Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So I Ordered A 2023 Widebody Charger

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
I agree. I would rather have one car that I can give the undevided attention it needs. Like several passes down the drag strip each week. Or two.
I'm planning on doing some drag & drive events plus some cruises. It needs enough storage for the gear needed. Doesn't need to be the fastest, just focused on fun.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Youzer, youzer, Dave if you take dis car or snot cungrats. My HC is satin black and bean en in Fl wit da watah, neva black again. Washen wit soft watah and rince. It drieyes fastah dan I can wipe er ass. Spots and moe spots. Like washin a dulmation. Spots don't go away. Wiper er ass wit an axpensive fuzzy towel, purple in cula, and da spots don't distapear. New wax, new paint, don't mattah. Spots, damn spots. My questun about da WB ees. I have a prublem wit da car and curbs. Is da WB even wurst? Like pullen upster to drive thru speakas cause day don't stick out fer enough. Da WB even worser?? Jon Wickster is on wit da cahs.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Youzer, youzer, Dave if you take dis car or snot cungrats. My HC is satin black and bean en in Fl wit da watah, neva black again. Washen wit soft watah and rince. It drieyes fastah dan I can wipe er ass. Spots and moe spots. Like washin a dulmation. Spots don't go away. Wiper er ass wit an axpensive fuzzy towel, purple in cula, and da spots don't distapear. New wax, new paint, don't mattah. Spots, damn spots. My questun about da WB ees. I have a prublem wit da car and curbs. Is da WB even wurst? Like pullen upster to drive thru speakas cause day don't stick out fer enough. Da WB even worser?? Jon Wickster is on wit da cahs.
Water spots is a major problem down here since it dries before you can wipe it. You have to clay bar it but you loose your paint sealer.

We had a widebody Challenger and it felt wide as a boat but the wider tires were nice, took the corners much better.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Water spots is a major problem down here since it dries before you can wipe it. You have to clay bar it but you loose your paint sealer.

We had a widebody Challenger and it felt wide as a boat but the wider tires were nice, took the corners much better.
Does that mean you traded in your Challenger?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
Does that mean you traded in your Challenger?
Challenger went with the Ram when we got the Tundra.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I due snot get neer da watah. Slut wattah will kill a finish, claa bar whore wax. Thanx Dave. Guud luckster.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
I due snot get neer da watah. Slut wattah will kill a finish, claa bar whore wax. Thanx Dave. Guud luckster.
I use soap and water all the time. Otherwise how do you get it clean?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
2 somewhat identical cars seems redundant. But if you heavily modded one and kept the other stock, that would be different. Like work boots and dancin’ boots!

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
2 somewhat identical cars seems redundant. But if you heavily modded one and kept the other stock, that would be different. Like work boots and dancin’ boots!
I was going to switch out.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Congrats! Can't go wrong with a widebody charger, she'll be a beauty!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Great call, I think history will look back very fondly on the Charger widebody.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock

Carpro "Spotless" works extremely well on my black cars. Doesn't hurt the finish and doesn't remove the ceramic coating. Auto Geek

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
Carpro "Spotless" works extremely well on my black cars. Doesn't hurt the finish and doesn't remove the ceramic coating. Auto Geek
I use carpro reload.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
I use carpro reload.
As do I. If you like Reload, you may want to try Elixir if you haven't already. I tend to use it more often and it's way easier to apply with less streaks. Tons of posts out in the wild comparing the two and either tend to do a great job.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #35
As do I. If you like Reload, you may want to try Elixir if you haven't already. I tend to use it more often and it's way easier to apply with less streaks. Tons of posts out in the wild comparing the two and either tend to do a great job.
I coat over with some carnuba wax sometimes. Really makes it pop. Old school right there.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Washing with a DI water system helps a lot with the spotting, been doing it that way since the mid 90's.
Of course, if you leave a black car outside in FL the spots are unavoidable due to the weather pattern here - sun bakes car (that has dust/dirt on it), afternoon rains come, sun comes back out & bakes the car again - voila instant water spots !!

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37
Here it goes!!!
Screenshot_20230729_163518_Chrome.jpg

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I ordered something else that I feel I can mod, cruise and drag race and not worry about something happening to it.

I'm tired of always watching the Charger and afraid to take it anywhere. We're going to an event in Georgia this week and we're not taking it because of the high possibility of it being stolen just outside of Atlanta.
So is your new car not the B5 Hellcat you described at first?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
So is your new car not the B5 Hellcat you described at first?
I have a coyote f150 in transit. It was ordered since chances of the Charger being built was pretty much 0% at the time.

Now that the charger is getting built, I've decided not to take the f150.

But.....my mind can change like the wind.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m not following this too well? Charger or no Charger? 6.2, 6.4 or 5.7? Did you sell your old HC Charger yet? Are you trading it in? You had a lot of aftermarket parts and your super high dollar trailer for sale. Is the HC restored back to stock configuration, insured and tagged now? I thought you were “tired of always watching it” and “afraid to take it (your Hellcat) anywhere”…but you still ordered a new Hellcat? In between all this you decided to order a Coyote F150 and since changed your mind? This is all so you can get a new car that is covered by a warranty again…but then you say you can “mod it, cruise and race with it and not worry about something happening to it”? Are you going to race it with your daily driver tires on it or do you have a pit crew lined up to help you go race your new car? I missed something somewhere here?

Last edited: