Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who is running a 2.75 on pump gas?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm on a 2.72 Hellraiser, flex fuel E85, dual drop in pumps, ID1000 injectors. Highest injector DC I've seen is 85% in 50 degree air at 6500 rpm. I'm commanding a .81-.82 lambda on E85 as that's important as well.

Last edited:
OP
P

parttimer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
crazyweathertown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
So a 2.75 should be fine with 1050's i'd imagine. I'm further up north than you so I see colder driving temps, but don't winter drive.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
We got a cold front that came through today so I'm gonna get out Saturday and test in 30-40 degree air just to see what the inj DC is there, but what I've found so far is the ethanol content has more of an affect on the inj DC than the weather in my testing between almost 90 F and 50 F.

1050s and a 2.85 with dual pump drop in and I think you're good. Obviously work with your tuner but based on my results it'll be fine.

Mopar gummy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
ESTERO
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger Hellcat
From my understanding, 2.79 is the lowest on pump. I ran the "pump gas killer" Ripa 2.79 on 93 and was good for 16 psi

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think that's old info. I've been running a 2.72 on 93 octane for a while. Recently started playing with flex fuel and it's better no doubt.

Mopar gummy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
ESTERO
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger Hellcat
I think that's old info. I've been running a 2.72 on 93 octane for a while. Recently started playing with flex fuel and it's better no doubt.
As far as the pump gas, it all depends on the level of risk you want to take. I had a conservative AF and conservative tune that made 800rwhp on the 2.79. I also went tapped dual pump with external filter and 1200cc FIC before going e85, but have been able to support 2.5 pulley at over 900rwhp safely.
Can you, and should you are 2 different questions, and ones that are dependent upon goals and level of risk tolerance

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's a 3 year old conversation at this point lol.

Mopar gummy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
ESTERO
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger Hellcat
Sounds good, but I just got to the party lol. Plus, these archives serve as info for new people coming in to research. They often do not start at post 1 of a 3 year convo...

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm just messing with ya :)

Mopar gummy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
ESTERO
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger Hellcat
:LOL:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Curt has the flex tune perfected I'd say. I check my e85 all the time and it is deadly Accurate comparing a manual test to what the data log is saying. My fuel tested last at 88% in the test tube and my log said 87%! Is switches from pump gas tune to corn fuel perfect. Every time I watch the live data on hp tuner from pump to e85 just to be sure before I hammer on it. And going with curt you get world class service.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Amazing how much power can be made with these cars. I am running a stock lower and a 3.17 upper with curts tune and the car rips on pump gas and is very fast on the corn. Have not had it to track but I get 112mph in the 1/8 mile on board timer. I have a lower to install but will have to go to a quick change upper so I can run a 2.75 with corn and 3.17 or close to that on pump. I will not run more than 17lbs on pump. Pump gas can only support so much power. Still have 1050x injectors but they seem to have a lot of room left on the current corn tune. I'd imagine I will run out of pump before injectors.

Mopar gummy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
ESTERO
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger Hellcat
Noice man, I just pullied down to 2.5 e85 only. I have 2 pulley rings (pump gas killer v2 2.79, and 2.69 wildcat v2) they both fit on metco "quick change" hub if youre interested.
The 2.79 had me holding 15psi on a stock lower. The 2.69 only ran twice on the dyno, no idea the psi (17 i think my tuner said)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Not sure what you're asking.
Sorry, just seeing this.
you said that things went south when Shell switched to a winter blend. Ambient temps would have dropped at the same time. How do you know that it was a lower grade fuel that was causing your problems and not the weather? What - in the logs - tells you that the quality of fuel changed that wouldn’t also look like what colder air would do.