Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Barrett-Jackson Demon 170

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I have a buddy who is a GM that said similar.

A new car is long overdue. But they could have built a hybrid Hellcat at the top of the food chain. Even crossed it over with a Trackhawk and TRX.
850hp. Get a Super Stock street/strip version or Hellcat road course/street version.

If the hybrid system can get 40 miles on a charge, I think they could pull off 50-60MPGe rating which would get the car into the safe CAFE range.

Then when sales start to slow, throw E85 at it and make a new D170 thats 1100hp.

The Scats can be replaced with the 510 hurricane. Scat plus could use the hybrid drive train to make 600hp.

I think this would have been a better step instead of jumping in head first into the EV world.

Not to mention, dealers would be fire selling Hellcats right now knowing the supercharged monster will live into 2024 and get way better mileage.
That's why FCA was idiots that lead them to getting bought out. There should of been a modern Hemi designed to replace the 392, make a hybrid option to replicate Redeye power, done. Instead we got 5 Hellephants that you can't find, a Drag Pak you can't drive on the street, a cancelled NA 426 Hemi, and now inline 6 engines that maybe prone to carbon build up since it doesn't have port inject to clean behind the values (Ford did this update on later ecoboost engines)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don’t 100% agree, I know some millionaires that just were in the right places at the right times because they are as dumb as a box of rocks, plus no common sense, they are just freakin lucky! One guy is drunk so often that he doesn’t know what day it is but money just seems to fall into his lap?!
On the other hand I know some extremely intelligent individuals that just can’t catch a break to save their lives! They don’t make bad decisions, they try to do the right things, just nothing works out for them and they will probably struggle with money their entire lives.
Well...you know what they say about the definition of luck...and as with everything there will always be exceptions..by and large..every wealthy person I know worked very hard..and sacrificed to get where they are...and I know more than a few...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I have a buddy who is a GM that said similar.

A new car is long overdue. But they could have built a hybrid Hellcat at the top of the food chain. Even crossed it over with a Trackhawk and TRX.
850hp. Get a Super Stock street/strip version or Hellcat road course/street version.

If the hybrid system can get 40 miles on a charge, I think they could pull off 50-60MPGe rating which would get the car into the safe CAFE range.

Then when sales start to slow, throw E85 at it and make a new D170 thats 1100hp.

The Scats can be replaced with the 510 hurricane. Scat plus could use the hybrid drive train to make 600hp.

I think this would have been a better step instead of jumping in head first into the EV world.

Not to mention, dealers would be fire selling Hellcats right now knowing the supercharged monster will live into 2024 and get way better mileage.
This company is owned by people who live in the Netherlands........

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
This company is owned by people who live in the Netherlands........
Now it is.
This stuff should have been on the drawing board when Sergio was alive and the Demon was launching.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Now it is.
This stuff should have been on the drawing board when Sergio was alive and the Demon was launching.
Wasn't part of the plan....

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Wasn't part of the plan....
Now we get the Banshee and the Hornet as a result

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Now we get the Banshee and the Hornet as a result
We don't...another segment of consumers will...I don't anticipate any offerings from Dodge that will be comparable to the SRT variants we've come to appreciate the past 8 yrs or so....Time to keep what we have...or move on....

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Crazy to think, I can clearly remember back in 2005/2006 when the SRT models first came out, before that I NEVER considered buying a Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth product, but the SRT8 cars just blew me way with the package for the price! Been in one ever since. Don't know what's next, but like others have said their new stuff doesn't get my attention at all. May even be funny to watch them live in the future they are creating for themselves... however I know this forced future is the vision of just a few and a lot of people who love the brand in its current state will be forced along the downward spiral ride.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Crazy to think, I can clearly remember back in 2005/2006 when the SRT models first came out, before that I NEVER considered buying a Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth product, but the SRT8 cars just blew me way with the package for the price! Been in one ever since. Don't know what's next, but like others have said their new stuff doesn't get my attention at all. May even be funny to watch them live in the future they are creating for themselves... however I know this forced future is the vision of just a few and a lot of people who love the brand in its current state will be forced along the downward spiral ride.
You can always get off the downward spiral. The world is offering other choices.

We're no longer the targeted market for their products.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
You can always get off the downward spiral. The world is offering other choices.

We're no longer the targeted market for their products.
Right, but I was talking more about the dealerships and their employees...granted it's tough to feel sorry for them after the way they have been behaving for the past couple years.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Right, but I was talking more about the dealerships and their employees...granted it's tough to feel sorry for them after the way they have been behaving for the past couple years.
Let's just say that Stellantis upper tier people are quietly selling stock and many are leaving or taking a early retirement. Never a good sign.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Let's just say that Stellantis upper tier people are quietly selling stock and many are leaving or taking a early retirement. Never a good sign.
A couple of my sources took early retirement. They hated the new CEO...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
A couple of my sources took early retirement. They hated the new CEO...
Selling stock is never a good thing. Usually means that they have no faith in the company moving forward.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
There was all these people trying to hype up all those sticker pack special edition cars and I know some people probably was foolish enough to spend 50-100k over on them. I know some dealers wanted 250k for the Black Ghost
dealer by me asking 95 grand for a narrow body non red eye jail break edition. crazy

ButterDaGreat?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Selling stock is never a good thing. Usually means that they have no faith in the company moving forward.
Shocker, merger #4 on the horizon in less than 30 years :ROFLMAO:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I enjoyed Mopar muscle back in the 80's, not new but cars that were already built from the muscle car era. I see the same thing going forward, there will be plenty of used late model Dodge cars out there. Just because there will be no new Hemi cars doesn't mean you have to move along. I have no intent of buying anything new

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I enjoyed Mopar muscle back in the 80's, not new but cars there were already built from the muscle car era. I see the same thing going forward, there will be plenty of used late model Dodge cars out there. Just because there will be no new Hemi cars doesn't mean you have to move along. I have no intent of buying anything new
Yeah I agree, another example of history repeating itself. They have made over 80k Hellcats, so many are only used occasionally. These cars will be around for quite some time.