Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trackhawk is dead no more better grab one while you can

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Read this statement and sounds like the Durango has replaced the Trackhawk for the 2021 model year.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles isn't done Hellcating all the things. This week we learned that, in April at the 2020 New York auto show, Dodge will unveil the 2021 Durango SRT Hellcat with all-wheel drive and a 707-horsepower supercharged engine straight from Hell. The three-row people mover will hit dealerships later in 2020 just as the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk rides off into the sun.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...t-2022-hyundai-santa-cruz-the-week-in-reverse

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Sad...but not surprised.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Sad...but not surprised.
I live on Long Island. I see a lot of hellcats, vettes, mustangs, porches, Lambo's etc. But that thing...none

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Aside from money aspect...I feel they should have used Hellcat badge and hood. Not sure that would have overcomed price concerns...so who knows???

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
I had the Trackhawk and one reason I traded up to a Redeye was the lack of esteem with the Jeep. Yes, I could have upbadged, but thats not the same. Trackhawk did not differentiate itself from the rest of the Grand Cherokee family.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
I feel the reason the Trackhawk was never a huge hit was the lack of recognition for the price. I have owned the Grand Cherokee Summits with the Diesel and loved them. I owned the 2006 Jeep SRT and loved it. I wanted the Trackhawk and I am still on the fence but feel it’s just a heck of a lot of money with lousy ass MPG for my driving style. My feelings are the Jeep just doesn’t stand out and or get the recognition like the Challenger and Charger Hellcats do. And we all love the bust loose smoking tire fun 2 wheel rear drive all American original Muscle Car era. Most of us just can’t connect the dots on what we really get out of a station wagon on steroids. And for me its all about the fun factor and smile per mile enjoyment. And I’m not sold on every car you get has to be the most HP to accomplish this exhilarating feeling. I own different cars and trucks and can honesty tell and give feed back on each vehicles uniqueness. And I drove the Trackhawk when she first arrived and loved her and came close to buying one. But the MPG and IMO 98k price and sure get her for 88k just too salty for a JEEP name. In summing it up the sales and market tell the story which overall it dId so so and the real story is the Grand Cherokee will be a all new model for 2021 which drives the reason the HC option is no longer available is my assumption.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I could give two shits about the fuel economy on the Trackhawk. What kills the TH is the price. I love the Jeep, but there simply isn’t a Jeep out there worth $80,000 plus.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
They are quick though for their size as the 4wd system puts the power down. Ran one that did a 10.6 to my M6 10.7 Challenger, we both where running 2.85 pulleys.
C8F02A80-5944-4CE0-97B4-C2EF0CE6E1B9.jpeg

srtdusty

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
They are overpriced for what they are. Heck even the new eco diesel wrangler is pushing over 60K. But I will say the ride and comfort is better than the Challenger or Charger. If we are going on a drive I will grab the TH keys first.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I like the trackhawk ever since seeing one in person. Some guy brought his straight piped and cammed trackhawk to a cars and coffee and drew a crowd. Thing was insane.

But yea, I can see why these don't sell well. Way too expensive for a Jeep and they look like every other Grand Cherokee on the road. You won't know that it has the Hellcat motor unless you're a car person.

Hellcat Durango though...:unsure:

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I like the Jeeps but always felt it was a little pricey. I would imagine you will see them discounted pretty good which would make it more interesting for some who were on the fence.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
So the yellow Brembos aren’t enough of a differentiator? Hehe

I’d like to still own one, maybe pick one up on the used market.
Think the MPG is bad now, wait until it’s converted to e85...

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Wonder what the new Durango HC option will get on MPG. And yeah yeah I know its a HP vehicle so what do you expect lol. But for me I drive 150-200 miles every time I get in a car and watching the gas gauge move isn't exciting. And I will work out of my favorite vehicle for the week and rack up 800-1000 miles in one week. So stopping at the gas station every day gets old lol. And I will be amazed if the Durango doesn't have the exact same issue on sales. I mean we are probably talking a 90K plus Durangoo_O I mean its a Durango no way this is crazy :eek:. And once again the pricing for this type of person will buy a BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi....etc.

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger
Makes sense - 2021 JGC goes to the FCA Giorgio platform that underpins the Guilia and Stelvio while the Durango platform remains unchanged. Also begs the questions as to whether the JGC SRT will remain at all and if so will it be 392 based ????? Not much info out regarding powertrains for the 2021 JGC yet that I could find. Anybody else find any info yet ?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
Makes sense - 2021 JGC goes to the FCA Giorgio platform that underpins the Guilia and Stelvio while the Durango platform remains unchanged. Also begs the questions as to whether the JGC SRT will remain at all and if so will it be 392 based ????? Not much info out regarding powertrains for the 2021 JGC yet that I could find. Anybody else find any info yet ?
This will be a sad day for the Jeep product being turned over to the Italians platforms. The Alfa Romeo product sucks and I came close to buying one and thank god I didn't. My local dealer removed the Alfa product it just don't sell well and the product has the usual "Italian Flare" it has an attitude that's not fixable:rolleyes:

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Based on all the speculation before it was obvious FCA was going to HellCat the Durango, it makes sense. That $88k+ msrp just always stopped me in my tracks. In my pricing world, I could have 2 cars for the price of 1.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Overpriced, boring looks, nothing to really separate from a standard Grand Cherokee. It was a really lazy effort.

Last edited:

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I think I've only seen one TH in my area. One would think there would be a lot more in the northern states that have a lot of snow and longer winters in general, but that's not the case. Pricing was too high to begin with along with it looking like any other GC out there.

Sadly, FCA is doing similar now to the Challenger Hellcats out there. They are all starting to look the same. There's quite a few R/T Scat Packs out right now in my area that look identical to a Hellcat.....hood, wide body etc. If you don't happen to see the emblems on the fenders you'd never know the difference.

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
I got $14K off MSRP on my Trackhawk and still lost $18K on trade-in only 7 months later. Full Spec Trackhawk with 4K miles on it at time of trade. Better than showroom new with full Paint Correction and lifetime ceramic coat. Still made the trade as the TH just didnt do it for me. Something wrong with the fact you can pull a 3.3 0-60 with one finger on the steering wheel. It was very underwhelming to say the least.

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
Durango 6.2 is going to draw the same complaints the TH had ... over priced, underwhelming performer and slow seller.

And from what I have read, the new platform replacing the current model is actually larger, so don’t rule out the possibility of a new V8 model just yet.

It’s defiantly going to be designed around hybrid powertrains, but it’ll easily accommodate a V8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk