Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

*Leaked* Renderings of New 2022 Z06 C8 Corvette

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #61
I am #1 on the local dealers Z06 list. Put my deposit down 6 months ago. I am 6-4 225 and will worry about fitting in the bloody thing when it is sitting in my garage. In the mean time I have 2020 GT 500 to either trade for a TRX or sell out right at MSRP!
You should have no problem... I am 6-3 240 and no problems. My wife's C7 was horrible and I hated driving it as the seats were tight. The C8 GT2 seats are much wider and don't jam my thighs like the C7 did.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
i should burn my car?
You have a light blue one? It must look better in person?

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #63
You have a light blue one? It must look better in person?
I am just messing with you... yeah I do own the blue one. It's actually stunning in person. I was very nervous when my wife chose it but when I saw it for the first time in person I was pleasantly surprised. Not to mention all the attention I get in it. Seriously I have never had so much attention for a car and it's a little different for me. Also the car grows on you in time. I have been driving the hell out of it and can't get enough. Of course it doesn't have the power of the cat but the cat doesn't handle like this thing does which gives it a much different driving experience. I know you are an experienced road coarse driver so I would imagine you would enjoy to give it a spin. Especially when the Z06 comes out.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I do have a soft spot for vettes (nearly totaling one when I was a kid) so I like the new C8. I saw the first one in person yesterday and I could tell what it was from about 1/4 mile away.. Looked real good. White too. Would I like to own one? yes.. Would I own one over a HC? no

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I was in 9th grade the last time I was that light😁
6 2" @ 165# the same as I was when in High school. it can be done. lay off the cheese burgers. LOL

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
6 2" @ 165# the same as I was when in High school. it can be done. lay off the cheese burgers. LOL
I did serious weightlifting and power lifting that’s why I am bigger😁
My best dead lift was 880lbs and use to squat 600lbs and never did the steroids. Thank goodness I didn’t a few of my friends are dead from doing that

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am just messing with you... yeah I do own the blue one. It's actually stunning in person. I was very nervous when my wife chose it but when I saw it for the first time in person I was pleasantly surprised. Not to mention all the attention I get in it. Seriously I have never had so much attention for a car and it's a little different for me. Also the car grows on you in time. I have been driving the hell out of it and can't get enough. Of course it doesn't have the power of the cat but the cat doesn't handle like this thing does which gives it a much different driving experience. I know you are an experienced road coarse driver so I would imagine you would enjoy to give it a spin. Especially when the Z06 comes out.
Depending on how life is treating me, I might buy one. FYI, I had dinner at the home of one of the officers of the local Vette club Saturday night!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I did serious weightlifting and power lifting that’s why I am bigger😁
My best dead lift was 880lbs and use to squat 600lbs and never did the steroids. Thank goodness I didn’t a few of my friends are dead from doing that
The drug route not worth it.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Do you vibrate in strong winds???

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I am #1 on the local dealers Z06 list. Put my deposit down 6 months ago. I am 6-4 225 and will worry about fitting in the bloody thing when it is sitting in my garage. In the mean time I have 2020 GT 500 to either trade for a TRX or sell out right at MSRP!
My friend...6'4"..255...fits in my C8 fine...ya got no problem...

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Only problem will be a possible 2 year wait and paying for the bloody thing!

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
I got to look a 2020 over at the track, and watched it from the grandstands. Looked pretty nice, ran well. The owner told me they were going to up the HP. I like its looks, but it is very low clearance just driving down the road.

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
My GT 500 with the aero furniture has about 4 inches of clearance in the front. At least you can order a front lift option on the C8.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
The stock red eye has about 4.5 inches. The front lift option for the C8 is very cool. You can tell it (somehow) to remember where it is and it will automatically raise up.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The stock red eye has about 4.5 inches. The front lift option for the C8 is very cool. You can tell it (somehow) to remember where it is and it will automatically raise up.
Geolocation Probably, used to be back in the day a gtr could memorize a track or had it pre programmed and could snap off your lap times and where you are on the track.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The older you get the faster the years go by, imo. My theory is that when you're like 10 years old, a year represents 1/10 of your life experience/existence. Now, at 68, a year is only 1/68. Just accelerating toward those pearly gates (or the burning sulfur lake).
@ 68..you realize...the only thing you have that has any real value...is your time left on this earth...Some say I spend my money frivolously...I spent 67 years of my life the same way..(would do it all over again and change nothing)...I now spend my time wisely..and my money with abandon...I can always make more money...I can never get back an hour wasted...just my 02

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Only problem will be a possible 2 year wait and paying for the bloody thing!
I've had my deposit in for about 90 days now...I'm first on my dealers list as well..and so we wait....

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I've had my deposit in for about 90 days now...I'm first on my dealers list as well..and so we wait....
My “adopted” Son (long story but as good as real) has his name #1 at a dealer also. If his is not enough for my track use, and I like it, I may get one also. May be too big a bargain to just borrow his (he is also my track co-pilot when flipping Covid is not happening) and have driving competitions with him. Both of us wake up in the morning and think everything is a contest anyway. I just hope they make a real upgraded model. Some people are saying the electric bug may kill it. I hope not, there is way too much potential for a real threat to all of the other of the worlds’ supercars. Expensive, but, it could be the best bargain on earth.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
I would like to drive one. I think the rolling out onto the pavement to get out of the thing would be a major turn off for me, and what appears to be zero rear visibility. It has it's appeal: But I think I will keep my Cat, it serves all my needs right now. But I would still like to drive one. LOL