Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Picked up the new GT500 today!

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
I just found out on the GT forum a salesman at the dealership made a video of my car the day it came in.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I found your first accessory.....since I know you're fond of decals :p

insert-crowd-here.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Love the color. I had to settle for Sterling grey in '13 since Magnetic didn't come out until '15

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I just found out on the GT forum a salesman at the dealership made a video of my car the day it came in.
Sets car alarms off! Haha, nice that’s a plus.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Congrats but it was parked in the wrong spot:p
LOL...thanks for the laugh. Good one.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
Not at all what you were getting at, which was pretty funny - but it is literally in the wrong spot.

He moved his Charger out of that spot in the garage to park the Cobra...
What sort of shack is the red white and blue beast in now?

Congrats by the way, good buy.
Thanks Jack and the Charger wont be thrown to the curb lol. She's just fine and she will be inside you'll see once I rearrange my shop. Projects Projects Projects lol you know and funny funny lol.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #47
Here is just a brief summary of the new ride. And today was 30's and that's a no no on these Summer Performance tires. And tomorrow same temps so it wont be until Saturday and Sunday with temps in the 50s I hope to be able to get a better feel for her. One thing I felt last night was the DCT engaging when you let off the brake to accelerate in first gear. And my daughter who is 15 1/2 actually brought up the Manual Clutch Like Feel with this car. And in all the years of owning cars I have never felt this slight clutch like engagement off the line with an Automatic in essence vehicle. And now totally understand the delayed launch in all these drag videos. The car stalls for an instant then just blasts of while that Dual Clutch Engages. Just really different feel and the massive tires on her are felt big time along with the GNARLY Exhaust which I just love. The steering is so in tune to the surface (Camaro got the win on this but not sold yet) since the massive front tires just feel every imperfection in the road. Now keep in mind I drove this car 20 miles and at night very cautiously LOL. And I live out in the country and Deer are a major issue and DAMN DAMN sure enough deer runs across my path and thank god for the GNARLY exhaust that eliminated the story I would not want to share. And for the record I never drive my nice cars at night only Trucks and SUVS to run over the wild and not in your face.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here is just a brief summary of the new ride. And today was 30's and that's a no no on these Summer Performance tires. And tomorrow same temps so it wont be until Saturday and Sunday with temps in the 50s I hope to be able to get a better feel for her. One thing I felt last night was the DCT engaging when you let off the brake to accelerate in first gear. And my daughter who is 15 1/2 actually brought up the Manual Clutch Like Feel with this car. And in all the years of owning cars I have never felt this slight clutch like engagement off the line with an Automatic in essence vehicle. And now totally understand the delayed launch in all these drag videos. The car stalls for an instant then just blasts of while that Dual Clutch Engages. Just really different feel and the massive tires on her are felt big time along with the GNARLY Exhaust which I just love. The steering is so in tune to the surface (Camaro got the win on this but not sold yet) since the massive front tires just feel every imperfection in the road. Now keep in mind I drove this car 20 miles and at night very cautiously LOL. And I live out in the country and Deer are a major issue and DAMN DAMN sure enough deer runs across my path and thank god for the GNARLY exhaust that eliminated the story I would not want to share. And for the record I never drive my nice cars at night only Trucks and SUVS to run over the wild and not in your face.
Hehe, supercharger whine and exhaust barks does get them deer folk skipping Out of your way fast. That should count for enhanced safety rating haha

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ok....so my question is regarding comfort of the Mustang vs. Challenger. I know you have at least two of the newer Stang's, so I figure you have enough sources to truly compare :)
I didn't like the comfort of the Camaro compared to my Challenger. I've only circumstancially started shopping for a Mustang but will be stepping up my efforts soon, so some good first hand info would be great. If you don't mind.....

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Can you hear supercharger whine? If so is it anything like the hellcat?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
Ok....so my question is regarding comfort of the Mustang vs. Challenger. I know you have at least two of the newer Stang's, so I figure you have enough sources to truly compare :)
I didn't like the comfort of the Camaro compared to my Challenger. I've only circumstancially started shopping for a Mustang but will be stepping up my efforts soon, so some good first hand info would be great. If you don't mind.....
The Challenger Comfort will be hard to beat. The higher stance off the ground first off gives easier access in and out to the Challenger. The lounge like seat and roominess in the Challenger is better. But the Mustang truly gives you more of the Sports Car feel and more compact smaller dimensions is obvious when looking across the passenger seat to the outside mirrors. The Mustang also radiates much more exhaust note interior wise which for some may not like this but it is truly race like feel and noise.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52
Can you hear supercharger whine? If so is it anything like the hellcat?
I wish I could answer that but just 21 miles home and babied her all the way and the exhaust interior wise on this car is very loud and border line obnoxious lol. This Weekend I should know and they recommend 100 miles yes 100 miles before you open her up. But not lengthy time high RPM.

BREAKING-IN
Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before operating your vehicle at high speeds or track conditions.
Note: Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
When can I come over for a test drive? Promise to keep it under 100.👍

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Yes I am here as a true Dodge MOPAR Lover confessing to my new FORD GT500 purchase. And to get a GT500 right now is just like the good old days for the initial Hellcat run back in late 2014 and 2015. Good luck finding one without ADM and actually getting your order. I ordered a Iconic Silver Base last September and too date no vin and or build time. And today I purchased a Magnetic Base from a dealer never planning on this to actually work out lol. Just incredible how this all came to be and I wont go into all the details since this is a Dodge Hellcat Forum. But thought I would share since it’s always nice to interact with all the members here. And here’s some pics and yes still have my MOPARS:cool:
View attachment 12923 View attachment 12924 View attachment 12925 View attachment 12926 View attachment 12927 View attachment 12928 View attachment 12929 View attachment 12930 View attachment 12931 View attachment 12932 View attachment 12933 View attachment 12934 View attachment 12935 View attachment 12936 View attachment 12937 View attachment 12938 View attachment 12939 View attachment 12940 View attachment 12941
Beautiful car, congrats!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
You sir, are a bad influence!
This car is freaking beautiful!!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I've got a 2009 who do you pick one now,
Lindax

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
It's nice.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats! Very aggressive lines on exterior. Carbon fiber nice on interior! Quite different vibe than the HCs, but excited to hear the comparisons and contrasts driving it. Have fun!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wish I could answer that but just 21 miles home and babied her all the way and the exhaust interior wise on this car is very loud and border line obnoxious lol. This Weekend I should know and they recommend 100 miles yes 100 miles before you open her up. But not lengthy time high RPM.

BREAKING-IN
Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before operating your vehicle at high speeds or track conditions.
Note: Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in.
Yup, let me know. Because so far all I’ve heard in videos is exhaust and no supercharger sound.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor