Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Unlocking the original pcm vs buying unlocked pcm

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #61
On the DTC Codes...it depends on how good you can clean the vehicle system history for warranty.. most chips nowadays log system rewrites...

I had two blown engines back in the initial Diablosport/Westley tuning days.

I had a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

I got it all the system cleaned, that even FCA engineers from Auburn Hills couldn't find a smoking gun....... i was there in person when two powertrain engineers connected CDA..no issues...

BTW at that time i had Chrysler Diagnostic Application software that is used above Star Mobile in Engineering mode. ( I also had that..)

However a District Manager for warranty got me in a closed office and threatened me with.....

We can't tell what you did ...and how you did it .....but we will cover you this last time..but never again. Don't even try....

Now I own a Trackhawk and it's alot harder..but I still can do it.
Wow what was it like when they showed up? I'd be sweating for sure

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
Wow what was it like when they showed up? I'd be sweating for sure
Yes I was... it had never been reported on the boards back then.
Alot of us were on the cutting edge of tuning after FCA engineers at that time said the PCM/TCM couldn't be hacked or reverse engineered. Then came Diablo..and Joe and I with the pre Tazers..then HP tuners..

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I picked up Ron's extra here on the forum about a month ago. I think that's the only way to get them cheaper. Just keep an eye out on the forums and not be in a hurry.
You were on the ball on Ron’s PCM! Bye the time I seen it you already bought it ! Good job ! John

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
You were on the ball on Ron’s PCM! Bye the time I seen it you already bought it ! Good job ! John
you're right, it was pretty quick, happened to see it at the right time in the right circumstances.

Edited because missing a word usually makes a sentence nonsense.

Last edited: