Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bypass Air Bag Light when removing Seat/Seats

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #21
Second design of the Windshield Washer Bottle level Bypass. 1117191652.jpg

srtdusty

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
srtdusty has been very helpful with feedback and testing these. So, what we discovered is that I am able to fool the Pass side with all resistors. No buckle needed. The car is happy with resistors where the buckle is. So with the Pass only all resistors you will not have an airbag light and you will not have a seat belt light once you buckle the drivers side seat belt. BUT : I have not and probably never will be able to fool the drivers side seat belt. Because there is a difference in what the car wants. For the passenger side the bypass is making the car think there is an unoccupied seat and can be fooled with resistors. For the drivers side the car wants to see a "buckled seat belt". The difference is the drivers side does NOT have an occupancy sensor. A person present in the drivers seat is assumed. Duh! The buckle has a Hall Effect sensor and it cannot be fooled with resistors. As far as I know the Module in the car applies a voltage on the buckle circut and is looking for feedback of some sort. Also polarity on the actual buckle circut does matter. So, another thing that can go wrong.

srtdusty's second set going out (this set should take care of the seat belt light from the drivers side) and one other members set just finished.
View attachment 6761

ok I’ve received the second set and have tested them. Here are the test procedures I used. I did take pictures of the dash with each step if someone really needs them.
step 1. started the car with all factory “setting”. drivers seatbelt fastened = no lights
step 2 Unplugged the yellow connector from both seats, started the car and the airbag/seatbelt lights with service airbag system message.
step 3. Plugged drivers seat factory connector back in with passenger seat bypass harness connected = no airbag light with seatbelt light on. Fastened drivers seatbelt and seatbelt light went out.
step 4. Unplugged factory drivers seat and plugged in bypass harness with the supplied buckle out = no airbag light. Seatbelt light on.
step 5. inserted the supplied buckle and the seatbelt light went out.
step 6. Removed bypass harness’ and reconnected the factory connectors started the car with seatbelt fastened = all lights went out

AKCharger

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Wasilla
State
AK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2007 Dodge Charger
I took the info that Pete posted in the other forum and info I learned from members buying full on Hellcat Harnesses for me to cut apart and learn from, and now I can now make bypass harnesses for 2015 - 2019 both Pass and Drivers side. I am now making them with all resistors. No seat belt buckle needed anymore. So, they are cheaper to build and more compact. I also make the Windshield Washer Bottle level foolers if someone wants one of those. All this does is make the AirBag light in the dash go out. So, if you are like me and do not like warning lights on. The main reason I got involved in this is because you may not pass Tech at some tracks with your AirBag light on and my Friends and Forum Members were asking me to make them. My local track, Irwindale, will not let you race with the AirBag light on.

I also will help ANYONE with the info needed if you want to make your own. Keep in mind, you need to buy an OEM harness to cut apart (Pete was right, it's much cheaper than the repair kit) , resistors, heat shrink, tape, solder etc.... View attachment 6167 View attachment 6168
I’m doing a 07 Charger RT Hellcat build. I have the entire 2019 Hellcat car with the exception of the body of the charger lol. I have the entire drive terrain and body/engine wire harness. My 07 does not have curtain or seat airbags and am looking for a way to not have airbag light on. I know I need a resistor to complete the system and trick it into thinking that it’s there. Can you give me the information needed to build the plugs as you have done. I appreciate it thanks.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #24
I’m doing a 07 Charger RT Hellcat build. I have the entire 2019 Hellcat car with the exception of the body of the charger lol. I have the entire drive terrain and body/engine wire harness. My 07 does not have curtain or seat airbags and am looking for a way to not have airbag light on. I know I need a resistor to complete the system and trick it into thinking that it’s there. Can you give me the information needed to build the plugs as you have done. I appreciate it thanks.
PM sent.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #25
I typically have harnesses made and ready to go for 2015 to 2020 Challenger & Charger Passenger and Drivers side. These should also fit Chrysler 300. I do special orders and have made them for a 2008 Challenger and a 2013 Charger. I also resently made one for a 2014 Jeep SRT8. I also have the Plug to bypass the windshield washer Bottle low level Light ready to go if you need one.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Mine works perfect Ron ! Next is the washer fluid !

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Mine works perfect Ron ! Next is the washer fluid !
I can also attest. Ron's stuff works perfectly. (Except... I lost my heated steering wheel...worth it!. :D)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #28
I can also attest. Ron's stuff works perfectly. (Except... I lost my heated steering wheel...worth it!. :D)
I also can fix that. As much as I would like to, there is no cheap way to do it. I tested out several methods and unfortunately there is no simple and cheap way to do it. The reason is, all the motors in the car use PWM. So you must include the actual module.

I can restore the Heated and Vented OEM Drivers Seat (when removing the Pass seat). This should include the heated Steering Wheel function. That costs $325.

I can restore the operation of the Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Column (when removing the OEM Drivers Seat). That cost $350.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 challenger 1320
I took the info that Pete posted in the other forum and info I learned from members buying full on Hellcat Harnesses for me to cut apart and learn from, and now I can now make bypass harnesses for 2015 - 2019 both Pass and Drivers side. I am now making them with all resistors. No seat belt buckle needed anymore. So, they are cheaper to build and more compact. I also make the Windshield Washer Bottle level foolers if someone wants one of those. All this does is make the AirBag light in the dash go out. So, if you are like me and do not like warning lights on. The main reason I got involved in this is because you may not pass Tech at some tracks with your AirBag light on and my Friends and Forum Members were asking me to make them. My local track, Irwindale, will not let you race with the AirBag light on.

I also will help ANYONE with the info needed if you want to make your own. Keep in mind, you need to buy an OEM harness to cut apart (Pete was right, it's much cheaper than the repair kit) , resistors, heat shrink, tape, solder etc.... View attachment 6167 View attachment 6168
Would really like to purchase the drivers side air bag/seat belt bypass plug. Or just a pin out so I can build one for myself.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Reedley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger 392

View attachment 6167 View attachment 6168
Do you sell these? I have braum racing seats. I removed my front seatbelts and i have the srs light and front seatbelt light on.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Do you sell these? I have braum racing seats. I removed my front seatbelts and i have the srs light and front seatbelt light on.
Ron is on a drag racing stint right now but I’m sure he’ll chime in shortly. He still has these to the best of my knowledge. John

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #32
Yes. PM Sent.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Golden Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack 1320
Hello, I have a 2021 Challenger 1320. I wanted to order it with only the driver's seat as is standard for the 1320, but the dealer would not let me, so I spent the extra $1 and added the passenger seat. I removed the passenger seat and seat belts and now my airbag light is always on. Do you have a fix for this? Thank you very much!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hello, I have a 2021 Challenger 1320. I wanted to order it with only the driver's seat as is standard for the 1320, but the dealer would not let me, so I spent the extra $1 and added the passenger seat. I removed the passenger seat and seat belts and now my airbag light is always on. Do you have a fix for this? Thank you very much!
Ron can hook you up!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #35
I resently started making a plug to get rid of the airbag light when you remove the seat belt Retractor/Tensioner at the bottom of the B Pillar. When you disconnect this it will set the airbag malfunction light. I have those, and I have the Plug or Harness for when you remove the Pass seat. Email, call or text or PM on here for details.

Ron Silva
srtdragrcr@gmail.com
(909) 227-1999 RETRACTOR BYPASS 2.jpg 0618211507a.jpg

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Digging up an old thread! I would be interested in getting one to remove my passenger seat if possible?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Digging up an old thread! I would be interested in getting one to remove my passenger seat if possible?
Hmmm....RACECAR:LOL:

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #39
Yes I still make them. PM me on this site for details. Or email or text. srtdragrcr@gmail.com (909)227-1999 Ron Silva.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Conyers
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 charger 392
Right now I am paying $44 plus shipping just for the harness to cut apart. Literally just to get that yellow connector and 8 pins with 4" of wire. I do have a slightly cheaper alternative ordered but do not have them yet or even know if they will work. Surprisingly I looked under the seat of my 2018 Ram and it uses the same connector. Or not surprisingly. So I have those ordered. And I can order $1.49 of resistors and it costs $8 to ship. So, after about 3 go rounds I ordered a bunch all at once.

So the price may change someday. Right now I want $125 shipped USPS Priority mail flat rate small box. $175-$185 with the redundant seat belt buckle, for the drivers side.