Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bad OEM Supercharger pulley!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Sure looks like fun. I’ve never done road course but looks like a bucket list item for sure.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Some dealers get it, some don’t. The dealers that don’t want to warranty some stuff, look for a add on or slight mod that have nothing what so ever to do with another failed part, then wonder why they have alienated the return customer base. Treat us at least reasonable and we shall return again and again over the years. Word of mouth customer care is almost as important as the the vehicles we buy for our self, wife, kids on a return customer Basis.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Glad to hear your repairs aren’t going to to much of a pain... and glad you had a good time even though it was such a different experience that what you’re used to....

If you have events in Sept - ish... I‘d love to see trade places and see what it’s like to take a turn around your track!

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
OH OH... and the Atom.... Just a vacuum cap came off an unused “nipple” on the intake manifold. All is well..... :)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #45
Glad to hear your repairs aren’t going to to much of a pain... and glad you had a good time even though it was such a different experience that what you’re used to....

If you have events in Sept - ish... I‘d love to see trade places and see what it’s like to take a turn around your track!
Sep 21 is the best bet for you coming north. Performance Driving School, both short/long tracks. That is your best bang for the buck.

OH OH... and the Atom.... Just a vacuum cap came off an unused “nipple” on the intake manifold. All is well..... :)
So much better than your first thought!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
Just got the word, new SC is on the way. Apparently there are not many around. They indicated until like today, none were around. I stepped up to the $237 overnight shipping charge to get the hot rod going before the weekend. That was like the largest "no-brainer" I have agreed to in a while.

Now they need to re-address the leak. They forgot, I told them the coolant chiller circuit had to be active to supply the new coolant mist option to the high speed fans, until we talked a few minutes ago.

I'll go and talk with them probably tomorrow to attempt to understand the sequence of the events that did lead to the problems to report to my fellow RE owners here. I know I smelled and saw coolant under the hood in the session or two before the final session that revealed we had a big problem. I did check all the overflow hoses, they were all dry. Wrongly several of us were simply blaming the pressure cap. I'll admit, I feel like a party to dumb and dumber for not really checking deeper.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Just got the word, new SC is on the way. Apparently there are not many around. They indicated until like today, none were around. I stepped up to the $237 overnight shipping charge to get the hot rod going before the weekend. That was like the largest "no-brainer" I have agreed to in a while.

Now they need to re-address the leak. They forgot, I told them the coolant chiller circuit had to be active to supply the new coolant mist option to the high speed fans, until we talked a few minutes ago.

I'll go and talk with them probably tomorrow to attempt to understand the sequence of the events that did lead to the problems to report to my fellow RE owners here. I know I smelled and saw coolant under the hood in the session or two before the final session that revealed we had a big problem. I did check all the overflow hoses, they were all dry. Wrongly several of us were simply blaming the pressure cap. I'll admit, I feel like a party to dumb and dumber for not really checking deeper.
David sorry you’re having problems hopefully they will get it back up to (warp) speed Soon!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...new coolant mist option to the high speed fans...
The story isn't funny, but I laughed at this...

;)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
David sorry you’re having problems hopefully they will get it back up to (warp) speed Soon!
Thanks, I don't suppose the coolant leak (hope not) requires any special parts, so they can wrap that up. I know the $237 will get the sc here tomorrow. It will be nice to have it for the long weekend, keeping my fingers crossed. I want to hear it howl loud again!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #50
The story isn't funny, but I laughed at this...

;)
Might have been keeping everything cooler, but it makes for a smelly mess! I hate that smell. It may require some industrial cleaning when I get it home.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
Since you guys liked the plain video yesterday, here are three different segments where some traffic was found later in the session. No earth shaking competition here, but some good examples of typical HPDE situations in mixed groups. I was visiting and it was my first day so my rule compliance was 100%. I generally am allowed in the upper group of driving, so the passing zones along with the absolute wave by required may not apply. But here are three different situations. The Porsche waved by within one lap - cool. Damn Hellcat looks quick in this pseudo roll race, huh? The Camaro presented a situation to be aware of! Short straight, he waved me by a bit late, which caused both of us to be aware AND adhere to more advanced rules in that double apex corner. Notice how I stuck to the inner part of the corner very strictly? I did not know the other driver, plus it is a new track for me. Ha, it did make for that great shot in that corner the track photographer took, that I have been posting of the Challenger. The last segment is how not to do it. That Honda driver should have pointed me by miles before. I may have missed his first signal, but I stayed the course until I got the point. Notice the other complication. The guy who got passed on the straight by the Honda. He should have never, ever changed his racing line, and certainly go off road at high speed. At that point, notice we backed way off of that driver, before passing. I just got new software for the videos (Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum). My pinning together these three segments uses about 2% of its power, but it is about all I can do as an old computer user. Enjoy!

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Since you guys liked the plain video yesterday, here are three different segments where some traffic was found later in the session. No earth shaking competition here, but some good examples of typical HPDE situations in mixed groups. I was visiting and it was my first day so my rule compliance was 100%. I generally am allowed in the upper group of driving, so the passing zones along with the absolute wave by required may not apply. But here are three different situations. The Porsche waved by within one lap - cool. Damn Hellcat looks quick in this pseudo roll race, huh? The Camaro presented a situation to be aware of! Short straight, he waved me by a bit late, which caused both of us to be aware AND adhere to more advanced rules in that double apex corner. Notice how I stuck to the inner part of the corner very strictly? I did not know the other driver, plus it is a new track for me. Ha, it did make for that great shot in that corner the track photographer took, that I have been posting of the Challenger. The last segment is how not to do it. That Honda driver should have pointed me by miles before. I may have missed his first signal, but I stayed the course until I got the point. Notice the other complication. The guy who got passed on the straight by the Honda. He should have never, ever changed his racing line, and certainly go off road at high speed. At that point, notice we backed way off of that driver, before passing. I just got new software for the videos (Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum). My pinning together these three segments uses about 2% of its power, but it is about all I can do as an old computer user. Enjoy!

Wow. That Honda would have been given the 'Meatball' flag at my track and been brought in to be 'coached' a bit.

Were you put in the beginner group since this was your first time at that particular track?

Nice video editing!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

That was awesome - way to represent !

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #54
Wow. That Honda would have been given the 'Meatball' flag at my track and been brought in to be 'coached' a bit.

Were you put in the beginner group since this was your first time at that particular track?

Nice video editing!
Thanks, that was the easy editing stuff, but I had to watch YouTube to figure that much out.

Level, who knows? It was the first timers, intermediate I believe. If the car would have made Sunday, there was some good stuff driving around then. I was not going to get real wild on that course anyway, I would have just ate up large amounts of brakes and tires.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #55
Got some pictures of my Mexican builders' messages on the block now. Either Soria built mine, or she is someone's girl friend! But the car now has a new name, I been calling it Freebird, no wonder the thing up chucked!

The blades were turning, but the pulley is definitely fried. What a shame, FCA goes for the entire unit. We have one in bound tomorrow, express delivery.

IMG_1736.JPG

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Take a trip up to Hallett. They are great people there. There was another member with a Charger there Saturday and he was carving it up, he knew the track.
I really would do it if I could. I love road trips, especially with motor sports at the end. Just can't see there being time in the next 2 years even.

vintage this sucks.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Got some pictures of my Mexican builders' messages on the block now. Either Soria built mine, or she is someone's girl friend! But the car now has a new name, I been calling it Freebird, no wonder the thing up chucked!

The blades were turning, but the pulley is definitely fried. What a shame, FCA goes for the entire unit. We have one in bound tomorrow, express delivery.

View attachment 17557
At least they apologized

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Ideal time to put insulating blanket and intake gaskets. I wonder if at least the heat blanket would get the nod @ the service dept, can’t hurt to ask. When life serves lemons make lemonade. Glad they are taking care of you, and I would have done same deal with overnight ship on blower.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #59
Ideal time to put insulating blanket and intake gaskets. I wonder if at least the heat blanket would get the nod @ the service dept, can’t hurt to ask. When life serves lemons make lemonade. Glad they are taking care of you, and I would have done same deal with overnight ship on blower.
Oh it more than crossed my mind. I was feeling them out yesterday. I don't even think I could slip in a black belt (which I own now). What was wild was I visited at about 11:30. The package just arrived. Yes, the tear at the emblem was me, as I confirmed they ordered the correct size. Shot this picture...
IMG_1740.jpg
That dude must have ate wrenches and hose clamps for lunch, and it must have went real well going back together; at 1:38pm, I got a text message my car was done! The spraying coolant in Track Mode is still a mystery, so yours truly will be visiting them this morning. That car and me are going to have a moment or two in Mexico while I confirm it will take my right foot without shitting all over itself. When I asked the Advisor if it was really done, the response in email was: "the supercharger boost came in perfectly, and he said it had the appropriate outrageous power you would expect". Fluid levels were checked, he personally told me he would pressure test the sc coolant circuit. Interesting morning coming up. I brought it in on the 305/35 Toyo R888R's with the black wheels, I bet someone crapped when it probably lit them nearly on fire in a low speed road test to confirm sc function!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Good to hear it's back!!! Have fun this weekend :)