Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Clocked At 111 In Georgia. He Was Being Tried.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wee Challenger peoples due attempt 2 obay da laws, but times cum it 2 play ware weez have 2 take itster 2 muv a bit faster. Ax ample. Ize waz taken da new HC fer a break in to Atlanta and home. 1,200 miles at 70 mph. It waz Labor Day weak end. Da only peoples dat attempted 2 challenge da new Challenger, waz da Georgia Hyway Patrol. 3 different times did dat run up against me goosen dare carz. Wanting 2 run, but nope. Da bastards. Two halve my 140 mph in a 55 dismissed by da tates a guud attourney waz a god send. Detect whore did not make a peepster.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
"Officials said due to the Challenger’s unique tail lights, they were able to accurately check its speed with the LIDAR system. "

All the more reason to have gotten the Taxi instead.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They are insane with radar guns there are down here too just don’t speed on the street don’t know what’s wrong w people
Agreed...can't for the life of me figure out why anybody would knowingly exceed the posted speed limit...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Agreed...can't for the life of me figure out why anybody would knowingly exceed the posted speed limit...
[histerical][driving][histerical]

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I mean at that speed why stop, keep going...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
"Officials said due to the Challenger’s unique tail lights, they were able to accurately check its speed with the LIDAR system. "

All the more reason to have gotten the Taxi instead.
@Jimmy N. 👀👀

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wat da hell is rong wit youz peoples? 2 do da speed limit?? Cum on, by ah 4 cylindah fer dat. If sum 1 is screw en witch ya, yous got da resources 2 get away. Speed limit and taxi my ass. Perr chase a guud radar detecter. Mine has saved my ass ah many of times. Sign asys 55, my eyes sea 155. Dat is what da car is fer. 1 of my buds, use 2 bee hea, descided 2 sea top end of his HC. Instead of US 19 hea in Queer Watah. He's frum Redingtun Shures, Fl. He went 2 da Salt Fats. He gots his HC up 2- 210 mph. Beaten a record. Ize got clocked at 140 but do in 145. Dat waz on a divided hgw 8 lanes. You critters kno how fast youz can get a HC 2 140?? 2nd and 3rd gear is it. My god, wait till da 4 bangers cum out and by 1.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
:unsure::censored::whistle:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Stomp it at about 60, count to 2-3 and it is over 100 and climbing. Some folks just don’t realize they are so quick. Hell, surprised he was clocked at only 111mph!

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
111 MPH? Thats like every other car every other minute on every other hiway BFD.....

Ya know what I find really amusing tho is how the speed limit has essentially stayed the same for the last 40 years yet tires have greatly improved, structual integrity of cars has improved, Road design has improved, brakes have improved, materials they use on road has improved, guard rails have improved, ABS, active automatic braking, etc.....

Yet the speed limit still stays the same. When I ran Radar/Laser I never wrote anyone under 95 mph on the hiway considered that was essentially the travel speed smh.

Just for the record its been proven that SPEED does not cause accidents. If that were the case then we would see more accidents in Germany then we see anywhere else and its actually the complete opposite!

Cell phones and Karens who wont move out of the left lane cause they feel righteous and pitch up a tent and camp there while everyone else goes around them is what causes most accidents.

That was one of my pet pieves and I would write ppl all the time for camping in the left lane and when u stop them there like "What did I do wrong" smfh. I use to ask them "How long have u been driving for and how long have u had ur license for?" And after driving for 30 years u dont know that the left lane is the PASSING lane vs. the TRAVEL lane...... smh they ALL got tickets and whined about it to smh. Stupid F-ing bitches!

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Stomp it at about 60, count to 2-3 and it is over 100 and climbing. Some folks just don’t realize they are so quick. Hell, surprised he was clocked at only 111mph!
You are assuming it was a hot rod. All Challengers look a lot the same. It was probably a V6? They will go 111 too…

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
111 MPH? Thats like every other car every other minute on every other hiway BFD.....

Ya know what I find really amusing tho is how the speed limit has essentially stayed the same for the last 40 years yet tires have greatly improved, structual integrity of cars has improved, Road design has improved, brakes have improved, materials they use on road has improved, guard rails have improved, ABS, active automatic braking, etc.....

Yet the speed limit still stays the same. When I ran Radar/Laser I never wrote anyone under 95 mph on the hiway considered that was essentially the travel speed smh.

Just for the record its been proven that SPEED does not cause accidents. If that were the case then we would see more accidents in Germany then we see anywhere else and its actually the complete opposite!

Cell phones and Kerens who wont move out of the left lane cause they feel righteous and pitch up a tent and camp there while everyone else goes around them is what causes most accidents.

That was one of my pet pieves and I would write ppl all the time for camping in the left lane and when u stop them there like "What did I do wrong" smfh. I use to ask them "How long have u been driving for and how long have u had ur license for?" And after driving for 30 years u dont know that the left lane is the PASSING lane vs. the TRAVEL lane...... smh they ALL got tickets and whined about it to smh. Stupid F-ing bitches!
I had someone on 95 that trying to keep me behind them by constantly cutting me off as I tried to go around them on the middle lane last Sunday.

No idea why they were doing what they were doing.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
You are assuming it was a hot rod. All Challengers look a lot the same. It was probably a V6? They will go 111 too…
Ask @Jimmy N.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Cell phones and Kerens who wont move out of the left lane cause they feel righteous and pitch up a tent and camp there while everyone else goes around them is what causes most accidents.

Yep...everything in the name of safety has improved...EXCEPT..the melon heads behind the wheel...they have gotten worse...just my .02

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep...everything in the name of safety has improved...EXCEPT..the melon heads behind the wheel...they have gotten worse...just my .02
Distracted driving (cell phones)...is the biggest culprit in safety issues on todays highways..even though illegal in most states..I don't believe there is much that can be done about it...@ least without some extreme measures..(loss of drivers lic. for ANY offence )...even then offenders will still drive...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Agreed
No reason the national speed limit on the Interstate should be anything under 85