Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Barrett-Jackson Demon 170

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yeah I agree, another example of history repeating itself. They have made over 80k Hellcats, so many are only used occasionally. These cars will be around for quite some time.
And scat packs and R/Ts. I could add more of those in the future also. Our R/T is a nice year around driver that runs 12s and can get 29 mpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Shocker, merger #4 on the horizon in less than 30 years :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I agree, another example of history repeating itself. They have made over 80k Hellcats, so many are only used occasionally. These cars will be around for quite some time.
And that's a VERY good thing...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And scat packs and R/Ts. I could add more of those in the future also. Our R/T is a nice year around driver that runs 12s and can get 29 mpg
Couldn't do that back in the day...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Couldn't do that back in the day...
I remember Hot Rod magazine 20 years ago running an article on guys who built cars that could run 12s and get 20MPG
It was quite the achievement

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
They won't be advancing anymore and other manufacturers will be. That's a problem.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
They won't be advancing anymore and other manufacturers will be. That's a problem.
Think of where we are and where we have come. You are correct but how much more power will the factory get out of ICE? All GM and Ford performance cars could be all electric in the next 10 years, I hope not. My 225 hp 87 Mustang ran 9.1 through aftermarket parts. There will still be aftermarket upgrades we can all do to our Hellcats. Running mid 8s wouldnt be hard to do and still drive it everyday just takes money

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
These cars will age and just become old cars eventually. They don't need more power in my opinion, but advancements in launch control, all wheel drive perhaps, stuff like that is now out the window for us. I already drive one 20 year old car, I don't need a second. I'll be looking for something else eventually.

Plus, the Dodge image is gonna go from bad ass brother hood of muscle to man bun my little pony watching pod cast clubs. I don't wanna be associated with that.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Think of where we are and where we have come. You are correct but how much more power will the factory get out of ICE? All GM and Ford performance cars could be all electric in the next 10 years, I hope not. My 225 hp 87 Mustang ran 9.1 through aftermarket parts. There will still be aftermarket upgrades we can all do to our Hellcats. Running mid 8s wouldnt be hard to do and still drive it everyday just takes money
Yeah all the doom and gloom is overblown. We made it through the 80s (older folks the 70s too) just fine relying on 60s HP iron. Now we have it even better relying on the SUPER muscle era of ~2005-2025 (assuming the final ICE TT ZR1 actually gets built) to get us through. I really don't care if I buy another NEW performance car after that. I'm certainly not getting an EV to fill that role, lol.

OP
jroyk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Thread Starter #109
I’m not one of the cool kids (those who race). I’ll be perfectly happy with 700+ hp and a manual transmission for the time I have left.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
No more brand loyalty from me. I finally come back to Mopar after all these years and dedicated my cars to this brand because I loved the whole muscle car vibe.

I no longer feel that from them and I don't see a long-term solution for this position that they have put themselves in.

A boatload of talk and nothing to back it up. This is a self inflicted wound. One that they might not ever recover from.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
D170 is their swan song (and a helluva one at that).

We also have ~100K SuperCharged 707-1025hp cars to sort through from 2024 until u die....

It's the 70s and 80s all over again (but only WAY better inventory)!

Lots of used super HP toys to play with...i think we will be ok....

Personally, I don't need new cars every few years.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Now we get the Banshee and the Hornet as a result
With any possible luck they will loose their ass and sell the company to put it back in a different direction. Hopefully bring it back across the pond to America. Not holding my breath.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’m not one of the cool kids (those who race). I’ll be perfectly happy with 700+ hp and a manual transmission for the time I have left.
700hp...and 3 pedals...@ age 70....what more could you ask for...I'm fine with that as well...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
With any possible luck they will loose their ass and sell the company to put it back in a different direction. Hopefully bring it back across the pond to America. Not holding my breath.
It was rumored awhile back that Tesla was looking at Dodge since they have so many carbon credits but apparently it was just a rumor.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Santa Maria
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
1970 Challenger
Does that auction D170 have a VIN?
Shocked it went that low.
The Demon 170 at Barrett Jackson, Las Vegas was pilot car 500150. CCV-5 2023 Challenger Demon 170 D.jpg