Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow did I just convince myself to buy an Electric CAR😳

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #81
I was so pissed yesterday seeing the Bull Shit charging crap I installed a new 240 plug to make the charging faster. A 120v plug in would take probably 5. Plus days if not more to charge at low levels. I truly was like WTF I have but no option to put in a bigger plug to be able to drive this vehicle being I live in the country. Spent a few hundred bucks and a few hours later and had it up and running and she charged 100% by this morning. They say 240v hook up you get 20 miles per hour charge.
6E0C18FC-D522-4FC4-979C-222B85F4F126.jpeg A2437A70-91EF-4D3F-A0B9-4C83B0F286C4.jpeg 958A56F0-66FE-492F-80E1-41D50F718A0B.jpeg 60E07288-F252-4B43-9587-2BACD6E4E653.jpeg 6D6515EF-1E3D-404F-B008-D07C7B98EB4F.jpeg D94D8DFA-C1E0-4D1D-9D2D-C657F504AA19.jpeg AF7C7DBB-896B-4498-BF97-809F295D2DC7.jpeg 434E3126-6D5E-4D31-97A6-401199537FF4.jpeg

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
That 217 mile range probably depends on your driving habits!

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
Do you all remember the Solyndra fiasco back during Obama/Biden admin? Solyndra solar (active 2005-2011) was heavily supported by gov subsidies (that would be our tax dollars we are forced to pay, as the gov has no money except what it takes from those of us that work). When the subsidies stopped, the company failed. I am sure plenty of in-the-know people got rich in the process. What happens when the tax incentives go away for EVs, and as stated before, and the gov decides to add whatever taxes or fees to electricity? I can still drive the 1969 Charger I've had for 42 years. I rarely see a "classic" hybrid of any age on the road. I will be ripping around in my WBRE as long as I can, which hopefully will be another 40+ years! I'll transition it to alcohol and make it myself if I must. I'll stick with ICE, thanks.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #84
That 217 mile range probably depends on your driving habits!
Yes and since its the performance model it takes away the range by a lot.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Nickle just jumped 64.2%,,,, ooops.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was so pissed yesterday seeing the Bull Shit charging crap I installed a new 240 plug to make the charging faster. A 120v plug in would take probably 5. Plus days if not more to charge at low levels. I truly was like WTF I have but no option to put in a bigger plug to be able to drive this vehicle being I live in the country. Spent a few hundred bucks and a few hours later and had it up and running and she charged 100% by this morning. They say 240v hook up you get 20 miles per hour charge.
View attachment 65932 View attachment 65933 View attachment 65934 View attachment 65935 View attachment 65936 View attachment 65937 View attachment 65938 View attachment 65939
Hey CC, can you do us a favor? Take a full charge and go do a few zero to 60 pulls, and a couple top speed runs, and let us see the range remaining. Maybe throw in an hour or so at 80mph on the highway. I am really curious what your range would be. I can get in my WBRE that ia capable of mid-10s in the 1/4, 195mph (not topped out, just out of road) among other things like road course for a weekend, and drive 250+ miles at 80+ mph and get 18-19mpg. I will admit I use about 8 gallons of premium per 20 min HPDE session with speeds up to 160mph, but I can drive to the station and fill up and be back in 20 min, ready for another session. And yes, most folks don't need or care about that capability. Better yet, find a road course that has HPDE events and drive it one of those for a real measure of capability. I have driven this car 12 hours a day at 80+ mph, and a trip or two at 95mph+ - for 12 hours, and it still takes about 10 min to top off and be back on the road. Just wondering the true capability of your "Mustang". Thanks.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
😂😂😂😂😂
Wow incredible and I thought this car was a 270 mile range vehicle😳
View attachment 65931
Love it, bro, now I understand what you have done.

That translates to $0.2972 per mile cost.

Okay. Let’s use a Jeep Grand Cherokee. WITH A V8 ENGINE IN IT. Real life also, no fake news on a Hellcat Forum.

Say conservatively it gets 20 MPG, it legit can get 22-24, but we will be nice to the cobalt crowd, and not offend. At 20 gallons it has a 400 mile range. We paid $3.78 at Costco for 92 octane two days ago.

That translates to $0.189 per mile cost.
The range is nearly double before we need to stop for less than ten minutes to fill up.

I sure hope the entire world has got off of FB, Twit, and listening to all the networks who have been lying for years now and just reads the facts off of auto Forums to make their decisions. We don’t need to talk political at all, they have proven to not be trusted. Period, done, we are moving on. The brain dead people attempting to lead this country sure have it very, very wrong.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nickle just jumped 64.2%,,,, ooops.
Hick you are being extremely insightful and rather observant in this. Nice work, my friend.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hey CC, can you do us a favor? Take a full charge and go do a few zero to 60 pulls, and a couple top speed runs, and let us see the range remaining. Maybe throw in an hour or so at 80mph on the highway. I am really curious what your range would be. I can get in my WBRE that ia capable of mid-10s in the 1/4, 195mph (not topped out, just out of road) among other things like road course for a weekend, and drive 250+ miles at 80+ mph and get 18-19mpg. I will admit I use about 8 gallons of premium per 20 min HPDE session with speeds up to 160mph, but I can drive to the station and fill up and be back in 20 min, ready for another session. And yes, most folks don't need or care about that capability. Better yet, find a road course that has HPDE events and drive it one of those for a real measure of capability. I have driven this car 12 hours a day at 80+ mph, and a trip or two at 95mph+ - for 12 hours, and it still takes about 10 min to top off and be back on the road. Just wondering the true capability of your "Mustang". Thanks.
The great thing to tie everything back to this wonderful Hellcat Forum? My REDEYE CHALLENGER WIDEBODY THAT PAID A GAS GUSHER TAX GETS 20-22 mpg and is as cheap or cheaper than that Grand Cherokee in my example. And again as everyone knows, no shit, a 800 hp car beats the cost to run VS electric!
[ridinghorse][rockon][rockon][rockon][twothumb][twothumb][twothumb][grinking]

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m not done.
This is the most asinine thing I have seen recently.

Ford and PG&E partner on electric F-150 powering homes, grid
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/11/for...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

I will be personally speaking to the ex-CEO of PG&E next month. I’ll be asking him just how good the cannabis is in California now.

Really? It says power your home with your vehicle during the day when power is expensive and charge at night when it is cheap. It does say that. That is entirely backwards! This is yet another example of the value to reading the truth on an automotive Forum!

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=32172

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s called the Duck Curve. You people in Hawaii, you have a Swan you are so wrong!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
@ChargerChallenger when are you selling it?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’m not done.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/11/ford-and-pge-partner-on-electric-f-150-powering-homes-grid.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

I will be personally speaking to the ex-CEO of PG&E next month. I’ll be asking him just how good the cannabis is in California now.

Really? It says power your home with your vehicle during the day when power is expensive and charge at night when it is cheap. It does say that. That is entirely backwards! This is yet another example of the value to reading the truth on an automotive Forum!

I saw the article. Couldn't force myself to read it.
Upside down clown world going on.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I saw the article. Couldn't force myself to read it.
Upside down clown world going on.
Glad cc teed us up to expose that bullshit.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
They are banking on those that buy EVs don't have to go to work? So what is the savings of buying an EV if you don't have a need to drive somewhat regularly? I swear you cannot make up a more ridiculous argument.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
😂😂😂😂😂
Wow incredible and I thought this car was a 270 mile range vehicle😳
View attachment 65931
Don't worry, ChargerChallenger. For many, those 217 miles is more than enough to get to the nearest Starbucks, then a cry closet, then another Starbucks, and back home in time to watch The View.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I’m not done.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/11/ford-and-pge-partner-on-electric-f-150-powering-homes-grid.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Right, so you buy an $100K EV to permanently park it in your driveway. Let alone the math not adding up, when do you get to drive it then? Might as well put it up on blocks and buy a gas truck to get around. :rolleyes:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well, to my eyes, the damn thing is butt ugly (like Pontiac Aztek level ugly) + it's a ferd + EV -- 3 strikes, it's out !!!!

Totally impractical for a long trip like when the wife drives from FL to MI to see her mom. She prefers to drive rather than fly & have to rest a car for a month in MI (MIL no longer drives & has no car). It's a 1200 mile trip that normally takes 2 days (she stops in TN & spends the nite with one of her sisters). With an EV she would need to make at least 5 stops @ 4 - 6 hrs/stop to charge the damn thing up - that would be insane IMO !!

But then, it makes sense as part of the 'grand, green plan) is to limit our mobility !

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Right, so you buy an $100K EV to permanently park it in your driveway. Let alone the math not adding up, when do you get to drive it then? Might as well put it up on blocks and buy a gas truck to get around. :rolleyes:
^^^ EXACTLY !!!

If you want to do something like that, would be smarter to get this:
https://www.tesla.com/solarpanels

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What do the so called leaders of this country expect when every house hold plugs there car in at 6 30 pm?? Lights out for everybody. Over load and then house holds will have to purchase gas for their generators. Round robin for a bunch of ass holds. Come to think about my younger years. I did work on what is called bag houses. They are filtration systems on the coal fired plants. These are monitored by the Federal Gov and have seen some plants choked out do to so much filtrations. The gov sets these emissions rules, so if they declare it dosen't work. Fix the damn thing. Or spend that 3 trillion, plus 1 more the other night that went thru. Build 2 more nuke plants that will be ready in 30 years. I have to start drinking again.