Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Speedys Horsepower Prediction On The Last Hellcat

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Wow beyond believable I just watched one of the worst reveals ever in my lifetime. Who’s smoking Dope at Dodge and what a disgrace. Guess Joe Biden has convinced the lead team to hire Hunter for his pipe dream ideas and sales. I couldn’t even watch the whole event. Preston the Donut man should have been the announcer😁

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
@DodgeCares

It's bad enough that we can't order the vehicle like we want (Clearing out inventory anybody???), but only producing 600 units of the Final Edition??? Stupid....

EDIT: I forgot the obligatory angry emoji:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
You’re forgetting the part about how they’ve been reading the blogs and they’re listening to us. 🤔

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Nothing like alienating your die hard customer base. I would love to get a factory built monster, but not into biding war over ADM cash is king. If that’s the case I guess I’ll pass on the car under cash is king car cover with the crown. I guess I will ride off into the sunset and be happy with My RE and old Mopars that started this whole Muscle car legacy. I will probably go with flex tune or two mode Race gas/ 93 pump, Make the power I want and be happy. Would love to see them fire up Conner ave plant again with a special Viper. I wonder if they could pull off slamming a cat engine under the hood with mild mods to hood with out destroying the look or aerodynamics.

Hmmmm. Cat headed viper emblem with venom dripping off couple of fangs is interesting thought. Nice to fantasize. Can’t imagine what it must be like to be an engineer knowing you could pull off building something even better, but cooperate puts a chastity belt and shackles on the whole deal. Starting get really disappointed they got their hands on Dodge while Chevy has the desire to continue on with beefy Ice V8 power still planned

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Wow was that lame. CSUV Hornet (AMC ripoff name too). I thought they had a video on the 7 cars coming with dates and production numbers. Guess not.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I wonder if they could pull off slamming a cat engine under the hood with mild mods to hood with out destroying the look or aerodynamics.
One of the Dodge-sponsored builder shootout did just that in Roadkill Nights last weekend! I forget what year Viper it was, but I recall there were no hood mod's, and from the photos and video I saw, the Redeye crate fit great and looked right at home in there. The videos should still be on Dodge You Tube and/or on the Dodge Garage site.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Wow was that lame. CSUV Hornet (AMC ripoff name too). I thought they had a video on the 7 cars coming with dates and production numbers. Guess not.
This was predicted with the bug spray on the garage door that it would be only on the Hornet. Tonight will be the future electric

Each car that was covered had a date on it when you will find out

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Yeah no thanks. I don't need the frustration. Be glad you have one already boys (and girl).

Only big difference between 2015 and new models is the Uconnect and for about $1400 you can swap the new one in. That's what I'm gonna do.
I just did this with my 2015 RAM - so much cheaper than a new truck. :)

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
@DodgeCares

If the 600ct (2 * 300ct) 6.2L production number is correct, tell Tim that he's screwing up... :mad:
These are the special trims
Like the Coronet or whatever name they decide to make

Think all the final Vipers they made. You could still order a regular Viper

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
As George W Bush said, elections have consequences.

Obama got it and jacked up CAFE standards. We have now arrived to when they go into effect.
Dodge has to play ball or go out of business.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #310
As George W Bush said, elections have consequences.

Obama got it and jacked up CAFE standards. We have now arrived to when they go into effect.
Dodge has to play ball or go out of business.
Or play ball and go out of business.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
They should make the owners of this unobtanium 7th model sign a contract stating they'll take it to two track events in the first 12 months of ownership. Not sure how all that would get enforced, but would be nice if they could.
EXACTLY.......I took my Demon to 16 different tracks in 13 different states the FIRST year and layed down passes. I sure hope I can get that 7th car being revealed at SEMA. I would love to do a repeat............Got my pen ready.

ALSO. I thought the engine plant stopped producing supercharge HEMI's etc. So they do know how many cars can be built because the Engines are sitting in a warehouse somewhere. I am just guessing. But that would be an absolute limint on what can be built.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Or play ball and go out of business.
Hindsight 20/20 here but
Give the Viper and automatic and roadster option. Or share the drop top auto with Chrysler.
Build a hybrid Dart or something fun like this Hornet is supposed to be for the 20 somethings.
Should have offered performance packages for the Hellcat on day 1 of release.
Build an EV to offset tax credits of the Hellcat.

ZL1 will live into 2024.
Ford bringing a new Mustang
I think the GT500 gets another year too.

The Hellcat saved the brand, lets kill the Hellcat

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #313
Hindsight 20/20 here but
Give the Viper and automatic and roadster option. Or share the drop top auto with Chrysler.
Build a hybrid Dart or something fun like this Hornet is supposed to be for the 20 somethings.

ZL1 will live into 2024.

There's something else going on here that none of us can see.

Things are looking funny to me even after being a Mopar fan for almost 60 years.

Chrysler lost its way after the early 70's with the ban on performance and emissions. It was because they were essentially broke from trying to compete with Ford and GM. Not seeing the same parallel here?

Stellantis is supposed to be flush with cash.

What's really going on?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
There's something else going on here that none of us can see.

Things are looking funny to me even after being a Mopar fan for almost 60 years.

Chrysler lost its way after the early 70's with the ban on performance and emissions. It was because they were essentially broke from trying to compete with Ford and GM. Not seeing the same parallel here?

Stellantis is supposed to be flush with cash.

What's really going on?
Wokeness

I'm not sure either. I wish I could see the whole math equation on the cafe stuff just to see how fucked they really are.
I love Dodge being a specialized car brand versus trying to be Ford or Chevy and compete across all platforms.

I really have nothing against the Hornet or a hot hatch (I love the Focus and GTI), but this seems out of place. Kind of like they are flat broke and need something to sell.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #315
Wokeness

I'm not sure either. I wish I could see the whole math equation on the cafe stuff just to see how fucked they really are.
I love Dodge being a specialized car brand versus trying to be Ford or Chevy and compete across all platforms.

I really have nothing against the Hornet or a hot hatch (I love the Focus and GTI), but this seems out of place. Kind of like they are flat broke and need something to sell.
I just wonder how many times that the French need to go back home from the US after failing?

It certainly seems like they haven't learned a dsmn thing from the previous tries.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Thanks
I believe the CAFE average is a little different then what gets put on the sticker.
I know part of the equation has to do with weight and/or wheel base as well. So a bigger car has a lower requirement.

Chrysler had the Pacifica. Jeep now has the 4xe stuff.
Dodge could have reinvented the Nitro as a hybrid. Tweak it to run a 12 second 1/4 mile and get 49MPGe.

You can brand that as "muscle" and help with buying those dumb ass carbon credits. I think the government really did their own companies dirty on this one.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
42.1 is interesting.
Ford Lightning is rated at 76MPGe City
Ford Raptor is rated at 18MPG highway

Split between the 2, they can get 47 combined. In 2029, it just needs to be 42.1.

Maybe the Hellcat can live if Ram figures out how to sell enough Ram EV trucks to offset the Hellcat

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Hindsight 20/20 here but

ZL1 will live into 2024.

From my reading, the GT 500 is dead after 2022. Thus the reason for the Heritage edition. Something about not paying for the branding rights to Shelby.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
From my reading, the GT 500 is dead after 2022. Thus the reason for the Heritage edition. Something about not paying for the branding rights to Shelby.
Ive heard it both ways.
Not really a Ford guy so I don't follow their stuff. But if the Mustang is the last V8 car you can buy, I'll be a Ford guy