Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger ACR coming?

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
In other news to upset the road course oriented, the 10 spd ZL1 1LE beat the 6 spd manual around VIR by .7 seconds per lap. Uh oh, are manuals truly dead? Now, the only argument left is "But I enjoy rowing my own gears". :)

Just ribbing you guys. I was one of you, but I've learned that lesson. Automatics aren't just faster in drag racing anymore. It's all about the trans calibration. Once it's right, look out.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
In other news to upset the road course oriented, the 10 spd ZL1 1LE beat the 6 spd manual around VIR by .7 seconds per lap. Uh oh, are manuals truly dead? Now, the only argument left is "But I enjoy rowing my own gears". :)

Just ribbing you guys. I was one of you, but I've learned that lesson. Automatics aren't just faster in drag racing anymore. It's all about the trans calibration. Once it's right, look out.
Sorry to say it, but that's true. And I am an M6. My nephew has a '17 Camaro SS with a totally stock setup and the new LT motor(450hp?crank) with auto. He ran my other nephews Pro Charged LS6 vette 6 spd(+600hp?crank) and destroyed him the first 1/2 of the race. Until the vette got some breathing room and eventually passed him. On a normal light to light that vette woulda lost, bad.
I personally was in that Camaro. It's an animal. It's hard to believe it's just naturally asperated and no work. I'm seriously considering going back to being lifelong Chevy guy. (I know Booooo. Lol.)
New auto's are definitely on point.

Last edited:

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
ZL1 1LE FINALLY has a goddamn 10spd option?

....there isn't enough cuss words in my vocabulary for this twatwafflery.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
They need to Daytona the shit out of the car. Cone off the front and put on the massive wing.