Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I think this is what we all wanted! The Hemi V8 lives on!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I mean, an affordable and attractive 1000hp AWD EV Charger wouldn’t be the worst thing… it’s close, but the Challenger would be worse.
hahaha
50 lashes for this inbred!!!!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hahahahaha... awesome!

OP
ACMAVRO

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #23
Well Tim K said it last night. No new Charger/Challenger V8s after 2023:( Better get one or like me, keep what ya got.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well Tim K said it last night. No new Charger/Challenger V8s after 2023:( Better get one or like me, keep what ya got.
I'm ok with what I got...(maybe);)

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
How will it be a disaster? All car manufacturs are going EV. Im betting it will have GOBS of Torque and get crazy good gas mileage and will almost definately make more HP than anything else they have created.They have a net worth of $100 billion. They must be doing something right lol

It will be less than a decade before just about every new vehcile sold will be an EV. I think we have a hard time wraping our heads around that right now but when the infrastructure, battery range and price all come together they will simply out perform any ICE car and anyone will be able to buy a mid to low 8 second car right off the showroom floor for less than a $100k.

The "Muscle car" of today will still be desirable tho....... just wont be anywhere near as fast.

Guys.....Dodge doesn't have the best track record when it comes to good business decisions. Wont surprise me one bit if they try to jump straight to electric. Itll be a disaster but wont surprise me. I just wonder if they'll survive it honestly.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
How will it be a disaster? All car manufacturs are going EV. Im betting it will have GOBS of Torque and get crazy good gas mileage and will almost definately make more HP than anything else they have created.They have a net worth of $100 billion. They must be doing something right lol

It will be less than a decade before just about every new vehcile sold will be an EV. I think we have a hard time wraping our heads around that right now but when the infrastructure, battery range and price all come together they will simply out perform any ICE car and anyone will be able to buy a mid to low 8 second car right off the showroom floor for less than a $100k.

The "Muscle car" of today will still be desirable tho....... just wont be anywhere near as fast.
Yer right about EVs getting crazy good gas mileage. :LOL:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@GNBRETT keep drinking that Kool-Aid. I could care less how fast they are.

E85 was the last renewable energy plan for automobiles and the gubment offered incentives for that up until 2019. Not many new Flex Fuel offerings now I've recently learned. Funny how things stop making sense when our tax dollars aren't thrown at it. That one became a fuel or food problem I guess.

Ford has already announced they'll be making ICE engines for a while and the head of Stellantis said it doesn't make sense either.

When these cars can't be charged the battery start having problems and cost more than the car to replace and we can't figure out how to dispose of the batteries or where all the nickels gonna come from that's when the real story will be told.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

E85 was the last renewable energy plan for automobiles and the gubment offered incentives for that up until 2019. Not many new Flex Fuel offerings now I've recently learned. Funny how things stop making sense when our tax dollars aren't thrown at it. That one became a fuel or food problem I guess.

Ford has already announced they'll be making ICE engines for a while and the head of Stellantis said it doesn't make sense either.

When these cars can't be charged the battery start having problems and cost more than the car to replace and we can't figure out how to dispose of the batteries or where all the nickels gonna come from that's when the real story will be told.
Junkyards in Europe are full of EVs that are worth less than replacing the battery.
Talking about a waste problem.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I mean, an affordable and attractive 1000hp AWD EV Charger wouldn’t be the worst thing…
Did you forget that Chargers used to be attractive? Especially around 1969.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

my Demon is on a battery trickle charger now.
I keep it on there otherwise the battery will
Eventually die and the car won’t start

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You dudes are getting kinda weird

you're-making-menervouswith-all-this-technical-talk.-cushion.gif

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

I was told last week that a Mustang Mach E was loosing 30 to 40 percent of its charge after 7 months

How true that is I don t know
But
He is trading it in ASAP

We already know they can t tow any sort of distance for shit

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I was told last week that a Mustang Mach E was loosing 30 to 40 percent of its charge after 7 months

How true that is I don t know
But
He is trading it in ASAP

We already know they can t tow any sort of distance for shit
I'll let you know how my experience with the mach e's goes, one just went into build stage.

I'm grabbing the mach e's for the tax credit, otherwise imo the infrastructure isn't there yet at all.

The government is paying me $7500 per car and my state is paying an additional $2500 lol, why not pocket that sh*t.

Then I'll sell it to carmax who's paying over msrp on these cars.

Lots of wild sh*t like this going on rn in the car world.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So that's my problem with these EVs. Our tax dollars are going to people who buy them. WTF. I don't blame you for cashing in but damn.

I live close to where a lot of Nissan products are manufactured so friends and neighbors work for them. One of the biggest problems they had with their Nissan Leaf EV was how to convince buyers to buy a new one every 3 years when the battery went flat. Battery tech is getting better, so now 3 years may be 5 or 6, but batteries don't charge forever (yet). We need a few years of hybrid to let the battery tech get to where it needs to be, charging infrastructure, and real renewable electricity to charge them with instead of coal and gas powered power plants.

I've got an RC truck that's lithium ion battery powered. That thing will do a legit 70mph so freaking fast. It's awesome for about 20 minutes until the battery goes flat and take 2 hours to charge back up. I also have to keep the batteries in a special fire proof box with vents to avoid burning the house down, so there's that.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I'm ok with what I got...(maybe);)
Says the guy with a Demon.
Can't believe I was able to recycle that comment. So psyched lol.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
So that's my problem with these EVs. Our tax dollars are going to people who buy them. WTF. I don't blame you for cashing in but damn.

I live close to where a lot of Nissan products are manufactured so friends and neighbors work for them. One of the biggest problems they had with their Nissan Leaf EV was how to convince buyers to buy a new one every 3 years when the battery went flat. Battery tech is getting better, so now 3 years may be 5 or 6, but batteries don't charge forever (yet). We need a few years of hybrid to let the battery tech get to where it needs to be, charging infrastructure, and real renewable electricity to charge them with instead of coal and gas powered power plants.

I've got an RC truck that's lithium ion battery powered. That thing will do a legit 70mph so freaking fast. It's awesome for about 20 minutes until the battery goes flat and take 2 hours to charge back up. I also have to keep the batteries in a special fire proof box with vents to avoid burning the house down, so there's that.
Yeah the tax credits are a no brainer to cash in on.

They are trying to incentivize clean energy even tho creating the batteries isn't very clean.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Did you forget that Chargers used to be attractive? Especially around 1969.
The latest Chargers, and not any of the other LX years prior, are damn fine.
Just cause they named them Chargers doesn’t mean we have to compare them to Chargers of yesteryear. Did you forget about 1978-1983 where Challengers were huge pieces of shit?

Let’s move past the naming conventions and concentrate on top speed and functionality… who wins there again? Oh yeah…

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Let’s move past the naming conventions and concentrate on top speed and functionality… who wins there again? Oh yeah…
Depends of you you define functionality, I suppose.

My Challenger makes me happy just looking at it, and obviously even more so when driving it. That would not be the case with a Charger. Okay, driving one may not be all bad, since then I couldn't see what it looks like.

Top speed? Almost irrelevant for me. So far I've only made it up to about 170 of the theoretical 199 mph, and don't expect to go much faster than that. Which I can blame on the less than straight roads around here.