Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Clocked At 111 In Georgia. He Was Being Tried.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I had someone on 95 that trying to keep me behind them by constantly cutting me off as I tried to go around them on the middle lane last Sunday.

No idea why they were doing what they were doing.
Self appointed traffic control officer = one of the worst and most offensive drivers on the road.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Sorry, but I have no idea yet.

The odo still shows the same 13 miles as it did when I picked the V6 up the other day. Spent some quality time pushing buttons yesterday, getting rid of as many nannies and automated features as the system allows. Oh, and removed the one tiny badge on the spoiler, got rid of the shiny pedal covers, and the locking lug nuts.

Hoping to start the painfully boring gear break-in today after having checked fluid levels and such. Five trips to the lake at under 50 mph, with cool down periods in between, and the worst part will be over. Then the regular factory break-in procedure can begin.

In other words, it'll be a while before I know. In the meantime I'll go with the published number of 149, which is still 29 mph faster than my preferred cruising speed.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Sorry, but I have no idea yet.

The odo still shows the same 13 miles as it did when I picked the V6 up the other day. Spent some quality time pushing buttons yesterday, getting rid of as many nannies and automated features as the system allows. Oh, and removed the one tiny badge on the spoiler, got rid of the shiny pedal covers, and the locking lug nuts.

Hoping to start the painfully boring gear break-in today after having checked fluid levels and such. Five trips to the lake at under 50 mph, with cool down periods in between, and the worst part will be over. Then the regular factory break-in procedure can begin.

In other words, it'll be a while before I know. In the meantime I'll go with the published number of 149, which is still 29 mph faster than my preferred cruising speed.
The car limits itself until its broken in.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The car limits itself until its broken in.
It won't have to. I'll limit it even more.

I treat every new car as if I'll keep it forever. Then some lucky soul ends up with a vehicle with 700 to 1,800 miles on it that has been treated better than some treat their better half. Myself included.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I had someone on 95 that trying to keep me behind them by constantly cutting me off as I tried to go around them on the middle lane last Sunday.

No idea why they were doing what they were doing.
That calls for a hard brake check once you get around them. Just remember to hit the gas at the same time as the brake so you have the reserve power ready to accelerate away from them

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
That calls for a hard brake check once you get around them. Just remember to hit the gas at the same time as the brake so you have the reserve power ready to accelerate away from them
I just pulled away from them. It was enough of a shitshow already.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I would feel pretty crappy if such a move resulted in them swerving, then crashing. And possibly taking out innocent cars in the process.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
I would feel pretty crappy if such a move resulted in them swerving, then crashing. And possibly taking out innocent cars in the process.
Just not worth it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ijust hit em.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
I know how to rub you right into the wall. I'll use your car then.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Only 111?

Back when I rode motorcycles I always carried a couple spark plugs in my jacket pocket. If someone screwed with me I'd pull around them and just throw one back on my way by :)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Only 111?

Back when I rode motorcycles I always carried a couple spark plugs in my jacket pocket. If someone screwed with me I'd pull around them and just throw one back on my way by :)
Ah, motorcycles. Yeah, some guy just about took me out when stopped at a light...and he didn't, doing maybe 50.

As soon as the light turned green I gave the Wide Glide all it had, caught up with him and proceeded to kick in the sheet metal, starting with the rear fender and working my way forward.

Dumb, yes. He could've easily taken my out, but my adrenaline level was off the charts after him having been so close to killing me.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I know how to rub you right into the wall. I'll use your car then.
Old past time
We picked up $500 VW Golfs, Honda Civics etc and turned them into bumper cars in this abandoned factory parking lot.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
He said that another Challenger was trying him. I don't know about you Challenger people.
View attachment 109613
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ma...er-was-trying-him/E7QCCXEB2RD3HDFPM6IKS3CEVA/
Ha. I have to say this guy basically is completely ****ed. Racing, speeding, fleeing to evade, providing false information, and DWI... and we're just getting started. If he's got priors, he's probably back in the big house in my opinion.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Oh, and the 111? Holy shit, they'd have been all over my ass. My only excuse would have been "cruise control."

Instead of spark plugs, I carried a few ball bearings when I rode. I found they gave better control and predictability.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
Old past time
We picked up $500 VW Golfs, Honda Civics etc and turned them into bumper cars in this abandoned factory parking lot.
They were $50 back in my day. But they were mainly 50s Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Chevies and Fords.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
We had ritual killings in gravel pits of our $50 (or so) winter cars in Europe...especially if they still ran when the registration expired in the spring.

And if they didn't, it was fun to open both doors (yes, they were mostly multi-door cars) and then run into them with the Jeeps. Sometimes we had two at a time and could easily climb over them. Well, much easier than with a single and narrow car.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I rode wit a club, so we were in #s. Partner carried a duble barral sayed offster 12 guage. It wurked.