Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Share your winter storage tips

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I am going to drive it into the heated garage and throw a car cover on it... and check back in 5-7 months.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I am going to drive it into the heated garage and throw a car cover on it... and check back in 5-7 months.
The best idea.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I like to deflate the tires, drop a handful of bird seed under the hood, and turn on the dome 💡.

On my ex wife's car that is 😛

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I like to deflate the tires, drop a handful of bird seed under the hood, and turn on the dome 💡.

On my ex wife's car that is 😛
Don't forget to piss on or around the heater core, so she can enjoy that fresh clean scent in the spring at startup... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just open the door to the garage and let the a/c in. Watt I dooo. Or when the fire gets too hot in the kitchen and the in the garage, can't understand the spanish. Buy a spot cooler and a cd.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
JIMMY,

Did you move to NOME ALASKA?

That is insane... looks like something from a ski resort... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Not quite, OBC, not quite.

No, that contraption started life as an innocent Unimog SEE (Small Emplacement Excavator). Converted the loader to a Quick-Tach setup so that it'll accept Bobcat style attachments, then ran "extension hoses" from the PTO driven backhoe out to the loader...and plugged them into a skid steer hydraulic snow blower.
And it actually worked.

Much nicer than sitting on an open tractor with a PTO driven 3-point blower. Heck, the SEE even has a heated windshield, which helps a lot since that fine mist always tries to end up on the operator. DSCN2438.JPG

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

No, that contraption started life as an innocent Unimog SEE (Small Emplacement Excavator). Converted the loader to a Quick-Tach setup so that it'll accept Bobcat style attachments, then ran "extension hoses" from the PTO driven backhoe out to the loader...and plugged them into a skid steer hydraulic snow blower.
And it actually worked.

Much nicer than sitting on an open tractor with a PTO driven 3-point blower. Heck, the SEE even has a heated windshield, which helps a lot since that fine mist always tries to end up on the operator. View attachment 5478
impressive 2.gif

impressive.gif

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

And it actually worked.

Much nicer than sitting on an open tractor with a PTO driven 3-point blower. Heck, the SEE even has a heated windshield, which helps a lot since that fine mist always tries to end up on the operator. View attachment 5478
So your place is at the most northern part of NM close to Colorado state line? That would be on a lower parallel than MD but, you definitely have better skiing there than here.

Your pic even gave Jen a chill...

7Nqt.gif

Beautiful location. GODS COUNTRY...

gods country.gif

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yep, very close to the border.
But I think it's the altitude here, more so than the parallel, that dictates the weather.

So it can get a bit "nippy", as Jen found out.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ahhhh yes, it's the altitude for sure. What was I thinking?... Obviously not thinking hard at all.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yep... nippy is the word alright...

Crisp, clean air... nice.