Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Barrett-Jackson Demon 170

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I would argue people fed up. Hendrick dropped 1.65 million in Vegas for the first Hellcat. Doesn't matter about the venue and not even Hendrick wanted to go out with a bang with Dodge to drop a million. This is a prime example of you piss off customers, they not dropping the money.

Plenty of 2023 cars are sitting now because people are over the paying the markup on Dodge vehicles. And even that Charger King Daytona "1 of 300 limited edition" that went up next couldn't even get 30k over sticker at Barrett-Jackson when Redeye's now can't be had from most dealers unless you fork over 30k

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I would argue people fed up. Hendrick dropped 1.65 million in Vegas for the first Hellcat. Doesn't matter about the venue and not even Hendrick wanted to go out with a bang with Dodge to drop a million. This is a prime example of you piss off customers, they not dropping the money.

Plenty of 2023 cars are sitting now because people are over the paying the markup on Dodge vehicles. And even that Charger King Daytona "1 of 300 limited edition" that went up next couldn't even get 30k over sticker at Barrett-Jackson when Redeye's now can't be had from most dealers unless you fork over 30k
Who wants a sticker car that has a crazy price on it? Or one that the msrp has gone up $20K+ and the adm bump of $20-$40k? All this plus the woke agenda.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Kind of sad that I was rooting for the Demon 170 to flop, but this is all so out of hand I have to admit it was a little satisfying to see it not bring outrageous money.

I think the lower price is a combination of things, overall auction saturation, not the best venue and poor timing, crowd did not seem large in Las Vegas probably due to the time of year, and let's face it the economy is not supporting crazy spending right now, however people with very large fortunes are pretty much immune to ups and downs like the rest of us, and lastly maybe people are just sick of this stuff? However it was for charity and no doubt a great cause, and to see $700k raised is great for them.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

My loyalty to FCA is gone. If I stumble on a D170 at sticker or just over, I may buy it. But I'm not chasing these cars anymore.
They are going back to their Sebring/Avenger/Stratus etc lineup. Have fun with that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My loyalty to FCA is gone. If I stumble on a D170 at sticker or just over, I may buy it. But I'm not chasing these cars anymore.
They are going back to their Sebring/Avenger/Stratus etc lineup. Have fun with that.
I remember those days. I was selling Chrysler, Plymouth and Jeeps. Only sold minivans and Jeeps. Barely anything else.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Who wants a sticker car that has a crazy price on it? Or one that the msrp has gone up $20K+ and the adm bump of $20-$40k? All this plus the woke agenda.
There was all these people trying to hype up all those sticker pack special edition cars and I know some people probably was foolish enough to spend 50-100k over on them. I know some dealers wanted 250k for the Black Ghost

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Just wait till this fall when you see the 4 door Challenger... One of my sources finally confirmed its going to happen

CPRHDSRT

Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fork
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 HC Challenger

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
DODGE building cars no one wants sice 2024

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
DODGE building cars no one wants sice 2024
It's really going to be interesting to see just how well their future offerings will be received...Our segment is history to them...who knows...we just may not be as important to their viability as we think...time will tell I guess...I'm not ready to make any predictions that's for sure...:unsure:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Where were they before the Gen 3 Hemi that'll tell you all you need to know.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Just wait till this fall when you see the 4 door Challenger... One of my sources finally confirmed its going to happen
Just wait for the 2 door Charger. Then the world will certainly be more confused.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Where were they before the Gen 3 Hemi that'll tell you all you need to know.
Maybe....but times are changing...

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
DODGE building cars no one wants since 2024
How else was they going to stop people from stealing their cars?

Just wait for the 2 door Charger. Then the world will certainly be more confused.
I think they were already confused with the "Fratzonic (speaker in a metal tube) chambered exhaust..."

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Everything old is new again but will be improved with 2 additional doors:geek:

1687944540378.png

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I have a buddy who is a GM that said similar.

A new car is long overdue. But they could have built a hybrid Hellcat at the top of the food chain. Even crossed it over with a Trackhawk and TRX.
850hp. Get a Super Stock street/strip version or Hellcat road course/street version.

If the hybrid system can get 40 miles on a charge, I think they could pull off 50-60MPGe rating which would get the car into the safe CAFE range.

Then when sales start to slow, throw E85 at it and make a new D170 thats 1100hp.

The Scats can be replaced with the 510 hurricane. Scat plus could use the hybrid drive train to make 600hp.

I think this would have been a better step instead of jumping in head first into the EV world.

Not to mention, dealers would be fire selling Hellcats right now knowing the supercharged monster will live into 2024 and get way better mileage.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have a buddy who is a GM that said similar.

A new car is long overdue. But they could have built a hybrid Hellcat at the top of the food chain. Even crossed it over with a Trackhawk and TRX.
850hp. Get a Super Stock street/strip version or Hellcat road course/street version.

If the hybrid system can get 40 miles on a charge, I think they could pull off 50-60MPGe rating which would get the car into the safe CAFE range.

Then when sales start to slow, throw E85 at it and make a new D170 thats 1100hp.

The Scats can be replaced with the 510 hurricane. Scat plus could use the hybrid drive train to make 600hp.

I think this would have been a better step instead of jumping in head first into the EV world.

Not to mention, dealers would be fire selling Hellcats right now knowing the supercharged monster will live into 2024 and get way better mileage.
Woke fucks don't think like that. They have a mission and truly believe that it will be accepted by all by forcing it down their throats.

I'm waiting for the gubberment bailout coming soon to rescue these retards.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Meanwhile the Germans tell Dodge "hold my beer"

2024 S63 Twin Turbo V8 HYBRID, 791 HP with 31 mpg highway

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Meanwhile the Germans tell Dodge "hold my beer"

2024 S63 Twin Turbo V8 HYBRID, 791 HP with 31 mpg highway
Dodge was supposed to build this and never did.

Last edited:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States