Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Drove a C8 Corvette today to buy one and damn so disappointedšŸ˜³

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Hey..it is what it is..probably the most refined corvette to date,,does a lot well..and comfortable..not a fan of the convert.,,,like the look of the exposed engine..Its not a RE/Demon.. or HC for that matter..but then again..it doesn't try to be..
Right and most people donā€™t actually listen to the video all the way. I mention near the last part of the video hell it ainā€™t the car itā€™s mešŸ˜. Just too refined like a BMW or German car. I like the good old American Muscle feel and the previous generation Vettes radiated that.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Itā€™s really a two seater sports car more than a muscle car. Itā€™s a different kind of car. Itā€™s quick but the C8 is purpose designed for the track

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
The ZO6 is in the works..;)
Orders starting next month :) The only other car i'm keeping an eye on is the R36 GTR. Not much news has been released yet but it's confirmed they will be making one. 2022 is the last year of the R35.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wow CC, a heartbreaker. I've got a bit of your sickness but do 1 fun car at a time (although at one point I had 5 bikes: 1098R, Busa, MV Agusta Brutale, CVO V-Rod, Stage 4 Yamaha Warrior).

Over time I've owned 4 Vettes and all were a hoot to drive. Switched over to Vipers and never went back. Had a 2018 F Type R that I loved for the reasons you state but sold it to get my Redeye.

So sad to hear your results but glad you drove it and appreciate your vid. Your daughter did the best summary I've heard in a while, tell her I said "much respect".

I was starting to eyeball the C8 but would have the same disappointment as you. Sounds like it is missing that "visceral" quality we as Mopar fiends must have to enjoy a street ride. As DGatsby said...ZR1

Sooooo...how do you compare the GT500 to the Redeye...Ice Age comparison video please and would like to hear your daughter chime in regarding the 392 also.

Thanks for the post & the 411.
1098R...yer my hero..;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Orders starting next month :) The only other car i'm keeping an eye on is the R36 GTR. Not much news has been released yet but it's confirmed they will be making one. 2022 is the last year of the R35.
I'm scheduled for an early one..my C8 back in 2020 was WNY's first..

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
The C8 is one of the ugliest cars I've seen in a long time. Looks like a cheap exotic kit car. I was this close to selling my Boss 302 and Hellcat a few weeks ago to buy a GT500 that a dealer up in Wyoming had for a decent price. The Shelby sold before I could put something together. Still might do that this spring depending on what the market does

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The C8 is one of the ugliest cars I've seen in a long time. Looks like a cheap exotic kit car. I was this close to selling my Boss 302 and Hellcat a few weeks ago to buy a GT500 that a dealer up in Wyoming had for a decent price. The Shelby sold before I could put something together. Still might do that this spring depending on what the market does

You've forgotten what happened the last time you sold your kitty already?

: p

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Once interest rates and gas goes up these cars are going to fall in value for a little while. In the long run the hellcat is the car of this muscle car era.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
Another Dealer I deal with sold 38 cars Saturday and is on the same course today and did close to the same on Friday.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I wouldn't give it the ugliest car in quite a long time honors.. (clearly Mclaren's are more deserving)..obviously opinions vary..if not..who would eat all the pistachio ice cream..:unsure:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ugly and/or beautiful cars are all opinions and that is fine.

To me some of those Chev designers must be Italian, because that C8 especially the Z06 really can look like Ferrari and Lambos to me, and to my Italian eyes & wallet, I like the package.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Another Dealer I deal with sold 38 cars Saturday and is on the same course today and did close to the same on Friday.
So where ya puttin 38 more cars...:unsure:

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
1098R...yer my hero..;)
Thanks man. That was when I was still drawing a paycheck. Now retired and able to keep 1 fun ride. This is from when I was Big Pimpinā€™ 885C03E0-120A-4C16-926F-4E49A3FCB2C5.jpeg 16F3B3D0-1C80-417F-9277-7BCB1D66B19A.jpeg

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Gt500 is a fun car. Iā€™m still wanting to drive one.
but when I thought about buying one I went to the gt500 forums it was a lot of people missing their redeye or hellcat and a lot of people who likes the gt500 better. The best summary over their was if you want the muscle car pure power feel the hellcat route is the way to go. The more refined feel go gt500.
I like the pure power feel. @Hayabusa thats why I currently have a hayabusa for my bike. I daily that more than the hellcat šŸ˜‚
Jon...you da man! My Busa was a 2003. I sold the bikes a handful of years ago as I started preparing to retire. I miss riding and have been looking at the current Busa.
The straight up sport bikes are a little rough on my neck, back, and knees after about 30 minutes. The Busa is still comfortable. One of my favorite bikes that I've owned is this Aprilia RSV 1000R. This was after my last ride on her. Miss that one!

damn, I hijacked the threadā€¦ sorryā€¦

CCā€¦Can you find me a GT500 with track pack and Power Dollars please? šŸ˜†

65D89258-8DF9-4B6D-93D2-B9C883DB401B.jpeg

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
Jon...you da man! My Busa was a 2003. I sold the bikes a handful of years ago as I started preparing to retire. I miss riding and have been looking at the current Busa.
The straight up sport bikes are a little rough on my neck, back, and knees after about 30 minutes. The Busa is still comfortable. One of my favorite bikes that I've owned is this Aprilia RSV 1000R. This was after my last ride on her. Miss that one!

damn, I hijacked the threadā€¦ sorryā€¦

CCā€¦Can you find me a GT500 with track pack and Power Dollars please? šŸ˜†

View attachment 64300
damn if I could I would in a heart beat.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
so im on msrp list for z06 and zr1 (whenever announced). wondering if passing on z06 might make sense and just get to top dog Z. i want all ice tho. if zr1 is hybrid I'm out. anyone know? also is zora > zr1? maybe wait for that instead lol.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
so im on msrp list for z06 and zr1 (whenever announced). wondering if passing on z06 might make sense and just get to top dog Z. i want all ice tho. if zr1 is hybrid I'm out. anyone know? also is zora > zr1? maybe wait for that instead lol.

Not here, but don't forget the "Saving the cars" story from the Marshall fire.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Here's my take...I wanted the 2020..drove it 2 seasons..now it's the ZO6..the C8 gets traded on the ZO6..i'm into the C8@ a grand under MSRP I;m not gonna get hurt..not sure if..or when the ZR1 will be released..or if it's what I want..I'm sure I'll have no trouble flippin the ZO6 and movin up if it's what I want..It just makes more sense to me to have the car..then to wait and maybe miss out..you could be waiting 2..3..or more years..I'm not waitin..but that's just me..

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Here's my take...I wanted the 2020..drove it 2 seasons..now it's the ZO6..the C8 gets traded on the ZO6..i'm into the C8@ a grand under MSRP I;m not gonna get hurt..not sure if..or when the ZR1 will be released..or if it's what I want..I'm sure I'll have no trouble flippin the ZO6 and movin up if it's what I want..It just makes more sense to me to have the car..then to wait and maybe miss out..you could be waiting 2..3..or more years..I'm not waitin..but that's just me..
not bad advice...esp since C8s are pulling MSRP+ right now...so Z06 even better (since I'm in at MSRP). Plus since I'll be a yr 2 Z06 i can cheat and see if i like it from all u guys who get yr 1 cars...