Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The RF Lockout Is Done, What's Next?

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
I put a GPS/RF component in the car that I got from Defcon, neat little piece of hardware. Tells me all sorts of thing in a 20' vicinity of the car like IMSI and MAC identifiers of devices. There are the numerous apple tags in the body. I also plan to do the Tazer stuff once the car is settled tune wise. I realized I don't need to pull the fuel pump relay anymore, I can just disconnect the FC3 power lines and it does the same thing.
I can't confirm, but, I have read reports that BGs can search on their phones for air tags and then find your car.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
In an airplane someone had at least one of them who was traveling near me. After landing my phone was giving me an alert one of those was very near until I departed the baggage area!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I can't confirm, but, I have read reports that BGs can search on their phones for air tags and then find your car.
I’ve heard there is a way to deactivate that feature? Also, I’d really like to know if there’s an app we can use to detect if some scumbag attaches one to our cars in an attempt to follow us home. Any ideas?

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Lojack..... in 25 years of LE we had a 100% location rate once it went off. Sometimes they would get away after a chase but nonetheless whenever it went off we found it!

Remember Lojack is RADIO based not SAT based. It can track ur stolen vehicle in an 18 wheeler or anywhere GPS would not get a signal like under a parking garage for example.

They would steal motorcycles and put them in elevators and bring them up to their apt to strip them. Lojack has hand held devides that track with an accuracy of 10 feet away! We would just go from Apt to Apt till we got a signal. Nothing is better than Lojack.

The only down side is if u get Lojack and enter ur car stolen which is whats required to activate it ur car is now a stolen revovery for life! At least u get ur car back tho.

Lojack use to be a Northeastern thing..... Now its Nationwide! https://lojack.com/lojack-nationwide/

I tell ppl to get a kill switch (two of em), Lojack and a GPS for $15 a month. I would want to find my vehicle myself with GPS cause that way I would not have to enter it into NCIC (National crime computer) and have a stolen recovery. Lojack imo is a LAST resort but u will find ur shit with Lojack 100%!!!!!!!!! Shit has like a 15 year battery life!

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
What else does everyone suggest to further secure our cars?

I have a couple easy things like the club and cable around the steering wheel locked to the seat belt. Plus I back into the parking spot and turn my wheels.

I'm assuming that I no longer need to pull a relay?
I think the fuel pump relay is the easiest way to keep the vehicle from being started and driven away..... Steering wheels can be easily broken or cut to remove the club if they some have basic tools at their disposal. I would lean towards an aftermarket tracking system that doesn't rely on the vehicles power source to operate and simply pulling the fuel pump relay. Its inconvenient but unless they have a tow truck with them your vehicle will still be sitting where you left if with some minor damage.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
I think the fuel pump relay is the easiest way to keep the vehicle from being started and driven away..... Steering wheels can be easily broken or cut to remove the club if they some have basic tools at their disposal. I would lean towards an aftermarket tracking system that doesn't rely on the vehicles power source to operate and simply pulling the fuel pump relay. Its inconvenient but unless they have a tow truck with them your vehicle will still be sitting where you left if with some minor damage.
I've been pulling that relay every night when traveling and staying overnight.

Looks like a tracking device is next on my list.

Thank you.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Due to privacy concerns (stalking) Apple airtags will alert iPhone users when one is near them. The iPhone user can disable that alert, but I don't think you can disable that at the Apple airtag itself. Apple airtags also have a speaker and anyone can send a signal to it from the mobile to make it beep so they can locate it. If you use Apple airtags make sure you open them up and remove the speaker from them so they can't beep. There is also an app for Android devices that will detect/alert that an Apple airtag is close by.

I have Android mobile devices and Android airtags don't seem to be as good as the Apple version, but for $25 it's not a bad idea to put one (or more) in the car with the speaker removed. A thief could look for an airtag signal before starting the theft and perhaps it's another deterrent.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Has anyone considered IGLA products?
OST Dyno has signed up to become an authorized IGLA installer and will begin installing these products once we complete our training in a few weeks.

For Mopars the IGLA "Anti-theft System" is very robust and avoids the drawback of having to burn your RF hub if you lose your keyfobs after having the dealer install the RF Lockout.
Here is a link to their product line:
https://iglaus.com/product/

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've heard of IGLA. The website is a bit confusing for me, the "Learn More" links don't appear to be working at present. I believe these have to be installed by certified installers, get hidden in the car, and interface with the can bus somewhow and act as an immobilizer and have a anti car jacking feature as well. I've seen a couple videos. I think that a long with tracking and mobile alerts would be great.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
I've heard of IGLA. The website is a bit confusing for me, the "Learn More" links don't appear to be working at present. I believe these have to be installed by certified installers, get hidden in the car, and interface with the can bus somewhow and act as an immobilizer and have a anti car jacking feature as well. I've seen a couple videos. I think that a long with tracking and mobile alerts would be great.
Their website definitely needs work. The units must be installed by a certified installer and we had to sign an agreement to not have the vehicle in the sight of the customer (or anyone else) when the installation is performed. We are also not permitted to tell the customer where the device is installed. We cannot sell these online for customer installation. The minimum price is $1200 installed.

This link list the primary features that I believe Hellcat owners would be interested in:
https://iglaus.com/competitor-comparison/

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
OST Dyno has signed up to become an authorized IGLA installer and will begin installing these products once we complete our training in a few weeks.

For Mopars the IGLA "Anti-theft System" is very robust and avoids the drawback of having to burn your RF hub if you lose your keyfobs after having the dealer install the RF Lockout.
@Hellcatcfp had it installed a week or two ago. He seems very happy with it.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I've got appointments coming up for all (3) of mine for the lockout TSB and spare keys ordered. I too am looking at the long list of ideas to see what else I may do...
Never leave it alone unless it's in your garage.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Their website definitely needs work. The units must be installed by a certified installer and we had to sign an agreement to not have the vehicle in the sight of the customer (or anyone else) when the installation is performed. We are also not permitted to tell the customer where the device is installed. We cannot sell these online for customer installation. The minimum price is $1200 installed.

This link list the primary features that I believe Hellcat owners would be interested in:
https://iglaus.com/competitor-comparison/
I had my installed 2 weeks ago or so in Spring, TX. So far liking it. Primarily use the key fobs, but leave fobs at home at times so I don't forget pin. Installation was done in complete secrecy. So far so good.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
RF Hub TSB done.
Starter interrupter, made my own.
Neutral block. " " "
GPS tracker.
Armored the TIPM.
Padlocked steering wheel cable bolted to the floor, wraps around the wheel so the only way to remove it is to cut it or the wheel in 2 places.
OBD port block. ( to do).
Pager alert with interior detector. ( " " )

Any other suggestions are welcomed.
The final line of defense:
IMG_9865.jpeg

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #35
@Hellcatcfp had it installed a week or two ago. He seems very happy with it.
Is it really there? How do you know?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Is it really there? How do you know?
Well, car won't start if I don't enter my pin. With key fob blinkers flash twice at start up...but beyond that I hope it works 😂😅🤣😂😅😂😅.

a526051

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
My IGLA system works fine. I've tried the small fobs just to make sure they work. Remote start still works. I dont think entering the code is a large bother, easier than opening the trunk to pull a fuse.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
Well, car won't start if I don't enter my pin. With key fob blinkers flash twice at start up...but beyond that I hope it works 😂😅🤣😂😅😂😅.
I wonder if this is from the same people who did the LoJack way back?

I remember they had cars with tracking equipment on them for when a theft was reported.

They're still around.
https://lojack.com/

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger

I think I'd rather have an actual alarm so I can add sensors to detect tilt, movement, etc if I decide to add in something that has to be professionally installed. I think without those additional features a Tazer with PIN lock and the RF Hub Lockout and Ghost Lock and a kill switch would be superior with multi layers of protection for a lot less money than an IGLA. I've held off on the RF Hub Lockout for a long time because quite frankly I thought it was pretty much a cop out solution by Dodge. They could have done this so that if we ever lost our keys, they would give us another RF Hub for free since this is a security weakness in the cars. But . . . I've since realized it's a good option and I'll do it. With that lockout and my other devices on the car that total well less than $500 I feel pretty good.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you lost keys and needed a new RF Hub aren't they like $160 so not a ton of money? Maybe labor for install/programming is the issue?