Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Picked up the new GT500 today!

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #61
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #62
Yup, let me know. Because so far all I’ve heard in videos is exhaust and no supercharger sound.
My gut instinct tells me the GT won’t have that same Hellcat SC noise and or as loud but will see by this weekend.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
My only other Ford was the supercharged Lightning. It's whine sound was fantastic.

Switching back n forth between the HCC & DSRT, it seems the SC sound overtakes the exhaust in terms of noise. Or the DSRT sounds louder because it's only one noise source. Not battling each other in a sense.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
My gut instinct tells me the GT won’t have that same Hellcat SC noise and or as loud but will see by this weekend.
That's a sweet looking car! Congrats...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
If it’s an Eaton TVS, it won’t be very loud.

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Nope, no whine at all. Very mild when you rev it on idle but can’t hear anything while driving.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #67
I have put close to 400 miles on my new GT500 and weather has slowed down the opportunity to drive her more. And sincerely each time I drive her I learn more and feel it’s still a little early to come to closure on the overall satisfaction and or not so much satisfaction. And for those that personally know me they have heard comments like my new Honda Civic Type R is more fun than the GT500:eek:. And then I drive the GT500 another day and I question that statement I made thinking maybe it’s too early hmmm:unsure:. There is one thing for sure this car is truly and I mean truly a Track car out of the Box. She is raspy and obnoxious on her attitude with the DCT 7 speed which is just a really different auto than I have ever driven. It’s not an automatic but it is and it’s not an manual but it is. The transmission feels like your letting out the Clutch when you are in first gear coming of the brake. The car slowly engages the transmission and then you start moving and or backing up. The car rolls back a little when you let off the brake and start moving just weird. You feel like she is slipping in gear and when you have her in Sport mode she is clunky down shifting and noisy. When accelerating hard she sticks in 2nd gear and will red line which I’m not wanting to do yet but I hit the 6500 RPM. And just so you know the manual states after 100 miles you can run her hard but not at extended periods of time.
The exhaust is loud and not the good old Mopar rumble but the Mustang traditional raspy exhaust and either you love it or hate it.
The Supercharger whine and or noise is not even noticeable to the point if you didn’t know cars and didn’t open the hood you would not know she had one. And keep in mind I have severe hearing loss and wear excellent hearing aids and I hear the Hellcat Supercharger whine all day. The rear end noise is prevalent and feel due to the huge tires and suspension set up since it’s pretty taught this radiates back into the interior. The exhaust noise inside the car is more noticeable then the Hellcats as well being she’s a smaller car. The turning radius is huge meaning it’s a challenge in tight areas and parking her. I have to back up to get her into a parking spot in shopping centers. Those huge front tires and rear tires are felt going down the road as well and this truly radiates the Race Car feel. And the suspension and raspy exhaust really
make you feel you’re driving a track car to the track and your goof racing today. The power is all there as soon as you get into her and she busts loose very easily. The neck snapping like the Hellcats is the same and smile on your face. The back roads are her true calling since she just eats the curves and the power is instantly right there. If you take the traction control off and your not an experienced road racer you will be off the road in a blink of an eye since she just busts loose at high speeds over 60-70. She’s a gas hog and I am amazed how she is at 14mpg and my Hellcats are 18-19 same style driving. The fun factor is more in the sport mode and back roads. The DCT down shifts are noticeable in sport giving her the raspy exhaust notes and when you accelerate she burps after she hits a gear. In slow and or braking the DCT imo is noisy and clunky when down shifts into 3rd 2nd to 1st. It will be interesting to see if other GT500 owners will confess to this which I think most wont. Summing up my 400 miles of highway, traffic and back roads she’s a fun kick in the pants car but so much a race car feel and attitude I need more time to grasp what my final feelings are. And don’t start sharing this with the Mustang club since they will say I am a TROLL:devilish: And for all that know me I have options and have an open mind to try all types of brands and will tell you the way it is.
Oh and here’s my Honda lol
62C1D591-721A-4722-817F-7B5827FAD1CB.jpeg

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Well I didn't hear anything from you in this mini review, that would make me want one! THANKS. LOL

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #69
Well I didn't hear anything from you in this mini review, that would make me want one! THANKS. LOL
The hard core MOPAR guys and gals ain't going to jump to a Mustang and I get it and I am fortunate to be able to own multiple brands.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The hard core MOPAR guys and gals ain't going to jump to a Mustang and I get it and I am fortunate to be able to own multiple brands.
I crawled around a '17 GT PP1 car today. 6 spd, Lightning Blue Metallic, 1 owner, 3k miles, very ,very clean. I need to find out if the base stereo comes with Sirius enabled. I'd find it hard to believe that any car these days would not come with satellite radio....but I guess it can happen.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #71
I crawled around a '17 GT PP1 car today. 6 spd, Lightning Blue Metallic, 1 owner, 3k miles, very ,very clean. I need to find out if the base stereo comes with Sirius enabled. I'd find it hard to believe that any car these days would not come with satellite radio....but I guess it can happen.
I would be amazed if it does not have it but anything is possible as you say.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Congrats, ChargerChallenger! I was traveling on business and missed the original post.

I owned a 2014 GT500 and modded it through Revan Racing. Enjoyed that ride and yours will make it look like a dinosaur.

Beautiful car. Really interested in hearing more as you experience what it is capable of. The video was cool, that skinny ADM sticker was rough to see.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #73
Congrats, ChargerChallenger! I was traveling on business and missed the original post.

I owned a 2014 GT500 and modded it through Revan Racing. Enjoyed that ride and yours will make it look like a dinosaur.

Beautiful car. Really interested in hearing more as you experience what it is capable of. The video was cool, that skinny ADM sticker was rough to see.
Thanks and I did not pay the ADM they are showing LOL.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I am so glad to hear that! No one should pay those things.....ever. Well.....maybe that just me :)

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Did you have it out today on 29 South of Warrenton?

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Yeah you mentioned a few words that to me should not ever be associated with a 100K car. CLUNKY, OBNOXIOUS, and NOISY. Let me ask this. as of this moment.if the dealer called and ask if you would take your money back and return the car, Would you? and go and try something else? To me refinement means a lot. smooth, tight, not clunky. clunky indicates to much clearance or poor design. there is more to performance than just screaming Psycho power.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Happy to hear and thank goodness!

I waited a year after the '13's were unobtainable for me and got the '14 (below) at $1200 under sticker. Then I went and burned a bunch of cash over time modding. You are the man, a nice array of different motoring examples to experience (y)

photo 1.JPG

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #78
Yeah you mentioned a few words that to me should not ever be associated with a 100K car. CLUNKY, OBNOXIOUS, and NOISY. Let me ask this. as of this moment.if the dealer called and ask if you would take your money back and return the car, Would you? and go and try something else? To me refinement means a lot. smooth, tight, not clunky. clunky indicates to much clearance or poor design. there is more to performance than just screaming Psycho power.
Good question and thats a valid view which I talk about all the time to the point even the Hellcats. When I drove around in my SRT Challenger for a year waiting for my Hellcat I felt wow I just picked up a car and never could drive it and had mixed feelings. My SRT was truly a bad ass car bang for the buck and for the most driving conditions was fine. But me like many others have to have the latest greatest and all the media Hype drives this which is why I am being sincere and forth right about cars I buy. And all cars have their quirks its just part of the mechanical make up and mankind. The GT500 is by no means a Hellcat in the comfort and feel but the Hellcat is not a back road track car that will set records and factory that is. Sure a gutted out Challenger modified would probably hang pretty good. But the Mustang is from the Shelby heritage of just all out racing to the max. And the car feels just like that Shelby Heritage a race car and I don't know of a refined race car factory under 100K which I think your into the Ferrari and Lambo etc. But these will not be comfortable cars. And if you look at the Corvettes and Camaro Z28 and ZL1E these are track cars that will be noisy and stiff. I have come close to buying a Camaro Zl1E but I am not excited about the Chevy product and even the Corvette as well. The C8 hmm possible and never know with me if the Mustang doesn't fit the seat of my pants over time hell maybe I will pick up a C8. As far as the clunky and obnoxious and noisy she's a loud factory car and many feel the Hellcats are noisy and the GT is I feel louder and interior too. The obnoxious statement is she's a race set up car and she drives just like she wants to be at the track and dont know how you can go and race a factory set up car like this at the track and be a gentle timid quiet riding car. In fact you get a kit to adjust your camber and caster on the car to be race ready and you have a removable rain tray on the hood that has to be removed. Their is a whole section in the manual supplement of all the steps required before tracking her when you arrive at the track and then when you finish. As far as the trans its a Dual Clutch set up and I have watched the video on how this trans works and can understand the direct mechanical feel. Their is no torque converter which disperses the energy from the trans to the engine and this is one reason the car has high factory RWHP since their is no loss of energy from the motor to trans to the wheels unlike conventional auto that has the torque converter. And I correlate the direct feels of the down shifting for this reason. Summing it up this is what I have said more and more as I drive her she is a Race Car set up to race right out of the box. And sure most of the videos are the 1/4 mile track which she is fast and the lag off the line is from the DCT and you can see this on the videos. But not many personal videos showing how this car can go down back roads and take her to a track and rip up the course. Now I am a huge Mopar fan and always will and the Ford product is my new favorite and didn't grow up Ford but like a change up and the GT500 for me is the biggest change up to date.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #79
Did you have it out today on 29 South of Warrenton?
No did you see a GT500 Magnetic which thats pretty cool. But no I was at the home all day working.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Local Ford dealer contacted me and asked if I were interested in a GT500 as he knew I sold my Demon. He would sell it at MSRP plus 3k. Guess that's a decent deal but frankly I worry the car would sit as did my Demon while my life continued. I think it would be difficult to have that kind of cash sitting collecting dust. Besides.. it's a Ford!