Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SRT is DEAD!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I seem to remember you alluding to the fact that she's a hottie.(pics or it didn't happen)...and she's a good earner as well...;);)
You remembered correctly...for a change.
Now I'm waiting for ChargerChallenger's response to your dirt slinging post.

Although, for all I know, he had one of those Furds.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You know we build power type plants. Never seen a battery that can discharge itself for more than just a few hours. That is why we need PSH.
I don't even want to know how much one of those would cost, or how many it would take to charge a car over night. The output per unit isn't overly impressive so it would take a few, I'd think.

Maybe enough to make my diesel generator seem like a bargain, and it runs regardless of weather conditions.
And speaking of weather conditions, those things apparently don't work when it's below -4 degrees.
Then what? Solar panels to run some sort of heater for the Tesla Powerwalls?
Dude, you are all over the correct answer, and you knew it. That shit costs more than the car! Here, one for my shack where I don’t have $25,000 in solar cells on my roof, AND NEVER WILL HAVE!

5AE6D057-182E-4B7B-9A03-D451A454215B.jpeg

Now who wants to continue on this BS battery discussion for charging 300 million electric cars at night?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Holy crap! I figured those things would be costly, but that's absurd.
And as you pointed out, solar panels are extra.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You remembered correctly...for a change.
Now I'm waiting for ChargerChallenger's response to your dirt slinging post.

Although, for all I know, he had one of those Furds.
Easy now..don't take that forum idiot thing to seriously..(I remember EVERYTHING)..and CC he's an amateur..he may be funny..but he could never match my lightning quick sardonic wit..not on his best day;););)

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I seem to remember you alluding to the fact that she's a hottie.(pics or it didn't happen)...and she's a good earner as well...;);)
But did you notice he referred to her as his "current" girlfriend?? Like she's one of his cars or pieces of equipment. You know, "current daily driver". Expendable, when something cooler and hotter comes along. You know what they say Jimmy, "if you like it, better put a ring on it". She may get tired of waiting... :D

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I know, I know. She brought it up, again, about a week ago.

For us it would be more of a financial thing, though. It would be a shame to lose out on her substantial assets (financial, mind you) if something happens to her.
Conversely, she wants me to make a list of who gets what car, or piece of equipment (machinery, mind you), if something happens to me.

Can you even get married these days, with the virus lurking?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
You know we build power type plants. Never seen a battery that can discharge itself for more than just a few hours. That is why we need PSH.

Dude, you are all over the correct answer, and you knew it. That shit costs more than the car! Here, one for my shack where I don’t have $25,000 in solar cells on my roof, AND NEVER WILL HAVE!

View attachment 38433

Now who wants to continue on this BS battery discussion for charging 300 million electric cars at night?
When I redid my roof I decided to go solar. My panels are North America. I will say WITHOUT the Federal Tax Credit of 36% it would not be cost effective from a break even perspective. My Solar portion was $24,000 (panels, electricity wiring, etc.), but really cost around $10,000 (was able to design it to also capture most of the roof cost towards 36%. Just recently completed my first full year of solar. My energy bill averages $10-$13 a month and I paid my annual overuse fee of $400. Solar works for my area climate wise. My breakeven is probably 4.5 years. Would not have been cost effective without Federal Tax credits. Did not do a house battery myself as I need 2-3. Batteries are also eligible for the 36% Federal credit, but still too damn expensive at these prices. Here is my energy production.

Screenshot_20210223-151558_mySolarEdge.jpg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I put baseball cards in the spokes of my bikes. Might have to try that on my EV’s.
Tied ballons to the forks or bike frames to rub against the spokes. That sounded pretty cool. They didn't last too long though if you blew them up too much.

Cards were the go to if we didn't have balloons.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If they wanted to infuse some SRT in to other areas, why didn't they just include the SRT team in those projects as consultants or whatever like Ralph claimed they did on TRX and 392 Wrangler?

On the flip side of that statement, what else could SRT have developed? Surely we don't all think they can just keep bumping horsepower 90-100 more every year? I thought the Hellephant might be the last hoorah on the big motor power war and then smaller V8s with twins or V6 with twins in a smaller platform would start to trickle in to test the water with target customers. Or maybe the Hellephant was developed to be the last hoorah, then this Stellanis deal started to come in to play so they scrapped that and offered it as a crate motor to recoup some R&D dollars. Those big mergers/buyouts don't just happen over night.

This could have just simply been a case of nothing else for the SRT team to develop at present and rather then lay them all off they moved them in to other roles.
426 scat pack would have been something

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Oh, I had quite a few fox bodies back in the day. Now I'm stuck with one (my current girlfriend).

Anyway, if you were referring to those Furds...hate to tell you, but I never had enough tools or patience to own one.
I also had fox bodies, they were reliable and owning a 9 second daily I would drive it anywhere:)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I also had fox bodies, they were reliable and owning a 9 second daily I would drive it anywhere:)
Yep, and between my sister and I we could've given CC a run for the number of them we both had over a 15 year period. Those 5.0's ran well, were easy to work on, and once you understood the ignition and fuel injection system, they were easy to diagnose when there was a problem. My '88 Cougar XR7 was my DD, and I put 186,000 miles on it before I had to do any major repairs. I probably had more money spent on oil changes than anything else in that car up to the point that I replaced the orignal engine with a crate 5.0. I had a bunch of Mustangs, and my sister was racing and wrecking her Mustangs one behind the other.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The same argument was used a long time ago to say there would never be a nationwide infrastructure of gasoline stations. That was insane; there were only a handfull of stations in Philadelphia at the time. How could you possibly have such stations in Paduca, Texas or Fairbanks, Alaska? Poppycock!

Of course, just like now, it will take years for the numbers of vehicles on the roads to come up, and in those years, more and more charging stations will come on line (for long distance travel, parking while at your destination, like the mall or movie theatre, or even work). At home combination of natural gas, nuclear, wind, solar, and tidal will provide power to charge the plugged in vehicles at home. While I would personally like to see space based solar (see The High Frontier) the rest will work. As long as you don't let the Texas state government or Texas-based business be in control of the grid.

The problems are not insurmountable. They only look that way, like the gas station, pumping, refining, transport, and storage problems looked insanely complicated and insurmountable in the past. With apologies to Georgie Patton, "If mountain ranges and oceans can be overcome, these infrastructure problems will be overcome."

And even before the whole petroleum thing, don't forge there were tons of folks who derided steam power as incredibly dangerous, etc... (with the same infrastructure issues mentioned) but added into the bargain that "the human body cannot withstand more than 30 MPH!" I die routinely, every single day. lol

And now, more shockwaves

addicted to blast over pressure.gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
But did you
But did you notice he referred to her as his "current" girlfriend?? Like she's one of his cars or pieces of equipment. You know, "current daily driver". Expendable, when something cooler and hotter comes along. You know what they say Jimmy, "if you like it, better put a ring on it". She may get tired of waiting...
Tied ballons to the forks or bike frames to rub against the spokes. That sounded pretty cool. They didn't last too long though if you blew them up too much.

Balloons????...really Troop..balloons ya say...tell me troop..what did the little girls tie to their er..forks....

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Balloons????...really Troop..balloons ya say...tell me troop..what did the little girls tie to their er..forks....
same stuff.....balloons or cards. it was easy back then because everyone's mom had those pinchy clothespins in a bag out on the clothesline in the back yard. I bet if you hung clothes out to dry now, some do-gooder would call the cops or shame you on fakebook.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
same stuff.....balloons or cards. it was easy back then because everyone's mom had those pinchy clothespins in a bag out on the clothesline in the back yard. I bet if you hung clothes out to dry now, some do-gooder would call the cops or shame you on fakebook.
Man...I forgot about that...your right...everybodys mom did it...

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Man...I forgot about that...your right...everybodys mom did it...
I'll freely admit that I use those wooden pinchy clothespins to keep my chip and cereal bags closed. They are cheap, and they work way better than those crummy plastic "chip clips".

That's my PSA for the day :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
426 scat pack would have been something
Or 426 "1320" like the concept car they made, but ended up with a 392 when they finally built it. I think it's cool that way, but would have been way cooler with a NA 426, only in the 1320.

Last edited:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8

My mother always wondered where all her clothspins disappeared to.:LOL:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
My mother always wondered where all her clothspins disappeared to.:LOL:
hell yeah.....we used them to make rubber band guns too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
hell yeah.....we used them to make rubber band guns too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Watch out you live in Marylandistan, better not have any high capacity rubber band holders...