Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I think this is what we all wanted! The Hemi V8 lives on!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Have not read any such warranties..(nor do I care to)...but I'd be hard pressed to believe any such warrantees would not be pro rated to some degree..highly unlikely 7/8 years into service anybody will give you a new battery in the result of a failure..
I know the Jeeps are a mild hybrid now if you want a six banger at all and the battery is warranted (spelling?) for 8 yrs. Not sure about being pro rated.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
And then you woke up.
And then u acquired some common sense..... So were at the very beginning of the EV and the new vehicles being released today are already claiming a 500-600 mile range but in 10 years that wont double or triple? That makes me lol literally! Keep drinking the kool-aid bro.....

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Federal law requires all batteries to be fully warranties for 8 years or 100000 miles, last I checked. CA has gone to 10 years and 150k I think (sorry, doing other things right now).

I understand tax bebefit concerns but if the bats are warranties completely for that period then I am far less concerned. Now requiring them to fix within a reasonable time period is the key
My nephew's Model 3 does not have an 8 year warranty so...

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Specifically, what breakthrough(s) are going create this tripling of range in the near future. I’m not aware of any.
Howbout the fact that every car manufacture on planet Earth is working on this technology....... The guy that develops the smallest most effecient battery wins!

Most ppl buying electric cars wont care about how fast they are, they care how long the range is and THAT is what companies are focusing on NOT the power it makes.

BMW is already working on a 600 mile range car now. So u think in 10 years that cant double or better?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Howbout the fact that every car manufacture on planet Earth is working on this technology....... The guy that develops the smallest most effecient battery wins!

Most ppl buying electric cars wont care about how fast they are, they care how long the range is and THAT is what companies are focusing on NOT the power it makes.

BMW is already working on a 600 mile range car now. So u think in 10 years that cant double or better?
Not saying it’s impossible. Just asking for specifics. I’m still not aware of any.

Last edited:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Most people probably don’t care how fast they are but it seems most of the manufacturers go overkill on it. Still trying to understand that. Seems range could be extended by dialing back some of the power. I agree range is very important but the biggest concern for me would be charging. I’m not willing to sit around at a charging station for an hour or two or search the internet to find one. Plus these things aren’t as green as the government wants you to believe. Will this change in 10 years? We’ll, I’d certainly hope engineers would continue to improve them.
Bottom line, I’m not remotely interested until an EV will do everything my ICE vehicles can without any compromises. Maybe then. Maybe.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Most people probably don’t care how fast they are but it seems most of the manufacturers go overkill on it. Still trying to understand that. Seems range could be extended by dialing back some of the power. I agree range is very important but the biggest concern for me would be charging. I’m not willing to sit around at a charging station for an hour or two or search the internet to find one. Plus these things aren’t as green as the government wants you to believe. Will this change in 10 years? We’ll, I’d certainly hope engineers would continue to improve them.
Bottom line, I’m not remotely interested until an EV will do everything my ICE vehicles can without any compromises. Maybe then. Maybe.
Hot rods.jpg

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Ask CC how he made out towing with his brand new F150 EV
If I can remember he turned around & parked it & hooked up the diesel
50 percent charge reduction while towing
I drink a lot so I could have dreamt that

A neighbors friend has a Mach E
He said the battery is already loosing charge & is trading it in before its to late

I m still waiting for the phone companies to make a battery that lasts

I don t think Canada or the US is ready for the EV revolution
Its going to cost taxpayers trillions
Its coming weather we like it or not

1661000597266.png

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Well poke...guess we knew it was too good to be true...today @ work I was thinkin bout this new offering..the last bash from Dodge...it started to bug me...so I called my salesman I got my HC...and Demon from..@MSRP...and a dollar under MSRP respectively ...he knew nothing about the car..(go figure)..he called me an hour later and said info is sketchy..we are a big SRT dealer...so we may get one...I said...does my MSRP deal apply...he said of course...I said I'll see you tomorrow with my deposit...just write the receipt for the challenger @ MSRP.....just when I thought it was going to be a boring winter...maybe if they get one...I might get lucky...
What Challenger are you ordering?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My nephew's Model 3 does not have an 8 year warranty so...
What year is his? It is required now. See this article at pcmag below, among others.

EV Batteries 101: Degradation, Lifespan, Warranties, and More
www.pcmag.com

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What year is his? It is required now. See this article at pcmag below, among others.

EV Batteries 101: Degradation, Lifespan, Warranties, and More
www.pcmag.com
You should do TV commercials about this and make a killing settling out of court with the auto makers.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
IMG_20220820_144542_985.jpg

MJS73

1000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
And then u acquired some common sense..... So were at the very beginning of the EV and the new vehicles being released today are already claiming a 500-600 mile range but in 10 years that wont double or triple? That makes me lol literally! Keep drinking the kool-aid bro.....
So there haven't been any significant battery advances in decades but all of a sudden we are going to have 1500 mile range batteries out of nowhere and I lack common sense? Why does every BEV sheep start every BEV conversation with "Once they figure out how to..." and then follow with some achievement that defies physics. You say that "they" "are already claiming a 500-600 mile range" First of all, "claims" and real life are not the same thing. Note the words "up to", which means they could get 7 miles and still be accurate in their "claims" (and I've never heard anyone substantiate their statements with "claims", it's usually facts. And "but in 10 years that wont double or triple?" Why would it? The current batteries that we use (AA and AAA) don't last double or triple as long as the AAs and AAAs of ten years ago. Or 20 years ago. Or 30 years ago. And, even though the technology has been paid for the manufacturing process is mainstream, AA and AAA batteries have gotten more expensive, not cheaper. Before you go accusing someone of drinking Kool-Aid I suggest you take a long, hard look at the label on what you're drinking.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
^^^^^^^^^^
He's right you know.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
.. So were at the very beginning of the EV and the new vehicles being released today are already claiming a 500-600 mile range ...
MJS73 beat me to it. It's easy to claim a certain range, but then there's real life.

In theory we could use an EV with a (claimed) range of 350 miles to make a Costco trip. In reality we'd never make it back home, partially due to speed, and also because of having to deal with altitude changes.

So plug it in at Costco then, you say? Well, they don't have any chargers. We could go to the Porsche dealer, which isn't far, plug in there, and go to Costco in a loaner. In theory.

Okay, in real life, too, but it wouldn't be fair to the dealer.

MJS73

1000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
MJS73 beat me to it. It's easy to claim a certain range, but then there's real life.

In theory we could use an EV with a (claimed) range of 350 miles to make a Costco trip. In reality we'd never make it back home, partially due to speed, and also because of having to deal with altitude changes.

So plug it in at Costco then, you say? Well, they don't have any chargers. We could go to the Porsche dealer, which isn't far, plug in there, and go to Costco in a loaner. In theory.

Okay, in real life, too, but it wouldn't be fair to the dealer.
And those chargers aren't free. They have one at the movie theater by my house and it has a credit card slot. Or download their app and pay there.

One thing I hear people say is, well, you can charge it while you see a movie or eat lunch. How many lunches and movies am I supposed to endure? Not to mention there aren't very many movies (at all) that I want to see and I'll be 800 pounds from all the lunches. I guess I could go see a movie while I wait in line for my turn at the charger, but who's going to move my car up in line?, then go to lunch while it charges...oh, wait...I have a Tesla and can only charge it at Tesla chargers. Well, no matter, I park my car on the street so I'll just run a rope-sized extension cord out to the street because no one will mess with it or switch the cord to their car and I'm sure the cord won't get frayed and lay in a puddle so I electrocute some person or animal because I don't want to be reliant on some foreign country for oil when we have none of the elements for battery construction in this country so we'll be totally reliant on foreign countries.

Not one aspect of this "plan" makes any sense to sensible people.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And those chargers aren't free. They have one at the movie theater by my house and it has a credit card slot. Or download their app and pay there.

One thing I hear people say is, well, you can charge it while you see a movie or eat lunch. How many lunches and movies am I supposed to endure? Not to mention there aren't very many movies (at all) that I want to see and I'll be 800 pounds from all the lunches. I guess I could go see a movie while I wait in line for my turn at the charger, but who's going to move my car up in line?, then go to lunch while it charges...oh, wait...I have a Tesla and can only charge it at Tesla chargers. Well, no matter, I park my car on the street so I'll just run a rope-sized extension cord out to the street because no one will mess with it or switch the cord to their car and I'm sure the cord won't get frayed and lay in a puddle so I electrocute some person or animal because I don't want to be reliant on some foreign country for oil when we have none of the elements for battery construction in this country so we'll be totally reliant on foreign countries.

Not one aspect of this "plan" makes any sense to sensible people.
It's not supposed to make sense just like everything else.