Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Radford racing school hotel recommendations

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SuperStock
I won my autocross event, it was a blast. Let us know how you did!

Attachments

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
My first auto-cross out there I qualified to buy the "Cone Killer" tshirt from the gift shop! LOL.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
IMG_3294 - Copy.jpg
...I was the "wiener" :p in my class too...and beat the Chief Donut Maker who was also in attendance and had to settle for second place...not sure the Dodge media team that was accompanying him was particularly happy about that but he was a nice enough young man and graciously congratulated myself and the other top-3 gentleman...

There were some folks in my class that had NO business owning a Hellcat from their demonstrable lack of skills (which is what the school is for, but c'mon man, bring SOMETHING to the table FFS) and it sucked getting stuck behind them on the hot laps but the instructors were on point and switched things up and kept it lively...

OP
Bobo

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Thread Starter #24
View attachment 120680
...I was the "wiener" :p in my class too...and beat the Chief Donut Maker who was also in attendance and had to settle for second place...not sure the Dodge media team that was accompanying him was particularly happy about that but he was a nice enough young man and graciously congratulated myself and the other top-3 gentleman...

There were some folks in my class that had NO business owning a Hellcat from their demonstrable lack of skills (which is what the school is for, but c'mon man, bring SOMETHING to the table FFS) and it sucked getting stuck behind them on the hot laps but the instructors were on point and switched things up and kept it lively...
Y’all haven’t seen me drive yet🤣 I might be on that list of drivers that shouldn’t own a HC🤣🤣
This will be my very first time driving on any type of track. Went to locate the school today while we were out running around. IMG_4558.jpeg

Last edited:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
you'll have a blast, and really experience what these cars of capable of if the instructors take you for a "test ride" - I had bruised ribs from getting slammed into the door to prove it in the backseat of the Charger while getting shown the autocross course ;-)

OP
Bobo

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
you'll have a blast, and really experience what these cars of capable of if the instructors take you for a "test ride" - I had bruised ribs from getting slammed into the door to prove it in the backseat of the Charger while getting shown the autocross course ;-)
We did the SRT experience at Roadkill nights in Pontiac Mi this year and that was pretty cool.

Well we’re off to class! Report back later this afternoon on how it went.😎🇺🇸😊

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Have fun today!!!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's an awesome time. More time in the car than classroom. They didn't do a trophy for autocross in my class. Chief Donut Maker was in mine too so they must have sent him a couple times for practice.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
How many times did he attend? Did they pick someone who couldn't drive? Is this why he never did anything?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Hell, I'm no expert driver either lol. I think in the end they wouldn't let him do donuts or anything at events. Legal department had issues with all that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Hell, I'm no expert driver either lol. I think in the end they wouldn't let him do donuts or anything at events. Legal department had issues with all that.
You didn't get your driving skills tested?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Where have you been? It was a marketing stunt, so no there were no driving skill tests whatsoever.

The only time I was in a car was when Matt Hagan was supposedly "training" us. He was shotgun and I was sliding the Redeye around the track with him screaming "dude they're not timing us!" :ROFLMAO:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Where have you been? It was a marketing stunt, so no there were no driving skill tests whatsoever.

The only time I was in a car was when Matt Hagan was supposedly "training" us. He was shotgun and I was sliding the Redeye around the track with him screaming "dude they're not timing us!" :ROFLMAO:
I just can't remember every detail about your life. I'll try harder...

🤷‍♂️🤷🤷‍♂️🤷🤷‍♂️🤷

OP
Bobo

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
Wife and I had a great time! Was a lot of fun and enjoyed all the courses! Auto cross in the 392 Durango was wife’s favorite and really cool, I was 6th with less than 1 second separating the top 5 and I was just a couple tenths slower at 26.42 she did 32.31 and I was really impressed with how well she did today.
Did the lead follow course and I was first car behind instructor and we got up to a little over 70mph on the course. Wife’s group we were in same position and they got up to about 55 mph.😎
I know there are better drivers with better times but we had a ton of fun and it was the first time we’d ever got to do anything like this.
Met done really interesting people and some, well not do much but most were really nice. There was snd older retired couple that looked like road hard bikers and she walked with a cane that were cool as hell! They were driving their new TRX to break it in but have 3 others, HC Redeye, HC Durango and a TrackHawk. Young guy from Atlanta that has a HC charger with custom rap, air bags and lambo doors and purple neon🤣 lets his 16 yo daughter drive it to school. His wife drives a 392 Durango and they have a 392 Wrangler. He had some if the best times, boy could drive!
Awesome time🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Glad you had fun, it's a great experience. Did you get to do the drift pad training? I had a blast doing that.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Oh man, we are close! I went 24.5 and then two 24.0s to win it, no trophy back in 2021 though :(

On my last 24.0 lap I was actually going really fast, accidentally downshifted from 2 to 1 (thought I was going 3 to 2) to power out of the large loop in the corner and fishtailed it! Had to get off the throttle and then back on. Totally blew it, probably had a 23.5 going. Instructor told me they never see 23s, would have been a legend. Blew it, kind of the story of my life lol good but don’t get to be great…

Attachments

OP
Bobo

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Oh man, we are close! I went 24.5 and then two 24.0s to win it, no trophy back in 2021 though :(

On my last 24.0 lap I was actually going really fast, accidentally downshifted from 2 to 1 (thought I was going 3 to 2) to power out of the large loop in the corner and fishtailed it! Had to get off the throttle and then back on. Totally blew it, probably had a 23.5 going. Instructor told me they never see 23s, would have been a legend. Blew it, kind of the story of my life lol good but don’t get to be great…
No trophies today either. You guys had small groups, there was 22 people in today’s groups

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
@Bobo, sweet Dude! Glad you had a hoot, I was gonna ask if that's a McLaren 720 in the picture you posted...? Can't tell for sure but that's what it looks like...

OP
Bobo

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #39
@Bobo, sweet Dude! Glad you had a hoot, I was gonna ask if that's a McLaren 720 in the picture you posted...? Can't tell for sure but that's what it looks like...
Yes it was, it was heading into the park on Saturday when we were checking out where it was located! Beautiful car😎