Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Drove a C8 Corvette today to buy one and damn so disappointed😳

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
so im on msrp list for z06 and zr1 (whenever announced). wondering if passing on z06 might make sense and just get to top dog Z. i want all ice tho. if zr1 is hybrid I'm out. anyone know? also is zora > zr1? maybe wait for that instead lol.
ZR1 = 5.5L V8 TT around 800HP. The Zora will be the first to come after the ZR1 (I think) - That will be a hybrid platform pushing 1000HP from what GM insiders are saying.

I'd go with the Z06 unless you are OK with $140-200k OTD on a Chevrolet - Starting to get into the price range of more exotic toys at that point but Chevy has a dealer just about every 100 miles. Maintenance will be 10x cheaper in the long run if done at the Dealership. Way less down time which could come into play when purchasing a track toy (y)(y)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
ZR1 = 5.5L V8 TT around 800HP. The Zora will be the first to come after the ZR1 (I think) - That will be a hybrid platform pushing 1000HP from what GM insiders are saying.

I'd go with the Z06 unless you are OK with $140-200k OTD on a Chevrolet - Starting to get into the price range of more exotic toys at that point but Chevy has a dealer just about every 100 miles. Maintenance will be 10x cheaper in the long run if done at the Dealership. Way less down time which could come into play when purchasing a track toy (y)(y)
So the ZR1 will use the flat plane crank v8 and juice it with a TT. So the Last ice corvette? If yes I think THATS my target C8. As for 140-200k. Do u think Is thats for the Zora or for the zr1? I have no interest In a hybrid…

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So the ZR1 will use the flat plane crank v8 and juice it with a TT. So the Last ice corvette? If yes I think THATS my target C8. As for 140-200k. Do u think Is thats for the Zora or for the zr1? I have no interest In a hybrid…
Not a hybrid fan either..but given the fact I'm gonna be 69 in a week..I plan on havin enough Icicles in the garage to last until I'm old and feeble..and probably in diapers again..:cry::cry: