Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Koons Red Eye's down to $59000!!!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
That seems to be a good deal to me , considering I paid $64 for my 2017.
Damn it :eek:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Less money, less weight, better performance...what's there not to like??

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Less money, less weight, better performance...what's there not to like??
The other way of putting it is - more performance, less of everything else. What's it worth?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
To me, less is more. Unless it's performance.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The other way of putting it is - more performance, less of everything else. What's it worth?
Looks like $59K US (or less). I totally get having comfort, and respect the desire, but - I'll be damned if even without all the bells and whistles these cars aren't suitably equipped as a base model with the huge engine. When I was a kid I wanted as much power as possible, in as little car as possible, for the least amount of money.

Last edited:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Market saturation, internal numbers fudging, and a very interesting way to alienate your previous clientele - that's what these numbers mean.

For $59K I'd have considered a NB RE.
can u elaborate?

"and a very interesting way to alienate your previous clientele"

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
He means a major price drop tends to piss off those who only a short time before paid MSRP or more for the product.

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
He means a major price drop tends to piss of those who only a short time before paid MSRP or more for the product.
Had to send in my TERP because the poor bastard didn't understand Canadian.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, I was roasted when I said a USED RE would be ~60K or so this time last year....well i was wrong, looks like a NEW one at that number was more accurate!

IMO this is reality finally hitting dodge. NO OTHER carmaker has good numbers for coupes. in fact, all have just about canceled everything....save for Camaro and mustang..i think in the short to medium run dodge can hang on to challenger but charger likely has to go soon...can't keep 2...

whats really most disappointing is that the wow factor of massive HP may finally have hit saturation and now it's coming to an end...selling this car for mid 50s (after further negotiation off their 59K (?) means that this car IS NOT SELLING at all...and to think early dealers were asking (getting?) ADM!

I get it that some here want to be in denial but that's the reality..esp with the merger all but here (read: pushing for electrification...continued investment in ICE HP war (that ford and chevy likely won't fight in) doesn't fit in with that narrative going forward)...

the good news? you can now score a CRAZY ASS car for peanuts. that said don't expect to resell for a profit anytime soon. this car, used will be in the 40s within another year...

just how it works...and please don't flame the messenger!

bottom line is we STILL will own some truly insane iconic legends regardless of where the market goes from here. get em while u can!

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Charger sells more by head count if I remember correctly :)

Charger burnout gif.gif

Note, I'm not just talking HCs and such, I'm talking total numbers. But I could be wrong. I dont' bother with that stuff.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 11742

Note, I'm not just talking HCs and such, I'm talking total numbers. But I could be wrong. I dont' bother with that stuff.
Maybe the Challenger goes instead then. Two "cars" are not sustainable even medium term imo.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Havre de grace
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Redeye
I bought my Redeye from Koons in August. They were great to deal with. I made the deal over the phone in less than an hour.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Was looking at Redeye prices to see what was going on. Got on E-bay and looked. Then I went to Koons website where I bought mine last month. They have them as low as 59K NEW. Same car, same options, (stripper) same color (B5 blue) as mine was 62K at the beginning of December with mine. They only had two. That 2cnd car is still their along with others in different colors and all marked down to 59K!. Man these things must not be movi'n.

Now that's a deal

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
The $59k number is definitely an FCA thing. My 20' DSRT was stickered at $70k. I paid $59,000 for the vehicle. But add in those "fees" plus the sales tax(7%) and tag/title and it's not $59k anymore. 😳

But I was okay with that. 🍻🇺🇸😂

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

View attachment 11742

No you're right, while I don't think he's dumb I will have to qualify that statement as the dumb statement of the day, there are more v6 rental car chargers and police chargers that inflate the sales numbers than v6 challengers that go into fleet. It's roughly 80k per year sales for chargers versus 65k for challengers.

Flagship models always attract people in sales, hellcats attract potential dodge customers in and they flock towards sxt's,gt's, r/t's, and scat packs, which is why fca started putting out those performance "packs" like higher trims hood's, rims, spoiler, etc etc. This concept is what attracts buyers, i.e the S class and 7 series attract buyers of bmw and mercedes even if those buyers end up going with a c class or 3 series. So while I don't think they will cut these models out they are definitely milking them and will probably cut production accordingly, when the new generation comes out I'm sure there will be drastic changes due to epa requirements, safety standards, etc etc

Something like shaving off 500 lbs plus twin turbo smaller sized v8, awd, all the new tech features would be very attractive in a new charger, I still think challenger will be tough to update as people like the retro look but make no mistake all those changes listed bump up the sales price by 10-15k and so now the counterpoint will be "is it worth spending 90-100k on a dodge," It will be interesting to see what exactly fca does.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
No you're right, while I don't think he's dumb I will have to qualify that statement as the dumb statement of the day, there are more v6 rental car chargers and police chargers that inflate the sales numbers than v6 challengers that go into fleet. It's roughly 80k per year sales for chargers versus 65k for challengers.

Flagship models always attract people in sales, hellcats attract potential dodge customers in and they flock towards sxt's,gt's, r/t's, and scat packs, which is why fca started putting out those performance "packs" like higher trims hood's, rims, spoiler, etc etc. This concept is what attracts buyers, i.e the S class and 7 series attract buyers of bmw and mercedes even if those buyers end up going with a c class or 3 series. So while I don't think they will cut these models out they are definitely milking them and will probably cut production accordingly, when the new generation comes out I'm sure there will be drastic changes due to epa requirements, safety standards, etc etc

Something like shaving off 500 lbs plus twin turbo smaller sized v8, awd, all the new tech features would be very attractive in a new charger, I still think challenger will be tough to update as people like the retro look but make no mistake all those changes listed bump up the sales price by 10-15k and so now the counterpoint will be "is it worth spending 90-100k on a dodge," It will be interesting to see what exactly fca does.
I dont get how someone goes in looking at Hellcats and leaves in an SXT. For the life of me i dont get that. Are people really this fickle?

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
I remember when vipers were receiving nasty deep discounts back in '15/'16. That is a distant memory now as the cars are commanding MSRP +++.

My true belief is after the power dollars are removed, and remaining '19s are sold, used market will rebound.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I remember when vipers were receiving nasty deep discounts back in '15/'16. That is a distant memory now as the cars are commanding MSRP +++.

My true belief is after the power dollars are removed, and remaining '19s are sold, used market will rebound.
Agree 100%

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I dont get how someone goes in looking at Hellcats and leaves in an SXT. For the life of me i dont get that. Are people really this fickle?
people want what they can't get, hence upbadging exists.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

completely different markets, while the market could still rebound, you are comparing an extremely low production exotic that is manual only and isn't even produced anymore to two mass produced vehicles that come in auto's and are able to be daily driven in less harsh winter areas and in those harsh winter areas can still be driven from circa march to october. Latest gen Vipers have a lot less miles because people started garaging them like collectibles.