Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, we weren't willing, either. When it became obvious that the car was "stranded", and the likelihood for damage (and numerous cold starts) was somewhat certain, we ordered a new one.
Sure enough, when the first one eventually arrived it was damaged.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Well, we weren't willing, either. When it became obvious that the car was "stranded", and the likelihood for damage (and numerous cold starts) was somewhat certain, we ordered a new one.
Sure enough, when the first one eventually arrived it was damaged.
I didn't realize you ordered a new one... that was a good move!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The driving season was already over (the first one should've made it in time, barely) so there was no rush anymore.
Of course, the second one arrived very quickly, while I had hoped for a spring delivery.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Hi guys! My dealer called me today to tell me the 2020 challenger can now be ordered in Mexico, they gave the cost of the options, good thing is they can get me demonic red interior and warp speed wheels (in Mexico you sometimes only can buy the specs FCA decided to sell in the country ). Another option available is the carbon fiber and suede interior but I can’t find real pictures (only computer made ones) and I can’t seem to justify the 1,600 price tag. Have you seen real pics? What would you do?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Heads up on the new "game" going around in my attempts at negotiating some deals on a Hellcat. This is from multiple experiences in looking for a Hellcat with all of the discounts in place right now and seems to be the way dealers are trying to find new ways to milk profit, I can say this EXCLUDES Koons though:

1. REQUIRE you to finance through them. That's it, that simple. Sure, you can have 2%, 3%, 4% under invoice plus Power Dollars, but ONLY if you finance with us at our rate. Needless to say I explained I worked hard for my credit score, and money, and will decide how I pay for it and who I borrow from. All took the hard line and never respond back.

or

2. After telling you car is available, first question is when you can come in and see the car. Once I explain I am from DE and cannot come in person until a deal is agreed upon......crickets. Never respond to follow ups. In all my years buying online I have never really had so many refusals to negotiate via email. You'll always get some, mostly because the internet dept/salesperson is terrible at online buyers, but this time it is a large number.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
. After telling you car is available, first question is when you can come in and see the car. Once I explain I am from DE and cannot come in person until a deal is agreed upon......crickets. Never respond to follow ups. In all my years buying online I have never really had so many refusals to negotiate via email. You'll always get some, mostly because the internet dept/salesperson is terrible at online buyers, but this time it is a large number.
I couldn't tell you how many times I've been told "You need to come in and we can talk about it".
My response is usually that it shouldn't matter if I drive 150 miles (one way) or not, the price should be what it is.

Financing with the dealer wouldn't bother me, as long as there's no prepayment penalty.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Got the call Tuesday that it was delivered and drove down after work with a one way rental car.....picking up my car in the morning!

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Got the call Tuesday that it was delivered and drove down after work with a one way rental car.....picking up my car in the morning!
Congratulations!
I ordered mine today, 2020 Granite Challenger HC WB with demonic red interior and warp speed wheels!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Excellent choice on color, Pierre.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
IMG_20191127_101206.jpg IMG_20191127_101212.jpg IMG_20191127_101221.jpg IMG_20191127_213536.jpg

I made it home safe and sound!

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Couple more...
IMG_20191127_105126.jpg IMG_20191127_213314.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Congrats on all you expectant fathers.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I have almost recuperated after the last two ordering episodes, so not to get too comfortable again I'm considering ordering a Trackhawk.
It should arrive by early spring, right?

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I have almost recuperated after the last two ordering episodes, so not to get too comfortable again I'm considering ordering a Trackhawk.
It should arrive by early spring, right?
Considering there is zero demand for them and in 2019 MY they only sold 1500 give or take a few hundred, I'm sure you'll have it quickly.

I'm honestly surprised they continue to offer it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Wow! I think I saw 6,000 something made for '18 and thought that it was a low number.
Guess if I order a '20 it could be a collectors item of sorts...one of 500 built, or something.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Wow! I think I saw 6,000 something made for '18 and thought that it was a low number.
Guess if I order a '20 it could be a collectors item of sorts...one of 500 built, or something.
That's about right for MY 2018 because they forced them out there. It's why as of my last look a month ago there were like 400 new 2018 still nationwide. Koons did the mass buy in early 2018 and had the most in the country. In a round about way Erica said it was not a good deal for them! 2019 production was cut drastically and I'm guessing it was limited only to sold units and dealers who actually wanted one for the floor and knew they could sell it.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yep, I'm finding quite a few new '18s still for sale out there. Oddly enough, the asking prices aren't all that much lower than for '19s...which aren't much less than ordering a new one.

So far in my search it has been hard to find one without the things I don't want (primarily the sunroof) so ordering seems more and more likely.