Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SRT is DEAD!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Umm, okay. So I buy an electric vehicle, come home in the evening and plug it in to charge from...solar panels?

Unless I mount a spotlight that illuminates the solar panels, how will that work out?? We have very clear skies, and the moon obviously shines every now and then, but that won't be enough.
Yup I can see it now....Ya got 3 electric cars in the family...ya spend 60g's to turn the roof into a giant solar panel..a week of gloomy days..no one can get to work..cause the cars take two days each to charge...foods spoilin in the fridge cause the cars are chargin..no problem...ya plink down 50g's deposit for a 400 grand 200ft windmill in the back yard that you finance for 30 years....maybe then you can put away the candles at night...then after all that..at the end of the month..ya open up the mail..and guess what...700 dollar electric bill...and why??? cause we listened to CC tell us how cool a CD of 6cyl sounds piped into a MUSTANG..while he's swappin spit with his sister...WTF..I mean really..WTF

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yup I can see it now....Ya got 3 electric cars in the family...ya spend 60g's to turn the roof into a giant solar panel..a week of gloomy days..no one can get to work..cause the cars take two days each to charge...foods spoilin in the fridge cause the cars are chargin..no problem...ya plink down 50g's deposit for a 400 grand 200ft windmill in the back yard that you finance for 30 years....maybe then you can put away the candles at night...then after all that..at the end of the month..ya open up the mail..and guess what...700 dollar electric bill...and why??? cause we listened to CC tell us how cool a CD of 6cyl sounds piped into a MUSTANG..while he's swappin spit with his sister...WTF..I mean really..WTF
LMAO😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Pardon me if I seem overly caustic and crude..(like I really give a fuck:oops:)..but I had over my limit of Blantons.."clean"..and an Opus X..with some friends I have not seen in a while..outside by a bonfire...all is right with the world...:giggle::giggle::giggle:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
On Saturday, Mopar Insiders reported that Stellantis disbanded the SRT engineering team. On Wednesday, a source within Stellantis confirmed to Motor Authority "it's definitely true as far as the engineering side."

The future of performance will look different regardless of which team is working on any given product. Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis told CNBC in February that the days of supercharged V-8s are numbered. While Hellcats might not survive the shift in times, performance will. Performance vehicles are here to stay thanks to electrification, which can mean both hybrids and full EV

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Yes; I don't think anyone was saying performance would go away (at least I am not); there will always be those out to hot rod what we have be it ICE or batteries.... While I like ICE, I like the end performance better - I am not married to a particular way of getting there.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Belpre
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger REWB Jailbreak
I think there will be room for both for several years to come. EV and ICE

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
On Saturday, Mopar Insiders reported that Stellantis disbanded the SRT engineering team. On Wednesday, a source within Stellantis confirmed to Motor Authority "it's definitely true as far as the engineering side."

The future of performance will look different regardless of which team is working on any given product. Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis told CNBC in February that the days of supercharged V-8s are numbered. While Hellcats might not survive the shift in times, performance will. Performance vehicles are here to stay thanks to electrification, which can mean both hybrids and full EV
New Hellcats in cars may not survive. But I'd be willing to bet Mopar will be selling crate Hellcats for your project cars.
And after that, probably have Dart, Indy, Brodix etc making blocks/heads when the junk yard supply starts to run dry.
You have company building frames and bodies of old muscle cars.
You can order any transmission you want. A variety of ECUs in which to run your car and on down the list.

The days of buying an 800hp supercharged Demon/Hellcat/Super Stock/Redeye will die. But the engines and aftermarket won't just disappear. In fact, it may take a giant jump in demand.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
Exactly what ive been thinking. Catering to the younger generation’s perception of muscle and it’s sound is the future. Think electric ricers. I’m sure they’ll be fast but they’ll have no soul, just like today’s ricers. Souless little buzz bombs with fake noise and the younger crowd will eat them right up. Ugh.
might just be one positive from this, the gene pool may get a little clean up. at least in this area, any guy driving an electro-ricer has little to no chance at spreading any DNA around

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #130
I sincerely hope I'm wrong...

But I didn't hear anything that specifically stated that beyond the current model year that the Hellcat engine would continue. I heard "SRT worthy"....

Worthy?

What's "worthy" mean?

V6 Turbo?

I4 2.0L Turbo in the Jeep @Speedy! drove?

Like I said, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

SRT is dead.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well I guess if they slap an SRT badge on that 2.0 it'll pickup 50hp lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I sincerely hope I'm wrong...

But I didn't hear anything that specifically stated that beyond the current model year that the Hellcat engine would continue. I heard "SRT worthy"....

Worthy?

What's "worthy" mean?

V6 Turbo?

I4 2.0L Turbo in the Jeep @Speedy! drove?

Like I said, I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

SRT is dead.
Worthy means...were in trouble...:(

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #133
Historically (not so much in the last couple of years) we would be getting teasers about the next model year about now...

Anybody heard anything about the Hellephant Challenger yet???

/major eyeroll emoji/

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think there will be room for both for several years to come. EV and ICE
Hmmm...heard the same sentiment at the Paris peace accord..about the Arabs..and the Jewish State,,,o_Oo_O

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Historically (not so much in the last couple of years) we would be getting teasers about the next model year about now...

Anybody heard anything about the Hellephant Challenger yet???

/major eyeroll emoji/
Well I was kinda on the fence for a RE Charger semi DD...I think I'm gonna re visit that...

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #136
Well I was kinda on the fence for a RE Charger semi DD...I think I'm gonna re visit that...

Likewise, I was pretty content to wait for MY22, but I may have to make the leap this year.

(I've got way to many irons in the fire...)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Likewise, I was pretty content to wait for MY22, but I may have to make the leap this year.

(I've got way to many irons in the fire...)
What are you looking to get???

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #138
What are you looking to get???

Another Challenger, but in RE trim.

Can't decide on WB or not?

Indigo

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Another Challenger, but in RE trim.

Can't decide on WB or not?

Indigo
Wide body...you wont regret it...more money..but in indigo its the only way to go...but what do I know right...lol ;)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh the bait and switch corporate nothings in the end. It’s always the Subtle message by the hot shots who come in and kick the cans over. Uh huh yeh sure I’ll believe it when I see it otherwise imo the SRT Brand we have known is just that past tense.