Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trackhawk is dead no more better grab one while you can

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
EDIT - And I can't see a Hellcat powered Durango selling any better than the Track Hawk did......
Yep, but just like the TH, FCA will sell every single one they make, eventually. And only FCA knows the exact metrics for a barometer of success.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
If Jeep wants I’m more than happy to do a direct trade for a new Trackhawk. They get a very gently used Hellcat Challenger and I can take a Jeep off their lot. I think that’s a very Christian offer I’m making. [biggrin]

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
If Jeep wants I’m more than happy to do a direct trade for a new Trackhawk. They get a very gently used Hellcat Challenger and I can take a Jeep off their lot. I think that’s a very Christian offer I’m making. [biggrin]
I applaud your sacrifice.
FCA won’t, but I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #64
And add insult to injury for those who want a TH but dont like the financial sacrifice. Even Jeep wouldn’t step up to the plate and offer nice lease deals. Which only reinforces they didn’t have much faith in the product as well.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
This thread may just have cemented the deal. After me getting a Trackhawk, my girlfriend has been wanting to order one, too.

Why do I like it? Because I can drive it when I can't drive the 'Cat. Another huge plus is that it looks (almost) like any other Grand Cherokee. Especially after removing the "Supercharged" and "Trackhawk" badging.
Much like my 'Cat does a decent imitation of a V6 Challenger after losing its badges. I like that.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I don't know if you remember my post from the old forum. I said way back then Dodge should never put a Hellcat motor in a Jeep or anything else. It will ruin the legend and will backfire. Trackhawks....nobody wants them and they built so many Hellcats that it is just a regular car now.
See that's true if you got a regular Hellcat, but me I got a RE. It's a B5 Blue regular body, 1 of 40, so it's special AND it has a little red dot in the emblem that says so. So you're all wrong. It's rare and has special badging. So there. :LOL:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
See that's true if you got a regular Hellcat, but me I got a RE. It's a B5 Blue regular body, 1 of 40, so it's special AND it has a little red dot in the emblem that says so. So you're all wrong. It's rare and has special badging. So there. :LOL:
I got one too :D

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #68
Damn this is the most RECOGNITION of the TH in ages [cheers]

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
So Dodge was late to deliver in ‘15, then saturated the market in ‘16, but continued to make them for another 5 years.
I think the bean counters know more about this stuff than we do, we see some numbers, we see some leftovers, we don’t see the big picture.
The Demon being a limited run is what made it special... that and the performance. But then Dodge makes the RE, and now MOST of the performance and NONE of the shortcomings are a problem, and they sold pretty well for what it is. There is enough margin in them that selling at $50k for a new one isn’t making anyone at FCA cry.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The downside to Hellcat everything is you water down the name then they don't sell and they sit on lots. I love my Hellcat but would I buy a hellcat durango, trackhawk, a hellcat minivan? Nope
Why don't they make more Demons?
Why don't they make a Demon Durango?

In 2015 they didn't make enough Hellcats so they flooded the market in 2016 and they sat there not selling. Why not make 2500 Hellcats a year that's it. They would get top dollar rather the being discounted and would all sell out.
The numbers were already presented as it relates to FCA not giving a damn about the discounts, but it goes back to my original ask of who is it negatively affected by putting the 6.2 in everything? Sounds like you think it’s hurting FCA because of old dealer stock and reduced interest but FCAs behavior would make you think quite the opposite.
According to some, you rub the flagship in their face and the potential customer walks out with an SXT... that would benefit them in the Durango market too.
And it’s just conversation and I only have opinion to go on, so I like seeing other’s points of view.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The numbers were already presented as it relates to FCA not giving a damn about the discounts, but it goes back to my original ask of who is it negatively affected by putting the 6.2 in everything? Sounds like you think it’s hurting FCA because of old dealer stock and reduced interest but FCAs behavior would make you think quite the opposite.
According to some, you rub the flagship in their face and the potential customer walks out with an SXT... that would benefit them in the Durango market too.
And it’s just conversation and I only have opinion to go on, so I like seeing other’s points of view.
Well the trackhawk is gone for a reason. It did not sell like they hoped. It is not like people who are driving Porsche, BMW or Mercedes SUVs are cross shopping the Jeep so what does that say? It says that even Mopar die hards didn't want the Trackhawk. So now they are putting a hellcat motor in a Durango. If at first you don't succeed try try again I guess.

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
Mark, not for nothing, my truck before this was a GL550 as my dd

I also had a charger HC

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Mark, not for nothing, my truck before this was a GL550 as my dad.

I also had a charger HC

Obviously I am generalizing here. You already had a mopar but most people who have never owned a mopar are not jumping ship to be in a Jeep just because it has a Hellcat engine.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Obviously I am generalizing here. You already had a mopar but most people who have never owned a mopar are not jumping ship to be in a Jeep just because it has a Hellcat engine.
In our case, a first time Mopar owner (Redeye) is now about to trade in her '18 Porsche Macan Turbo for a Trackhawk.

Why? She likes the larger cargo capacity, but the main reason is the Hellcat engine.She wouldn't give a Grand Cherokee a second thought if it wasn't for that engine.
Atypical, perhaps, but probably not completely unique, either.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Still ruminating on the wagon of my dreams. E63 S. AWD and only 603 HP, but still 0-60 in 3 seconds flat and the quarter in 11.1 @ 126. And it handles like you wouldn't believe. And only something like 300 or less made each year. Too freaking expensive, alas, for my poor ass, but if the Hellcat had an equally equipped AWD Magnum for sale, I'd be all over that.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Pricing isn’t really reflecting how common these vehicles are now. Dealers are still trying to sell low mileage 15s for mid 40s. Not a bad price for what you get except in the context of the heavy discounts on new ones.
Low mileage 15's in the 40;s...that's a steal...and an affordable muscle car deal for secondary buyers....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Still ruminating on the wagon of my dreams. E63 S. AWD and only 603 HP, but still 0-60 in 3 seconds flat and the quarter in 11.1 @ 126. And it handles like you wouldn't believe. And only something like 300 or less made each year. Too freaking expensive, alas, for my poor ass, but if the Hellcat had an equally equipped AWD Magnum for sale, I'd be all over that.
That E63 S AWD is beyond awesome...not something you want when warrantee is over...

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I can still picture the Top Gear episode where Jeremy was flogging one of those around some airstrip @ night - I've wanted one ever since !

Chevyave

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Allen
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Redeye, 20 Charger Hellcat, 21 DDHC
I had a TH for nine months and traded it for a CTS-V. Why? The only thing that was fun about that SUV was launching it from a dead stop. All other driving dynamics felt weird due to its size, torque steer was present since it has AWD and the build quality was average at best. The CTS-V is actually fun to drive and a better quality vehicle for the same money. Still love the RE and will keep it for the foreseeable future, but don't miss the TH at all.

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
Absolutely agree Chevyave. I traded my TH after 7 months... there was no thrill to the experience outside of the launch.