Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Clocked At 111 In Georgia. He Was Being Tried.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
We had ritual killings in gravel pits of our $50 (or so) winter cars in Europe...especially if they still ran when the registration expired in the spring.

And if they didn't, it was fun to open both doors (yes, they were mostly multi-door cars) and then run into them with the Jeeps. Sometimes we had two at a time and could easily climb over them. Well, much easier than with a single and narrow car.
The gravel pits were our favorites. Running down street signs was another. Used to blow them up with a shotgun many times.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Agreed
No reason the national speed limit on the Interstate should be anything under 85
I mean at that speed why stop, keep going...
I only ran from the cops once...(on a motorcycle)..was well into triple digits when I saw him come out from behind a bridge...NYS police..driving a then fox body pursuit mustang...I jumped off the next exit..(aprox 3 miles..)..and hid behind a small plaza...he went flyin by in less than a minute...gotta admit...my legs were shakin like a dog shittin peach stones...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
I only ran from the cops once...(on a motorcycle)..was well into triple digits when I saw him come out from behind a bridge...NYS police..driving a then fox body pursuit mustang...I jumped off the next exit..(aprox 3 miles..)..and hid behind a small plaza...he went flyin by in less than a minute...gotta admit...my legs were shakin like a dog shittin peach stones...
Outran a jersey state trooper when street racing 1 time. All he knew was that it was a brown Challenger. Told the flagger that he let me go because I turned him in. He was a very large dude.

Him and a buddy came to my work. He was going to rip me apart. I told him that I didn't roll over on him and I got away. He finally believed me.

Damn trooper trying to get revenge because I whooped his 440 ass.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
"Officials said due to the Challenger’s unique tail lights, they were able to accurately check its speed with the LIDAR system. "

All the more reason to have gotten the Taxi instead.
Which has even more distinctive tail lights

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Agreed
No reason the national speed limit on the Interstate should be anything under 85
Every thing but the driver.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
I mean at that speed why stop, keep going...
It is so easy to hit 111 without meaning too.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Only 111?

Back when I rode motorcycles I always carried a couple spark plugs in my jacket pocket. If someone screwed with me I'd pull around them and just throw one back on my way by :)
BB’s;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Oh, and the 111? Holy shit, they'd have been all over my ass. My only excuse would have been "cruise control."

Instead of spark plugs, I carried a few ball bearings when I rode. I found they gave better control and predictability.
Agreed...ball bearings are a riders best friend @ times...I still use them today...(y)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
9 mm is my best friend. If I cut you off fer a raisun den it is dee bate abul, butt you hit my car and whore bike wit a balz baren. Time fer da 9mm 2 cum out. Fur a many reasuns. 1 reasun I checked into dis ALFer waz because I had over 30 broken bones. Both hands and neck wore broke cause of fights. Doo to a couple of knuckle heads hit my car in a paking gerrage. I hit 1 broke a hand, hit anutter, broke a hand. Went frum dare. Ball bareing, my ass. Just bee cause day both ware 6 fut 4 and afrow americoons made dare bone harder. I hit em ass hard. Ust bee cause day were pro wrastlers, know dafarance. Day hit my car. Broke hands, broke neck ware day body slammed wa intwo da concrete. Didn't madder. Day hit my caa. No reasun fer it, no ex cueses, just an ass whoopen. Didnten know it waz my ass. Da 9mm should half cum outster when day cum out of day caar. Day were big, butt have taken down bi gger and moe. Ball bare enings my ass.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Except pulling out a 9mm in the middle of a busy freeway and firing it at another vehicle generally will attract a bit more attention then casually and secretively dropping a few BB’s or ball bearings along the route. Which are wicked effective! Never have seen a reason in my decades of driving a motorcycle to allow any four wheeled vehicle to even get close enough to any motorcycle I’ll drive to make me get off of my mechanical horse and exchange fists either.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
That calls for a hard brake check once you get around them. Just remember to hit the gas at the same time as the brake so you have the reserve power ready to accelerate away from them
I've had ass hats brake check me for no reason, I have never done that to anyone and never will. I just wave them by if they are having a bad day and do my own thing. If they become an issue I change my route or leave them in the dust. As a CCW carrier I would much rather deal with police and speeding than some dumbass with a death wish. Avoidance is your best friend and does not make you a coward, just smarter than the other guy/gal! Also when on my bike, yeah that ones harder to avoid idiots but I still do my best. Loosing my life or spending a lifetime in jail or a wheel chair just isn't worth "proving" I'm right. I'll wave an apology and try to go on my way and let them go after the next guy that can't let it go. If that's the case I'll film the fight and be a good witness for the ensuing court case or police intervention.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
There's a 23 mile stretch of I 70 from Breezewood going east in Pa that is posted 55 mph.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
There's a 23 mile stretch of I 70 from Breezewood going east in Pa that is posted 55 mph.
Difference between PA and CO? There is a major interstate within the Denver metro area. 75 mph limit, real light LE monitoring it seems. I take it back and forth to work every day. Love it.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #54
If someone is following you 2 close. Just hit your windshield washer for about 10 seconds. It usually works for me and you seem like you're innocent.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
I've had ass hats brake check me for no reason, I have never done that to anyone and never will. I just wave them by if they are having a bad day and do my own thing. If they become an issue I change my route or leave them in the dust. As a CCW carrier I would much rather deal with police and speeding than some dumbass with a death wish. Avoidance is your best friend and does not make you a coward, just smarter than the other guy/gal! Also when on my bike, yeah that ones harder to avoid idiots but I still do my best. Loosing my life or spending a lifetime in jail or a wheel chair just isn't worth "proving" I'm right. I'll wave an apology and try to go on my way and let them go after the next guy that can't let it go. If that's the case I'll film the fight and be a good witness for the ensuing court case or police intervention.
You can call me a pussy but I'll run away from them before getting entangled with them.

Only when forced into a corner will I engage and it won't be passive.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
You can call me a pussy but I'll run away from them before getting entangled with them.

Only when forced into a corner will I engage and it won't be passive.
Yep Agreed, Exactly what I said!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Well boys and Gals. I suppose you neva rode wit da Outlaws. Da wood not let cha fer1. Balled bearens keep fer ya sling shots wit ya daughtars. Jack a roots.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #58
Well boys and Gals. I suppose you neva rode wit da Outlaws. Da wood not let cha fer1. Balled bearens keep fer ya sling shots wit ya daughtars. Jack a roots.
Never have. I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid.

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
Speed limits in this country are such a joke at this point. While I'm getting pulled over and cuffed for wreckless at 100 MPH+ in NH, the Karen hogging the left lane causing everyone to weave around her, almost hitting each other and causing a pile up gets a pass. 65 MPH is such an insanely low speed limit for cars designed to safely travel at 200 MPH. Even an average 4 wheel appliance that we're surrounded by on a daily basis can easily travel at 100+ MPH day in and day out.

Unfortunately, because of our antiquated traffic laws and specifically the enforcement and emphasis on laws that don't actually promote safety, we've bred a culture who text while they drive, shaves, talks on the phone, doesn't know traffic laws at all and who sit in the left lane and force everyone else around them on the non passing side. We could never change them at this point to something like what the Autobahn has shown us can be very safe and efficient for many decades. People here simply couldn't handle actually having to drive.

Since I've gotten the hellcat, I make every effort to blow through traffic wherever possible and get away from the "pack." Sometimes this means passing on the right side, I really don't care. The only close calls I've had in the last 5 years have been because I have been stuck IN the "pack" of idiocy and have almost been taken out by someone not paying attention. It's much safer for me to get around traffic and into the open.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #60
Speed limits in this country are such a joke at this point. While I'm getting pulled over and cuffed for wreckless at 100 MPH+ in NH, the Karen hogging the left lane causing everyone to weave around her, almost hitting each other and causing a pile up gets a pass. 65 MPH is such an insanely low speed limit for cars designed to safely travel at 200 MPH. Even an average 4 wheel appliance that we're surrounded by on a daily basis can easily travel at 100+ MPH day in and day out.

Unfortunately, because of our antiquated traffic laws and specifically the enforcement and emphasis on laws that don't actually promote safety, we've bred a culture who text while they drive, shaves, talks on the phone, doesn't know traffic laws at all and who sit in the left lane and force everyone else around them on the non passing side. We could never change them at this point to something like what the Autobahn has shown us can be very safe and efficient for many decades. People here simply couldn't handle actually having to drive.

Since I've gotten the hellcat, I make every effort to blow through traffic wherever possible and get away from the "pack." Sometimes this means passing on the right side, I really don't care. The only close calls I've had in the last 5 years have been because I have been stuck IN the "pack" of idiocy and have almost been taken out by someone not paying attention. It's much safer for me to get around traffic and into the open.
Watch out for the lines of cruise control morons.