats not an adolescent you see...your closer to the end than the beginning ..get what you want now...(but what do I know)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There's lots of window shoppers in this country, as well as younger guys who can't actually afford the hellcat but still think the charger is a badass car, whether they drop to the scat pack or r/t or even the gt/sxt they want to walk out of the dealership in a "charger/challenger" (insert bmw/mercedes/Audi, etc,etc inbetween the quotes but for this discussion it's a charger/challenger)

Tons of people buy new cars every year simply because they don't want a used car (don't ask me why, I hate that depreciation on new cars which is why I lease) the hellcat is sort of a drawing card similar to gas at wawa/royal farm/ other big company, you come in for gas (to see a hellcat) and you end up buying other stuff inside the store (in this case a lower model)

I will however add that a lot of v6 and 5.7 chargers are rental cars and police cars in the respective order, as for the challenger it's just a retro looking car, I'm sure everyone would love a hellcat but gas, insurance and the actual payment of the car are huge factors, some could afford a hc but after high insurance quotes they decide a scatpack is better for them? Just throwing out possible explanations for the challenger here.
The majority of new car sales...(and leases) are drivin by the monthly payment..the consumer has a figure...and a budget that he can afford..Ive seen people upgrade the vehicle...but extend the term..some intending to finance for 36 months..get talked into 60..even 72 months..and drive out with a scat pack...3 yrs into it...upside down big time...its insanity

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The majority of new car sales...(and leases) are drivin by the monthly payment..the consumer has a figure...and a budget that he can afford..Ive seen people upgrade the vehicle...but extend the term..some intending to finance for 36 months..get talked into 60..even 72 months..and drive out with a scat pack...3 yrs into it...upside down big time...its insanity
I'll +1 that, 100% true, it's all about the payment.