Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New PB again.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I removed it on my old car. Biggest thing I noticed was wallowing on the big end under braking and turning. I was running skinnies at the time.
Do you think it's worth removing it , I'm on skinnies too.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I haven't tried it on the Hellcat and honestly mine weight transfers pretty decent with it in place. You'd almost have to make a couple runs with and without to see what worked I think. I didn't gain anything in my old car but it was a M6 so a bit more tricky.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Do you think it's worth removing it , I'm on skinnies too.
I believe it takes 35lbs off of the front end so should be worth something.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
I believe it takes 35lbs off of the front end so should be worth something.
Close it's 20 to 24lbs. I find the car drives fine. But then again I think these handle great.
So my bar is pretty low. LOL
I have driven to the track on skinnies twice now with the bar removed. No issues.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
WTG Jim , good job !
That's real close to 10.3's , wow.
Tell me a little more about the F sway bar removal ? I've thought of this but wasn't sure how it would do or react on the street.
sway bar weight ?
& do you drive it to the track with it off ?
do you think it helps the 60' ?

Thanks,
Robert
Thanks Robert.
Honestly at my track the car usually hooks pretty good. Everyone with added power that has run with me will agree. So it probably doesn't do much if anything imo. But it might help a little as traction starts to go away.
Again not sure as at my track my car is good or blowing the tires away at the start. Usually good. The end of the day is when it can get sketchy.

As far as the 60' is concerned it's close and hard to be sure. Last year I ran 1.51 60' in good air. This year I ran 1.50 60' with the bar out but also in better air.
It is about 20lbs of weight so there is that. It takes maybe 15min to remove. So try it and you can always put it back if you don't care for it.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Nice run Jim. I think Stella is the only other that got in to 10.40s stock. Best I ever did was 10.51.
Thanks Speedy.
Phasthemi had also run a 10.43 before tuning.
Then there is the guy that keeps getting dismissed for his 10.38.
That was done the day I broke my ds last year at my track. Now I have run on the same day as him twice now lately. Both times my car has been quicker by about .05 .
So you know what I'm hoping to get to run soon. 😉😀
Btw both this guy and phasthemi had a 3.09 gear. Not sure about Stella.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Close it's 20 to 24lbs. I find the car drives fine. But then again I think these handle great.
So my bar is pretty low. LOL
I have driven to the track on skinnies twice now with the bar removed. No issues.
Are you sure? I could have sworn it was heavier. I’m going to pull if off again after work tomorrow if I have time and weigh it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Congrats Jim, nice work.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks Robert.
Honestly at my track the car usually hooks pretty good. Everyone with added power that has run with me will agree. So it probably doesn't do much if anything imo. But it might help a little as traction starts to go away.
Again not sure as at my track my car is good or blowing the tires away at the start. Usually good. The end of the day is when it can get sketchy.

As far as the 60' is concerned it's close and hard to be sure. Last year I ran 1.51 60' in good air. This year I ran 1.50 60' with the bar out but also in better air.
It is about 20lbs of weight so there is that. It takes maybe 15min to remove. So try it and you can always put it back if you don't care for it.
Did you remove the F end links with the sway bar also or leave the end links on just hanging ?

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
Did you remove the F end links with the sway bar also or leave the end links on just hanging ?
I took them off with the bar. They are still on it.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
And we can debate how we got there later. 😀
Can we do this now? :)

I've never had a great run in my car, and after a lot of passes it became clear to everyone around me, that at 4900+lbs I wasn't there chasing records.
My best trap was 126 and it got me a 10.9 - which is all I wanted.
Is it the weight holding me back from that 130mph trap? It's a Charger, and it's heavy... and I could lose a few myself.
With 17" MTs at 18psi (or so) I was able to floor it from the launch netting me a 1.6X 60'. Most were high 1.6 to 1.7 ... the prep around here wouldn't allow more PSI.

Is it the superior northern air which is allowing you guys to trap so high?

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
This topic has had my attention lately too. My WBRE picked up 4 mph w a reduction in DA from 3500 to 1100 in the eighth mile. I also see that the mph run by cars that see good air regularly is a good bit higher than mine still.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33

I've never had a great run in my car, and after a lot of passes it became clear to everyone around me, that at 4900+lbs I wasn't there chasing records.
Is it the weight holding me back from that 130mph trap? It's a Charger, and it's heavy... and I could lose a few myself.
With 17" MTs at 18psi (or so) I was able to floor it from the launch netting me a 1.6X 60'. Most were high 1.6 to 1.7 ... the prep around here wouldn't allow more PSI.

Jack your weight (cars) is definatly going to have an effect on et/mph even 60'.
From what I've seen on my car the absolute max gains from skinnies and rear seat removal would be .15 sec in ET. And that is very likely a very optimistic number. Probably more like .10 from what I've seen. That would still put the times in the mid 10.50 range. Which my car has run in that configuration in higher DA . Just to prove the high estimate, sort of.
Your car is about 300-400 lbs heavier than mine. So another .3 or .4 as an estimate. Now we are close.
As far as DA up here. We get humidity and water grains as well as pressures all over the place but can still have DA the same on different days. With different ET results. So it's possible where you are it may not be the good say 2000' DA. My car has run around 10.55 in that DA. 1wk later with 1800 DA it ran 10.68🤔.
In the summer in high heat/humidity my car has trapped 128/129. Get the humidity of the mid summer out and it traps around 130. In cool air with a tail wind I have trapped 134. On that pass the car picked up almost 30mph on the balk half. So a bunch of things together worked in favor of those runs.
There are a bunch of reasons from weather to weight to track that can effect ET.
I had (1 closed) 5 tracks relatively close to me and this track is a couple tenths quicker than the next best. It is also an NHRA track run by racers. Prep is great way more than its not.
There are 2 HC Challengers that run at my track that run within a tenth of me. Others are no where close. Why? I try to help everyone I can at the track. Some stuff I do doesn't work for them. Some does. Go figure. Over the winter I will be looking at the weather info for a bunch of slips to see if I can figure out what is going on with that.

On a side note isn't it crazy we are discussing why a stock family car is "only" running a 10.9. LOL
Great times.
I tend to ramble so hopefully I shared some helpful info.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Yes , there's 5 things needed to get our best et's & not in this order.
1. Tire - M/T
2. Track prep
3. DA - lower the better
4. Car weight
5. Practice / experience

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yes , there's 5 things needed to get our best et's & not in this order.
1. Tire - M/T
2. Track prep
3. DA - lower the better
4. Car weight
5. Practice / experience
I agree but I would put practice and experience higher at # 3 on the list. DA only really starts helping once you get consistent and have practice and experience. If it was in order;)

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I agree but I would put practice and experience higher at # 3 on the list. DA only really starts helping once you get consistent and have practice and experience.
yes , I said not in that order bc that may vary ?...just a list.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #37
This topic has had my attention lately too. My WBRE picked up 4 mph w a reduction in DA from 3500 to 1100 in the eighth mile. I also see that the mph run by cars that see good air regularly is a good bit higher than mine still.
I have found that my car can pick up mph and ET in the same DA on a different day. LOL
For some reason in the last month my car has trapped pretty much within 1 or 2 mph compared to 3 stock powered Redeye's at the same track same day. That will change as people learn the RE.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Jack your weight (cars) is definatly going to have an effect on et/mph even 60'.
From what I've seen on my car the absolute max gains from skinnies and rear seat removal would be .15 sec in ET. And that is very likely a very optimistic number. Probably more like .10 from what I've seen. That would still put the times in the mid 10.50 range. Which my car has run in that configuration in higher DA . Just to prove the high estimate, sort of.
Your car is about 300-400 lbs heavier than mine. So another .3 or .4 as an estimate. Now we are close.
As far as DA up here. We get humidity and water grains as well as pressures all over the place but can still have DA the same on different days. With different ET results. So it's possible where you are it may not be the good say 2000' DA. My car has run around 10.55 in that DA. 1wk later with 1800 DA it ran 10.68🤔.
In the summer in high heat/humidity my car has trapped 128/129. Get the humidity of the mid summer out and it traps around 130. In cool air with a tail wind I have trapped 134. On that pass the car picked up almost 30mph on the balk half. So a bunch of things together worked in favor of those runs.
There are a bunch of reasons from weather to weight to track that can effect ET.
I had (1 closed) 5 tracks relatively close to me and this track is a couple tenths quicker than the next best. It is also an NHRA track run by racers. Prep is great way more than its not.
There are 2 HC Challengers that run at my track that run within a tenth of me. Others are no where close. Why? I try to help everyone I can at the track. Some stuff I do doesn't work for them. Some does. Go figure. Over the winter I will be looking at the weather info for a bunch of slips to see if I can figure out what is going on with that.

On a side note isn't it crazy we are discussing why a stock family car is "only" running a 10.9. LOL
Great times.
I tend to ramble so hopefully I shared some helpful info.
Like you said Jim , DA can be tricky too , it ( DA ) can be low but if humidity , water grains is high or pressure is low , that doesn't help our et's.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I have found that my car can pick up mph and ET in the same DA on a different day. LOL
For some reason in the last month my car has trapped pretty much within 1 or 2 mph compared to 3 stock powered Redeye's at the same track same day. That will change as people learn the RE.
I think somehow your car accidentally came with a prototype engine. Your too damn fast.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
I found a video of the second round of the Vermont Cup race. Something happened with my opponent. So I let off around 1000' and coasted to a 10.50@119.
The da at the bottom has been proven to be wrong. It was closer to -400. Screenshot_20191024-084525_RacingSlips.jpg

Last edited: