Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thoughts on Dodge's 2021 Dragpak?

Will the 2021 Dodge Dragpak go up in value over the next 5 years?

• Yes, big time (100% or more)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, probably 50% or so

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Maybe a bit (0-10%)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No, depreciation will kick in (-25%)

• GTFO and stay away from this money pit! (-50% or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why are you asking me? I have no idea other than "MSRP is right around the corner". ; )

• Total voters

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Thank you. Very good points (a few I was not aware of). The rebuild after 50 runs seems 1960s esque. Ok yeah I need to do more research. My intention would be to race -and- not lose my shirt. Both. Thanks again, this place is awesome!
pretty sure it has aluminum rods.
Don't cheap out on it or you are buying a new motor. Mopar listed is 58k!

You only get some many runs on them and they go away.
It is a race car that requires race car level of attention.

Is it bad ass? Oh yes.
You can build the whole drag pak from Mopar parts book but then use a Hellcat or Hellephant engine if you wanted more of a maintenance free deal.

A good friend of mine races no prep with a Steve Morris big block and F3 procharger. I can't disclose times or hp but he only makes 30 passes before pulling the motor and throwing new rods in.

Its not a cheap endeavor.

As for investment. I don't think its the last ICE Drag Pak. They seem to come out every few years. As long as NHRA/NMCA have factory stock classes and Dodge is still marketing to drag racing, I can see another coming.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Haha. 300 lbs worth of clothes removed. There’s a lot more to that solid axle then initially obvious. There’s no attaching that stuff to the “unibody”. The entire Chromoly roll cage/structure is the new triangulated foundation for that rear end and suspension. From scratch you’re looking at over $40k to do that including the suspension and rolling pieces. That’s if you can contract the necessary shop skills and time at a “reasonable” cost. Good luck
I think you can buy the body in white with cage ready to take the rear end etc for 20k in the Mopar catalog.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Exactly! Dodge suggests in its marketing of these cars that they are ready to go! Maybe go somewhere, but doesn't sound ready to win!
They are ready to go
But its heads up top level drag racing.

Guys will do every little trick in the book to gain an advantage.
I also don't know if F/S has the tear down rule or whatever it is called. But in the Stock classes, if you suspect someone is cheating you can petition for a tear down and then you have to tear down your motor for inspection.

Lots of bull shit and lots of egos.
Dabbled in making a super street (10.90) car but said fuck it.
I'd build one and go chase big money bracket racing. It pays better than NHRA

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well blow me down! 🤯 It’s all there and available to purchase. A basic DragPak roller is $70k. The electronics (Dominator ECU) with all the harnesses and the fuel systems kits combined are another $20k. The race trans/converter/driveshaft is another $20k. So in reality you’re looking at a complete rolling DragPak, minus the engine, for $110k. The aluminum block Hellephant crate is priced at $30k, so a ready to race 426 HellPak would end up being right at $150k. There you go 👊 View attachment 65477 View attachment 65478 View attachment 65479
This really is a killer deal.
You can build an engine for 20k that will get you 1000hp or just order a Hellephant inplace of the 354.

If you are not doing heads up stuff I'd go that route. Hellcrate will last a long time

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This really is a killer deal.
You can build an engine for 20k that will get you 1000hp or just order a Hellephant inplace of the 354.

If you are not doing heads up stuff I'd go that route. Hellcrate will last a long time
The DragPak body with the modifications including the cage and the engine cradle and additional structures built into that is a bargain. That would be impossible to duplicate for that cost. Pick your engine for how fast you want to go. A moderately priced stroker that will run forever without special treatment or attention would lay down 8.50’s in that car. 8.50 index classes are out there with full fields in sanctions like MSHS.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I wonder what a shop would charge to put it all together?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I wonder what a shop would charge to put it all together?
Good question. This kind of project is probably best for somebody who already has some connection or relationship with a capable shop. Parts and pieces assembly like this would go very quickly in the right hands with the skills and tools to do it. Most shops like to have stuff to promote their capabilities. Something like one of these when done right is a attention getter and potentially we’ll worth a shops time from a promotional investment strategy. Of coarse it would also be a great home build project if you have the tools and wrench turning experience to take it on. Looks like fun to me!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Good question. This kind of project is probably best for somebody who already has some connection or relationship with a capable shop. Parts and pieces assembly like this would go very quickly in the right hands with the skills and tools to do it. Most shops like to have stuff to promote their capabilities. Something like one of these when done right is a attention getter and potentially we’ll worth a shops time from a promotional investment strategy. Of coarse it would also be a great home build project if you have the tools and wrench turning experience to take it on. Looks like fun to me!
I'm older so the wrenching part no longer excites me.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Chevrolet has a similar roller available in their performance catalog.
It is all put together and painted though.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Chevrolet has a similar roller available in their performance catalog.
It is all put together and painted though.
Wonder how that would go over with a hemi in it?

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Now that would be a hot rod!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I think they are absolutely super fucking awesome!!! and if you can get one for the MSRP I think it's a lot of race car for the money.

Get as many cool options as you can IMO, never get a chance to get that stuff again probably.