Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Shift scheduling. Anyone want to share?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
If you are talking about table 44085, "Max Engine Speed" yes, leave that table alone.
The members here never cease to amaze me with their expertise..wealth of knowledge..and willingness to share..and this is so way way beyond my pay grade..(y)(y)

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #22
So do not touch the general table?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #23
My pressures are pretty much in the single digits where you changed yours. Unless if they are not in foot pounds. Your increases would be a lot. Maybe mine are not in foot pounds.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Show us a screenshot. You have to change the unit of measurement to PSI by clicking the green text next to the input field.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #25
to kpa?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #26
For shift pressures the only tables you need to touch are Oncoming Clutch, I did Normal/Perf/Sport/Max. For Normal/Perf I did a basic mild change. Make sure all changes are in PSI!
Anything else could adversely affect your solenoids. So the mild changes for Normal were select all rows from 221lb ft to the maximum and and 15 psi to them all by using the plus icon.

View attachment 59253
Stock is above, mild is below.
View attachment 59255
Do this for all the rest of the tables in Normal/Perf. For Sport/Max I did a very aggressive change. Add 25 PSI from 75-146lb-ft and then 50 PSI from 221lb-ft to maximum.
View attachment 59256
Stock above, aggressive below.
View attachment 59257

With these changes, your trans is going to be shifting like a champion. I have many a log highlighting the crispness of these changes, nice high peaks and correct drops. The trans will shift hard but that is expected.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #27
I see. psi next to the input box. when i touch that i cannot get psi. i will try again.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #28
I found it! Wow, you really upped yours. Because in sport/max when I upped them 50 percent your numbers were still a bit higher!

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Stuff like this isn’t typically done in percent. You add a value to the current data.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #30
So, in aggression patterns 2,3, and 4 my tuner has it at 1500 in the 100 percent tables in the 1-2 shift. Is it because the transmission will never see 100 percent in the 1-2 shift is why this is irrelevant? Maybe because things are happening so fast it only sees around 79.9 percent?

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
So, in aggression patterns 2,3, and 4 my tuner has it at 1500 in the 100 percent tables in the 1-2 shift. Is it because the transmission will never see 100 percent in the 1-2 shift is why this is irrelevant? Maybe because things are happening so fast it only sees around 79.9 percent?
Typically, I don't like asking on public forum what a tuners data is. But to understand the thought process of your tuner we would need more information. Such as what is 79.9 set at and up? Depending on how you have it scaled. But we are getting into a point where your tuner may start to get upset if he knew we were sharing specifics. If it is datalogs and stuff like that it typically is not a big deal. But we will need more info of the tune to try and see what he is trying to accomplish from the tune.
But I doubt you will ever see 100% with accelerator Pedal position. Usually around 91% to 92%

I will say I see it says you are in the process of being tuned. This would be a great time to ask your tuner if you have questions about his tune. Not saying not to play and understand on your own. I think anyone who wants to up performance needs to understand the basics. But asking him is just another resource.

Last edited:

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Following

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Typically, I don't like asking on public forum what a tuners data is. But to understand the thought process of your tuner we would need more information. Such as what is 79.9 set at and up? Depending on how you have it scaled. But we are getting into a point where your tuner may start to get upset if he knew we were sharing specifics. If it is datalogs and stuff like that it typically is not a big deal. But we will need more info of the tune to try and see what he is trying to accomplish from the tune.
But I doubt you will ever see 100% with accelerator Pedal position. Usually around 91% to 92%

I will say I see it says you are in the process of being tuned. This would be a great time to ask your tuner if you have questions about his tune. Not saying not to play and understand on your own. I think anyone who wants to up performance needs to understand the basics. But asking him is just another resource.
100% agree on the client-tuner confidentiality if you are under contract. Once the relationship has concluded though, theres nothing “special sauce” about Mopar tuning. 90% of tuners leave ANN on and just scale injectors. Timing is timing, nothing special there. Little known fact. Since the Demon and RE have come out all pulley based tunes have some sort of lineage to those cars.

btw 1500 = 7k rpm in first gear, wtf…

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
100% agree on the client-tuner confidentiality if you are under contract. Once the relationship has concluded though, theres nothing “special sauce” about Mopar tuning. 90% of tuners leave ANN on and just scale injectors. Timing is timing, nothing special there. Little known fact. Since the Demon and RE have come out all pulley based tunes have some sort of lineage to those cars.

btw 1500 = 7k rpm in first gear, wtf…
Correct! There is so much information out there if one is willing to take the time no need to buy a tune. I think I started in July on my own tune. I have 100s of hours into research and testing. But I enjoy doing it. These cars are capable of a lot. But there is only so much a tune can do before you need to replace parts. We are all using similar programs and tables to accomplish the same things.
Timing is timing. Power Enrichment is Power Enrichment.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Correct! There is so much information out there if one is willing to take the time no need to buy a tune.
:unsure:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Meaning you can tune yourself if you want to spend the time. It seems like @AlleyCat is wanting to start some self tuning. Just as @fumanchu182 and I started doing this year as well. Between this forum and the hp tuners forum there are plenty of people willing to help.
That comment was in reference to @fumanchu182 saying there is no such thing as secret sauce which is true. But then we both agreed one still shouldn't share the details of their paid for tune.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Meaning you can tune yourself if you want to spend the time. It seems like @AlleyCat is wanting to start some self tuning. Just as @fumanchu182 and I started doing this year as well. Between this forum and the hp tuners forum there are plenty of people willing to help.
That comment was in reference to @fumanchu182 saying there is no such thing as secret sauce which is true. But then we both agreed one still shouldn't share the details of their paid for tune.

My response was two fold, one I have thought about it myself, but the idea of blowing up my motor because I patched together a bunch of different concepts from different places is a bit... ...scary.

I was also thinking about the idea of creating a tuning sub-forum?

There are about 3? members here who I am specifically aware of that are doing, at least in part, their own tuning? You, @fumanchu182 and @Speedy!.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My response was two fold, one I have thought about it myself, but the idea of blowing up my motor because I patched together a bunch of different concepts from different places is a bit... ...scary.

I was also thinking about the idea of creating a tuning sub-forum?

There are about 3? members here who I am specifically aware of that are doing, at least in part, their own tuning? You, @fumanchu182 and @Speedy!.
There is another as my car is tuned by @Hpindy. Although nothing much has been done in the tune yet. Just make it safer and raised shift points for now.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
So here’s something else to think about. Ive taken all the Dodge courses from the Tuning School, those courses are created with the help of tuners that many of us have worked with. Anything they have put in the books is on HP Tuners website in the forums.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I won't share stuff from other tuners only the stuff I figured out on my own .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk