Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow did I just convince myself to buy an Electric CAR😳

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
All I want to add is that if you can indeed use an electric car, you should move.
Move where?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Wow talk about calling another member a Biden Supporter because he buys an Electric vehicle..🙃🙃🙃🙃who by no means supports this ASS HATS administration. You yourself are now part of what you claim me to be which is ridiculous. The Stellantis Group who now owns Dodge, Jeep, Ram the good old American Boys companies so many years ago. Stellantis is going 100 percent Electric which means your a supporter of the Greenies in so many words and now unbeknownst to you a Biden supporter by the way you look at things. For the record FORD is not abandoning ICE like Dodge is so guess you just like to HATE on others and that ain't me which most know and will stand by me more than probably you. And at the end of the day whats the big deal of an electric vehicle I just dont get it. I support new technology by not forced governing by others to tell me how to live my life. Your the Pa man style member more than me....when do I attack others?????????? Oh need to run a new electrical 220 outlet for my Biden Machine as you see it and honesty I don't get off on arguing with forum members and would rather attack the subject at hand than a MEMBER LIKE YOU DO.
"Oh need to run a new electrical 220 outlet for my Biden Machine."

Biden Machine. 😅😂🤣😂😅😂.

Good one CC.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #64
Yeh yeh come on now we have to have some entertainment here in the forum and honestly you guys and gals are a blast. I would not post this if I truly knew as group we are always friends. And @Slipaway16 peace no hate here and I get it 😁

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
Can you post some rev clips of the new whip?

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I miscalculated.

It was only 7% in 27 minutes not 25%. That’s more like a cost of $78 instead of $22 to go from empty to full charge…and over 6 hours waiting time…plus the electricity to charge it comes mostly from fossil fuel. We are never going to provide all the energy we need from water, solar and wind generators.
This is the hidden truth about EV's, they don't recommend charging to 100% or run it below a certain percentage, charging a battery is only 80% efficient of the power to replenish the battery's available power ( 1 KWh in does not equal 1 KWh energy stored in the battery )

The math doesn't add up $5.47 / 7% X 81% = $63.30 / 177 mile range = $0.358 per mile VS fossil fuel in the inefficient ICE motor $4.00 gal / 20 mpg = $0.20 per mile ( it's apparent the greenies don't have a clue about skyence or math Kelly Bundy should be on their payroll )

once they get you hooked on EV's when do they start putting a tax surcharge on miles the vehicle is driven to compensate for the lost revenue from the gas tax ? Go ahead and support the Commie Chinese regime by buying the rare minerals that are sourced from their mines.

Buying an EV car is treasonous

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
CC...I don't care what you drive...what you wear..or what you eat...you will always be da man in my book...(y)(y)(y););)
I think you have had more to drink then Jon tonight and by his texts to me he has had a lot:LOL:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
To somewhere of your choice, where things aren't so congested that you could actually use an electric car.

Not saying that we couldn't, but it would either require getting a few of them to make it possible to get home again (i.e. hop in a different one and hope it'd make it back home, then switch cars again next time going to town), or pull a trailer with a generator.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
"Interesting" thread...

Just as a curious aside...

Residential electric rates (here anyway...) range between .06 and .11/kwh. I'm at ~.09/kwh, and if I interpreted the charger screen correctly a few pages back, it charged .43/kwh.

Food for thought...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
"Interesting" thread...

Just as a curious aside...

Residential electric rates (here anyway...) range between .06 and .11/kwh. I'm at ~.09/kwh, and if I interpreted the charger screen correctly a few pages back, it charged .43/kwh.

Food for thought...
It did. Those “50,000” charging stations the GOVERNMENT is so proudly telling us about and using our money to build will charge us whatever they please and add all kinds of taxes, local fees, interstate and new maintanence surcharges, new tolls, distribution fees, solar and battery maintenance fees, battery recycle surcharge pegged to the usage on your vehicle, which they know, oh and whatever anyone else thinks they want, BECAUSE YOUR HOOKED, THEY DONT WANT US TO HAVE ANY OTHER CHOICE.

Won’t that be fun?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Had my napster, now up till 4 am. This whole thing stinks even worse. It's called government control we do not need. At this point we do have a choice but it is coming down to a forceable offence. They are going to tax us to death or give us no way out. The last time, close but not even, when they made us change over to unleaded gas. We had no choice but to purchase an addedtive. This is way beyond that. They are attempting to enforce a nightly plug in car to a system that is unable to with stand the usage with the 3 trillion $$$ infrastructure. Upgrades to what?? Nothing to hear about any more. $$$ lost in the system again. F-ing ass holes. Maybe good I have an aneurism on my aorta cause I don't know how much more of this shit I can take. $2,000 for gas guzzling tax. F-U bastards. Next they will hit us on our registration. Watch.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #72
Here is my actual purchase video and be sure to watch the first part which explains a lot of why I did this.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
CC you really did it! Oh my enjoy.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Here is my actual purchase video and be sure to watch the first part which explains a lot of why I did this.

I thought you were just test driving it for a day. More and more I learn about these the less I want one and I never wanted one to begin with. There was a story that was posted awhile back comparing gas and electric and it was actually more money to run electric over buying gas plus time wasted waiting on a charge

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #75
I thought you were just test driving it for a day. More and more I learn about these the less I want one and I never wanted one to begin with. There was a story that was posted awhile back comparing gas and electric and it was actually more money to run electric over buying gas plus time wasted waiting on a charge
Yes this is why I want to see the truths first hand and the area I live in is huge Liberal base. I can sell her rather quickly should I come to closure the Smoke and Mirrors continues. But and a huge BUTT all the manufacturers have been choke holed to advance the Electric Revolution which I have for years preached is a huge mistake. And why do these Executives and Board members allow the World governments control their businesses? Meaning the Auto industry has to meet strict emissions guidelines or be fined to the hilt. The change is here and will continue but yeh it’s smoke and mirrors on the actual truths and the reality of the world driving electric vehicles. But don’t tell that in a room of Liberal Greenies cause the place would go up in smoke by the Ass Hats igniting the fires. And can about guarantee the younger brain washed generation years down the road will be setting Ice cars on fire like they did so many years ago to H2 Hummers. We are living in “Interesting Times” more than ever before with foreign interference and influence never seen in modern times.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Soooooo @ChargerChallenger Do you still own a Hellcat? I can't keep up with your vehicle collection!

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #77
Soooooo @ChargerChallenger Do you still own a Hellcat? I can't keep up with your vehicle collection!
No sold all my Hellcats last summer due to the Pandemic Destroying my business and finally had to start shedding vehicles. I purchased the Gold Rush T/A WB Manual last September for a good deal. And now the market is too crazy for me to buy another Hellcat at this time.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Yes this is why I want to see the truths first hand and the area I live in is huge Liberal base. I can sell her rather quickly should I come to closure the Smoke and Mirrors continues. But and a huge BUTT all the manufacturers have been choke holed to advance the Electric Revolution which I have for years preached is a huge mistake. And why do these Executives and Board members allow the World governments control their businesses? Meaning the Auto industry has to meet strict emissions guidelines or be fined to the hilt. The change is here and will continue but yeh it’s smoke and mirrors on the actual truths and the reality of the world driving electric vehicles. But don’t tell that in a room of Liberal Greenies cause the place would go up in smoke by the Ass Hats igniting the fires. And can about guarantee the younger brain washed generation years down the road will be setting Ice cars on fire like they did so many years ago to H2 Hummers. We are living in “Interesting Times” more than ever before with foreign interference and influence never seen in modern times.
Here I was thinking you’d talked yourself out of it, but come to find out you did it for the common good. Your public service is deeply admirable. I’m touched. 😁

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #80
@ChargerChallenger just doing some math. What is the range of the unit @100% charge?
😂😂😂😂😂
Wow incredible and I thought this car was a 270 mile range vehicle😳
4EDB87D8-199D-4002-8C63-CFF67B570C48.jpeg