Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Personal Best

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We used to have a 100 and a 104 unleaded at the pumps here in the 90's early 2000s . We could use it more now

OP
hellman

hellman

10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Katy
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8
Thread Starter #62
Perfect! I may try that then. Should work great! Would this also work with 2lbs additional boost like the 3.10 upper pulley or the 7% MMX lower pulley?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Perfect! I may try that then. Should work great! Would this also work with 2lbs additional boost like the 3.10 upper pulley or the 7% MMX lower pulley?
$800 is high for a lower. I thought about doing the lower but made more sense to do the upper and if I need more then buy a smaller ring for it. Biggest reason to do a lower so you don't have to go as small on the upper to help with belt slip. I'm not hearing any belt slip even with a 2.75 so I decided to just pin my stock balancer

OP
hellman

hellman

10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Katy
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #64
That’s what I was going to do. Install a TBA Machine 3.10 upper, pin the stock lower and go with a set of Demon injectors. Sounds good to me. Thanks for all the input fellas!

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My thinking is the fan and rad have to move to pin the crank. So why not do a lower as most of the work is already done. Like you I do not have plans to go further down the rabbit hole. So the ability to simply change upper pulley later on isn't a big thing for me.
By doing the lower I don't have to lift the blower and futz with that also. A bonus is the clutched pulley on the blower stays.

Thankfully we have choices so we can do what we think works best for our situations.

Do keep us informed on what you do when you do it. As well as how it works for you.

OP
hellman

hellman

10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Katy
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #66
I hear ya. I thought seriously about the lower but that dang lower from MMX is $800 and Peitz Performance wants $750 in labor to install it and pin the crank and another $100 to change the injectors. The 3.10 upper is only $270 and Peitz will install it and the injectors for $450 and mean cat will pin my stock lower for $100. That’s a big difference in dollars spent. Peitz can tune the car with the money I saved by doing the upper. That’s another reason why I was leaning toward the upper scenario. We’ll see. I really appreciate everyone’s input. Thanks!!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My thinking is the fan and rad have to move to pin the crank. So why not do a lower as most of the work is already done. Like you I do not have plans to go further down the rabbit hole. So the ability to simply change upper pulley later on isn't a big thing for me.
By doing the lower I don't have to lift the blower and futz with that also. A bonus is the clutched pulley on the blower stays.

Thankfully we have choices so we can do what we think works best for our situations.

Do keep us informed on what you do when you do it. As well as how it works for you.
Speedy did a video of pinning the crank that helps. Jon and I did his after Christmas and will do mine in the spring. You will also need a puller and installer to do the lower. If that is all you want to do I get it problem is we have a tendency to change our minds so I'm planning ahead:cool:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
That’s what I was going to do. Install a TBA Machine 3.10 upper, pin the stock lower and go with a set of Demon injectors. Sounds good to me. Thanks for all the input fellas!
I will highly recommend you do not use the demon injectors. My 2.85 maxed out my demon injectors on 93.
Also how many miles do you have on the car? Fuel pump can also start being an issue even on 93.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Check out the classifieds there is a trusted seller selling fic1000s

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I hear ya. I thought seriously about the lower but that dang lower from MMX is $800 and Peitz Performance wants $750 in labor to install it and pin the crank and another $100 to change the injectors. The 3.10 upper is only $270 and Peitz will install it and the injectors for $450 and mean cat will pin my stock lower for $100. That’s a big difference in dollars spent. Peitz can tune the car with the money I saved by doing the upper. That’s another reason why I was leaning toward the upper scenario. We’ll see. I really appreciate everyone’s input. Thanks!!!
That makes sense. For me it is $350 to install the ATI and pin the crank.
I bought the ATI last year with bigger injectors. So at the moment that is the cheapest route for me. Plus I am waiting to see if I may get a 2.7 blower as a hand me down.
After having a couple of weekends with a trans tune and fixing my other issues with fueling, I am in no hurry to install them at this point. I know there is more et in the car the way it is. I peddled on one of my PB runs.

OP
hellman

hellman

10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Katy
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #71
I will highly recommend you do not use the demon injectors. My 2.85 maxed out my demon injectors on 93.
Also how many miles do you have on the car? Fuel pump can also start being an issue even on 93.
I am never going to run anything more than a 3.10 upper or the MMX 7% lower so I should be fine with Demon injectors. If I wanted more boost than that, I would surely take your advice and run 1000cc injectors like Mean Cat. As far as fuel pumps, I just changed mine out because it was clearly evident that mine was going out after Brian ran a data log on my car during a run. It went from 80 psi all the way down to 60 psi and that caused the duty cycle on the injector to max out 100% trying to keep up. Installed the new pump and the injectors are back down to 90% duty cycle and the pump is maintaining 80 psi throughout the run. Oh, and my car has 28,000 miles on it for reference.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I am never going to run anything more than a 3.10 upper or the MMX 7% lower so I should be fine with Demon injectors. If I wanted more boost than that, I would surely take your advice and run 1000cc injectors like Mean Cat. As far as fuel pumps, I just changed mine out because it was clearly evident that mine was going out after Brian ran a data log on my car during a run. It went from 80 psi all the way down to 60 psi and that caused the duty cycle on the injector to max out 100% trying to keep up. Installed the new pump and the injectors are back down to 90% duty cycle and the pump is maintaining 80 psi throughout the run. Oh, and my car has 28,000 miles on it for reference.
Crazy around that 25k mark seems to be about what everyone I have seen says. It is when mine was getting weak as well.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

The fan has to be removed but not the rad. to pin crank. It can be done from under the car with it on jack stands.
On the decision to do upper or lower is to each their own but if you ever wanted to sell the car & convert back to stock will be much easier to swap a upper pulley ring back to stock size.
That would not be a Hellraiser pulley to swap easy, but I have seen a lot of them fail so I did the TBA machine pulley & have had no issue.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The fan has to be removed but not the rad. to pin crank. It can be done from under the car with it on jack stands.
On the decision to do upper or lower is to each their own but if you ever wanted to sell the car & convert back to stock will be much easier to swap a upper pulley ring back to stock size.
That would not be a Hellraiser pulley to swap easy, but I have seen a lot of them fail so I did the TBA machine pulley & have had no issue.
I was set on the TBA for design and rings are cheap but after thinking about slippage a nice smooth pulley has the best chance to slip so I went with griptec

We used blast our pulleys to make them rough 20 years ago but we were also trying to make boost with an 8 rib pulley so the 10 we have now helps

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I was set on the TBA for design and rings are cheap but after thinking about slippage a nice smooth pulley has the best chance to slip so I went with griptec

We used blast our pulleys to make them rough 20 years ago but we were also trying to make boost with an 8 rib pulley so the 10 we have now helps
I haven't had any belt slip or even belt dust on things & my belt is a tad on the lose side of the tensioner. I also have all the TBA idler & tensioner pulleys.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I still like the Hellraiser pulley due to it's decouple design. Only downside is you're stuck with one pulley size so that's why I personally went with the 2.72. That's the max to stay in the efficiency range of the 2.4L Hellcat supercharger. I'm personally not in to the lower pulleys. Last I checked you had to grind on the front cover to get them to fit.

Trying to mod these cars on a budget usually doesn't turn out well. I'd build a "mod budget" and do it right and do it once.

A 3.10 pulley is a pretty mild change though. I think Dodge is selling that as stage 1 on the Hellcat now anyway through Direct Connection but it's only like 40 crank horse power so won't make a ton of difference I don't think. A good trans tune would probably net more?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I haven't had any belt slip or even belt dust on things & my belt is a tad on the lose side of the tensioner. I also have all the TBA idler & tensioner pulleys.
I haven't heard much on slippage but just trying to make sure:)

OP
hellman

hellman

10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Katy
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #78
I already have a good trans tune so there’s that. I just wanted a small change, nothing to serious. My goal was to run 9.90’s in good DA on 93 with a dash of Boostane for fuel insurance. About what a stock Demon runs on the race gas tune and no quicker. Don’t want to stress any parts any more than that. I want the car to still dead hook from a roll and have some decent street manners. A small change is fine. I’ve seen 40-50 hp increase with a tune. A tenth and half-2 tenths is all I’m looking for. Dodge is selling that size pulley for their stage 2 kit actually but they’re not changing injectors because I think they’re still running 12.7 command afr. I don’t agree with that as my car is at 90% duty cycle with stock boost and stock injectors now so I will for sure need at least Demon injectors and that should do it.