Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow was there a song so many years ago “New York New York” not so much any more 😡

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
NYC Traffic Cameras With Mics Are Now Ticketing Noisy Cars
NYC really has decibel meters that can automatically ticket motorists, right now—and there's no telling where this tech is headed next.

A BMW M3 owner was ticketed in New York for violating the city's Noise Code after being recorded and photographed by a new type of traffic camera that can measure the decibel levels near the roadway as a vehicle passes. These new devices can automatically issue a ticket if the car is exceeds noise thresholds. More reports indicate we could expect to see more new "noise cameras" popping up nationwide.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/new-york-traffic-camera-exhaust-noise-muffler-ticket/

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
I used to really enjoy going to NYC even though I don't like big cities. There was just something about New York. I wouldn't visit that shithole now to save my life!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I used to really enjoy going to NYC even though I don't like big cities. There was just something about New York. I wouldn't visit that shithole now to save my life!
Wife and I used to go and see a show, and catch a nice steak dinner at some of the cities great steakhouses. No more for us. I don't need some crazy POS bricking me in the back of my head or trying to throw me onto the subway tracks. Now, if I were permitted to carry in the city it wouldn't be a problem, but our politicians have seen to it only thugs can carry guns. F this place, our departure is just a few years out.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Wife and I used to go and see a show, and catch a nice steak dinner at some of the cities great steakhouses. No more for us. I don't need some crazy POS bricking me in the back of my head or trying to throw me onto the subway tracks. Now, if I were permitted to carry in the city it wouldn't be a problem, but our politicians have seen to it only thugs can carry guns. F this place, our departure is just a few years out.
I didn't know you couldn't carry in that city, makes no sense. I'm sure many do anyway, if it is that bad then like you say you don't go

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I didn't know you couldn't carry in that city, makes no sense. I'm sure many do anyway, if it is that bad then like you say you don't go
NYS permit holders are restricted from concealed carry in the 5 boroughs of NYC.I travel to the Bronx once a quarter to negotiate coffee contracts....drive in in the morning..drive out in the afternoon.and I always carry my..".ahem"..tool kit...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
I've probably been sent in the mail 30 traffic tickets over the years and most were just going through a yellow light. In the fuckin trash they go. I've not pd one!! Guess what if it ain't certified I never got it.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Wait for it, queue the Twitter outrage when someone will undoubtably get nabbed ...

in their Tesla [burnout]