Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ready to add Stage 2

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I am just about to pull the trigger on a Stage 2 for the RE, about $4100 incl tax, I could save maybe 10% if I order the parts myself but probably not worth being cheap.

Jon would be my first choice but there is something comforting about retaining 3.5y of warranty.

The only difficulty is the PB dealer is 2.5hr away (Tasca on Providence, RI). He said he has done a dozen or so and has not had one problem.

Before I leap, has anyone installed Stage 2? Any problems? Warnings? Of course, I always like to hear opinions!

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Jon has my friends redeye running 9.8 with a tune only no pulleys on 93+ boostane. The engine and tranny are pretty much bullet proof. I would go with Jon.

I gave up 2+ years of warranty and have over 100+ passes on this car.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
A pulley/factory tune and E85 equals $4100? Is that a joke or something? Give Jon a call and use him. A pulley and tune is not gonna give u enough HP to break anything so vioding ur warranty is a moot point. U need another 250 whp before u start stressing anything on this platform.

U get a canned tune that every other jackass with a RE has. Thats lame and the fact is Jons tune will result in WAY more power period and will likely drive better all the way around!

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Plus if you race the car in competition the warranty is void. They don’t tell you that but it’s in there.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@2ndAmend it's really too bad they don't license Speed performance Tuners/Shops do the install.

I always post that you want someone with Experience and Knowledge should be working on your Hellcat.

You have to make the dealer prove somehow that he actually did a dozen or so installs, just like you would with an Unknown speed shop.
Get some name references.

I know a Dealership that has modified Hemi's for racing before the Hellcats and for Hellcats. I would go to a place like that.

I've seen problems posted at the other place, so do your research.

Linda :)

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #6
A pulley/factory tune and E85 equals $4100? Is that a joke or something? Give Jon a call and use him. A pulley and tune is not gonna give u enough HP to break anything so vioding ur warranty is a moot point. U need another 250 whp before u start stressing anything on this platform.

U get a canned tune that every other jackass with a RE has. Thats lame and the fact is Jons tune will result in WAY more power period and will likely drive better all the way around!
A local guy has a Jon tune, (he is extremely happy BTW), and it cost him about $3200 installed, so I didn't think $4k was so bad. My understanding is a Jon tune and 3.1 is about 900hp on 100 while the DC is 885hp. So, the price and hp are not much different, just 3.5y of warranty. As impressive as Jon's accomplishments are, it is still a difficult choice. Thanks for the input.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #7
Plus if you race the car in competition the warranty is void. They don’t tell you that but it’s in there.
Understood. But it was my understanding "competition" does not include occasional runs at the 1/4 track or 1.5mi, but I don't have that in writing.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #8
This was interesting:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Several guys on the other forum having problems with stage2. One just went back to stock.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I am just about to pull the trigger on a Stage 2 for the RE, about $4100 incl tax, I could save maybe 10% if I order the parts myself but probably not worth being cheap.

Jon would be my first choice but there is something comforting about retaining 3.5y of warranty.

The only difficulty is the PB dealer is 2.5hr away (Tasca on Providence, RI). He said he has done a dozen or so and has not had one problem.

Before I leap, has anyone installed Stage 2? Any problems? Warnings? Of course, I always like to hear opinions!
Not worth it, if you’re going to void warranty go all the way in my opinion

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
@2ndAmend it's really too bad they don't license Speed performance Tuners/Shops do the install.

I always post that you want someone with Experience and Knowledge should be working on your Hellcat.

You have to make the dealer prove somehow that he actually did a dozen or so installs, just like you would with an Unknown speed shop.

I know a Dealership that has modified Hemi's for racing before the Hellcats and for Hellcats. I would go to a place like that.

The reason they don’t is because the service departments carry the dealerships, so this is their way of throwing a bone to them since they’re about to be screwed with ICE ending

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I went back and forth on whether or not to get this stage 2, my dealer was in the $5500 range for the package so your $4100 sounds so much better, but I decided against it on my 2019. Wasn't much factory warranty left to preserve for one, also as I daily drive mine I would spend most of the time in 837 hp mode on pump gas, 100 octane race gas is very expensive, but if your car is only a weekend toy it would be easier to keep that in it and be able to keep the car in 885 hp mode. *Also for me I bought the platinum extended service warranty through my dealer and they could not guarantee me that I would retain that if I purchased the upgrade.*

But the guy in the video picked up basically .3 and 3 mph, I don't know that does not seem like a lot to me or worth that time and money and I think you would barely feel that while driving around and again that's only when you are using $20 a gallon gas.

Unless you are going to switch to be able to run E85, modding a redeye doesn't seem to be worth it seeing as how hard these cars run stock. Guy in the video was running 10.2 consistently before, I mean that's incredible for a stock car!

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #13
Not worth it, if you’re going to void warranty go all the way in my opinion
I would agree, but the point of the stage kits is to preserve the warranty. Without the warranty they are obviously not worth it.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #14
Several guys on the other forum having problems with stage2. One just went back to stock.
Found them, reading them now, thanks!

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I would agree, but the point of the stage kits is to preserve the warranty. Without the warranty they are obviously not worth it.
They don’t preserve your warranty though…. If you break while racing, it’s void. Only the stage parts are warrantied I believe

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@EricG I agree with you.

I have a Stage 2 HHP and the car in the Pic is also mine :)
https://highhorseperformance.com/hh...st-850hp-1000hp-stage-2-installation-package/

My husband didn't care about the warranty, because he always said If you play your gonna pay. It is what it is. We started the Tuning and R&D of parts for our Hellcats. There are so many shops with Experience and Knowledge. I'm not sure I would take a chance.
And Dodge doesn't really want to Pay.

In my opinion Dodge , their dealerships want everything to "Sound" Good! That's why I posted to @2ndAmend he does need to get references.

I would imagine though the set up of Stage 2 is like how my Hellcat is. I can go Drag @ 900 + then simply put my HC back into Daily driving mode using 93 pump gas.

I guess it will depend on what the benefits are to someone, what will be done.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #17
They don’t preserve your warranty though…. If you break while racing, it’s void. Only the stage parts are warrantied I believe
Like I said:

But it was my understanding "competition" does not include occasional runs at the 1/4 track or 1.5mi, but I don't have that in writing.

Stage kits preserve the full vehicle warranty.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Like I said:

But it was my understanding "competition" does not include occasional runs at the 1/4 track or 1.5mi, but I don't have that in writing.

Stage kits preserve the full vehicle warranty.
I must have missed that. Just get it in writing, I also believe there were people on the other forum that had warranty issues.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

With the Ford Performance Whipple kit you can get a ASE tech to install it and be covered by warranty.
Why doesn't Dodge do this?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country