Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2024+ Dodge Charger Daytona "Banshee" - eMuscle and the Future

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
A rose by any other name is still a rose.
Stinks like shit. Looks like shit. Must be shit?

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I’m guessing my mopar days will die with me and my Super Stock! I’m not going electric now or ever in the future, had a Cmax ferd that on a full charge could go 10 miles ! POS !!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
You get in the 7’s off the factory floor on street tires. Then I’ll get interested.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
You get in the 7’s off the factory floor on street tires. Then I’ll get interested.
Nope don’t give a crap about going that fast . Been there done that.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Not me. A fast turd is still a turd.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What I personally find insulting is Dodge's stance that "they made us do this". Well Chevy and Ford don't seem to be having the same problem, so if it's true then why is the EPA, gubment, whomever picking on Dodge?

The more likely story is that there is a truck full of money associated with EV car programs and Dodge is going for a cash grab. Kinda like how they're screwing their customers with this 2023 allocation mess. Dodge also sat back and should have been developing some hybrid tech/vehicles all a long so they didn't have to go bankrupt buying credits from Tesla. Typical Dodge bad business practice.

Further evidence is all the "influencers" they've hired to talk about how great this is on the socials.....I just can't sell out like that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What I personally find insulting is Dodge's stance that "they made us do this". Well Chevy and Ford don't seem to be having the same problem, so if it's true then why is the EPA, gubment, whomever picking on Dodge?

The more likely story is that there is a truck full of money associated with EV car programs and Dodge is going for a cash grab. Kinda like how they're screwing their customers with this 2023 allocation mess. Dodge also sat back and should have been developing some hybrid tech/vehicles all a long so they didn't have to go bankrupt buying credits from Tesla. Typical Dodge bad business practice.

Further evidence is all the "influencers" they've hired to talk about how great this is on the socials.....I just can't sell out like that.
All of this is fake right down to the cars themselves.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

Playing devil’s advocate here, is it possible they blew through their emissions credits too soon?
I agree they have shit all over themselves in some bizarre attempt to stay relevant while cashing in.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not me. A fast turd is still a turd.
meh. 7 seconds will shift organs. I’d pay for something to give me that hit. It would
Never replace the feeling of an engine rumbling, but a fun “toy” nonetheless

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Playing devil’s advocate here, is it possible they blew through their emissions credits too soon?
I agree they have shit all over themselves in some bizarre attempt to stay relevant while cashing in.
Anything's possible. Dodge has always tripped over itself when it could do something awesome.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I don’t understand how converting electricity to power creates air current without an unnecessary fan being involved. Armature turbulence?
I was guessing that they either duct the cooling air from the motor fans or battery fans.

Or they just use a hair dryer :LOL:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I was guessing that they either duct the cooling air from the motor fans or battery fans.

Or they just use a hair dryer :LOL:
Vacuum cleaner motors.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

European ownership. Dodge is not from the USA any longer. Hornets will be built in Naples, Italy.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Anything's possible. Dodge has always tripped over itself when it could do something awesome.
Agreed. They sat out the resurgence of muscle cars in the 80's and left it all to Chevy and Ford. That's why I had many 5.0 Fords over the years after my 'Cuda went away. Dodge had nothing to offer back then.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Vacuum cleaner motors.
I've got a nice Dewalt battery powered leaf blower......that might be a good start for them.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania