Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The All-New 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Commercial

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
1. No gear shift WTF?
2. If I wanted a European looking car I’d buy a BMW.
3. Performance info is approximate WTF?
4. Yes it’s butt ugly and no I wouldn’t buy one.

JMVHO
Look 45 years ago I brought home an irish girl (to an all Italian family)...it took my mother a while to warm up to her...Mom is still alive...(goin on 92)..I doubt she'd ever talk to me again if I brought home a ford...I'll pass

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I am a short guy...5'8"...and I am not comfortable in a mustang trim level below GT350. Even after that...the interior feels cramped overall. I was just not legitimately impressed with the car. Especially being 6 spd manual only. The 350 needs the 10spd for sure...

Now...GT500 fixes that with a DCT...but...first year DCT by ford (even if made by tremec)?? No thanks. I'll sit out a year or 2. That and the insane markups they'll command in the short term. Meh.

Can't deny the performance though.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yeah I had one and they are not very exciting mine was not the R. The Voodoo Motor is a high revving motor to get any power out of her. It’s a race motor which requires 4500 rpm driving and above to have her come to life, The 6 speed manual is so damn slow it’s just no fun unless your nailing her all the time and then everyone thinks your racing them. It’s truly a track racing car meant to be run hard to get the motor to come to life. I picked up a used one last year in June and put a whopping 1200 miles on her over 8 months of ownership I hated it. I traded her for the GT Coyote Motor setup with the 10 Speed auto and the Magna ride is a huge difference in ride and performance as well. So yeah I agree not impressed with the GT 350 and here she is
C825DB3D-556D-4219-A970-8719D214855F.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Don’t have to trade the Dodge and why would I do that? I’d trade the GT
View attachment 4612
Quite the collection of vehicles you got there...very nice indeed...how do you rate that supra for a fun factor...whats it do best?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I was a bit cramped in my GT with the regular seats, no way I'd be able to get in/out of those Recaro's.

The stupid rotary shifter by itself would be enough to make me walk away :sick:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Quite the collection of vehicles you got there...very nice indeed...how do you rate that supra for a fun factor...whats it do best?
She is a really fun sports car and so much reminds me of my dads 1976 Datsun 280Z which was my dads first ever new sports car. I learned how to drive a stick shift and my dad was so cool he let me drive it anytime I wanted at the age of 16. The car feels like it has more power than she is advertised at of just 335hp lol yeah like that ain’t some power. Us Hellcat gang lol think anything below 500 is nothing lol. Anyways she has the feel when you get into her you could do drifting and burnouts and donuts like nothing. The back end is light and you really do have to know your limits taking her hard onto the corners. Heck Jay Leno wiped her out running her around the track lol on one of his shows. And the Sport mode opens the exhaust note up and gets the trans to start talking with the burping and gargling exhaust. 30 mpg car riding her at good speeds and having fun as well and smooth going down the highway. I have never been bugged by so many people it’s s world renown car so every body knows the car and wants to talk about it. I have wanted one since I was younger but couldn’t afford it and then was hard to justify the last one I wanted the Z06 Corvette instead which that’s what I owned. And when I was growing up in the 70s in California my dad picked up a used 1973 Toyota Celica GT which I just loved but was too young to drive. And I turned in my 2017 Jaguar F Type R 550 HP car for the Supra and thought I’m nuts lol since I didn’t even take her for a test drive. And damn she’s much more fun than my Jag was and gets soo much attention.
B30AF8CC-5E69-4B3A-865B-CA78558A61AA.jpeg E6E5CCA5-F46E-4FB3-B74F-572FFDF68C5E.jpeg 73E175BA-EEFE-45CA-AD37-4BBCFAA176A9.jpeg

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was a bit cramped in my GT with the regular seats, no way I'd be able to get in/out of those Recaro's.

The stupid rotary shifter by itself would be enough to make me walk away :sick:
Yeah I agree those Recaro seats get really old after an hour of riding around. As far as the rotary dial shifter I have them in my other cars and you don’t use them like your possibly thinking. You have the separate rotary dial to change the different ride modes. And the car has paddle shifters so that over takes the need to touch the rotary shift knob, it’s basically put her in drive and or reverse. Heck my new Ram Truck has a rotary shifter which I like.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Apparently, not much support for Fords here...

ford bounce.gif

OBC

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The GT500 will be an awesome car. We will have to wait for it to get into private hands to really know what it’s capable of. I’m considering a GT vert with a twin turbo A10 as my next car. It won’t be a Hellcat, but it should be a good time. My kids want a convertible and my options are limited.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
She is a really fun sports car and so much reminds me of my dads 1976 Datsun 280Z which was my dads first ever new sports car. I learned how to drive a stick shift and my dad was so cool he let me drive it anytime I wanted at the age of 16. The car feels like it has more power than she is advertised at of just 335hp lol yeah like that ain’t some power. Us Hellcat gang lol think anything below 500 is nothing lol. Anyways she has the feel when you get into her you could do drifting and burnouts and donuts like nothing. The back end is light and you really do have to know your limits taking her hard onto the corners. Heck Jay Leno wiped her out running her around the track lol on one of his shows. And the Sport mode opens the exhaust note up and gets the trans to start talking with the burping and gargling exhaust. 30 mpg car riding her at good speeds and having fun as well and smooth going down the highway. I have never been bugged by so many people it’s s world renown car so every body knows the car and wants to talk about it. I have wanted one since I was younger but couldn’t afford it and then was hard to justify the last one I wanted the Z06 Corvette instead which that’s what I owned. And when I was growing up in the 70s in California my dad picked up a used 1973 Toyota Celica GT which I just loved but was too young to drive. And I turned in my 2017 Jaguar F Type R 550 HP car for the Supra and thought I’m nuts lol since I didn’t even take her for a test drive. And damn she’s much more fun than my Jag was and gets soo much attention.
View attachment 4615 View attachment 4616 View attachment 4617
Back in 92 on a whim I bought a mazda rx7 twin turbo rotary...looked like a mini corvette..very light...quick little car...loads of fun..almost too light over 130 mph

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Yeah I agree those Recaro seats get really old after an hour of riding around. As far as the rotary dial shifter I have them in my other cars and you don’t use them like your possibly thinking. You have the separate rotary dial to change the different ride modes. And the car has paddle shifters so that over takes the need to touch the rotary shift knob, it’s basically put her in drive and or reverse. Heck my new Ram Truck has a rotary shifter which I like.
We had a rotary gear selector in our 2016 Chrysler 200S. It’s also in most, if not all the Ram trucks. I absolutely hated it. Half the time when I went to adjust my heater fan speed, I’d find myself grabbing that rotary dial.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I like the electric parking brake.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I like the electric parking brake.
Not! I am so glad I donn’t have that in my Chargers! The E brake had a mind of it’s own and would lock up the brakes sometimes when you were trying to park the car or move it around.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Not! I am so glad I donn’t have that in my Chargers! The E brake had a mind of it’s own and would lock up the brakes sometimes when you were trying to park the car or move it around.
Try having a manual trans Hellcat and then come back to me on how you do a 4-pedal dance. I set the damn thing with my left hand.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I can certainly respect the GT500 but that commercial just leaves me flat. Everything is "expected", "projected", "most we've ever done", etc. At this stage of the game, don't quote specs if you can't quote them. Get the emotions stirring early on with sounds and speed, etc. Dodge has done so many commercials that car guys really respond to.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I still get PM's from guys on 6G asking for help/advice lemon lawing their defective 'stangs ...........................

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I’m curious to if the naysayers have driven the 2019 Mustang? I never was a mustang guy till last year and figured hell before I leave this world I’m gonna own one and damn surprised me even.
Wife almost bought a green one with the black stripe
2018 A10 PP1. Thing is a hoot. Dealership sucked and my wife got frustrated and left. She still wants the car but not really wanting to do the new car buy.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I really like how the new 2019 gt350 especially the R looks.
Would I trade my Charger cat heck no. The GT500 not into the looks but that power is impressive

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I still swear the fastest car I have ever torn up was a Supra twin turbo. No weight and all turbo.