Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Lower Pulley Idea

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I'm interested

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #22
If the Demon/Redeye push more boost (mechanical resistance) and use the same bolt/pulley design I am pretty sure a Hellcat can do the same. Keeping a "clutched" supercharger pulley is a good idea to keep things moving in the preferred rotational direction.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I dunno on this. I ran an ATI 10% OD damper on my old car and I did eventually have a power steering pump start to whine a bit and had to replace one water pump. That took years and might have happened anyway. Not sure how much larger in circumference this pulley is.

I wouldn't feel good about bolting it on though. It will be adding extra inertia to the crank pulley. The new "stretch" crank bolt is definitely an upgrade, but every other car I own has a keyed crank (right or wrong) and none of them came factory supercharged. My crank is pinned.

I'm definitely not on board with trying to hide mods to keep a warranty though.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I dunno on this. I ran an ATI 10% OD damper on my old car and I did eventually have a power steering pump start to whine a bit and had to replace one water pump. That took years and might have happened anyway. Not sure how much larger in circumference this pulley is.

I wouldn't feel good about bolting it on though. It will be adding extra inertia to the crank pulley. The new "stretch" crank bolt is definitely an upgrade, but every other car I own has a keyed crank (right or wrong) and none of them came factory supercharged. My crank is pinned.

I'm definitely not on board with trying to hide mods to keep a warranty though.
I read that they have had this on a Hellcat for 2k miles so far testing. Not sure how much weight it adds to the lower pulley, that's a good question. Just like any mod, knowing long term effects is a good idea. Looks like the whole point of this "incognito" pulley is to make the illusion of the car being stock. So that you can either take it back off easily or most onlookers can't tell that anything has been done. No tune, to void warranty. So it stands to reason people doing this won't likely pin the crank, since that is a for sure way to void your warranty.

Like you said though, I don't agree with people trying to hide their mods to avoid voiding their warranty. However, lots of people try to do it anyway, so I suspect this mod will interest those people.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's directly marketed to those folks LOL.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
It's the single easiest way to add boost and real power to your car.
Potentially not voiding the warranty is icing on the cake.

FWIW - I'd be surprised if FCA couldn't just look at the computer and see that extra boost and know something was up... but will they?

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Interested! Need my next 2 years of warranty (or the right Redeye..)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Come on people quit trying to cheat with warranty. You want to use warranty some day then don't modify your car plain and simple . If you choose to modify your car then you forfeit your warranty .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #29
Come on people quit trying to cheat with warranty. You want to use warranty some day then don't modify your car plain and simple . If you choose to modify your car then you forfeit your warranty .

My clutch is my fuse - more power ain't gonna help me.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
And it's a short fuse from what I hear . Lol

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Still want it though

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Still want it though
It's definitely ok to want it .

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images

Nice sentiment, but I can tell you from FB already their are plenty of people interested in this just to try and hide their mod(s) to keep warranty. If there is a market for it, someone will make it. This is why dealers/manufacturers can be a pain to deal with. Can't really blame them for going void warranty crazy when there are so many people that want to hide things. People have been doing it for years and years though. It won't change. Manufacturers have just made it harder to hide it, and so aftermarket has to find new ways to get around it.

Personally I don't want to risk it, get caught and then have my dealer not trust anything I bring in to them. They treat me well, so I'd rather be honest and get the same respect in return.

Plus if someone really wanted to notice this mod, it's possible. You have to use the green gates belts and this mod is bound to get to dealers eventually, so they know what to look for. They'd have to take the entire mod back off to try and hide it more.

Plus I still think you should tune when you change a pulley size. I wouldn't trust the car enough to compensate for the boost change. That and why not just say screw it and get the most out of your mods by tuning! Too many people try and push pump gas too far imo.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
26rwhp from the intake sounds shady.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
26rwhp from the intake sounds shady.
Ripa admitted they made *Some* of that extra power from -1100 DA as well in perfect conditions. They also recommend only using the race intake at the track IIRC.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Won't speak for others but when factory fuel rails /sensors, radiators, etc fail under warranty it can make it hard for daily street driven guys to not take it into consideration. Like most, I've also done heavy modding to most of my cars but it was also with manufactures who didn't look for simple mods like a diff brace (or similar supports) and cold air intakes to use as a reason to void a power train warranty.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
It's definitely ok to want it .

I'm talking about the power, not necessarily this pully.. I'm like motorhead ever since I got DRs my clutch does not like me.. or my wife... mainly my wife lol

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My dealer does not look for things like diff brace or driveshaft. But like mentioned before if a radiator or fuel rail issue comes up a pulley shouldn't affect that warranty.
Hell if they plug my car in they would likely not honor an engine replacement anyways. They would likely claim abuse due to the fact it's at the track more than anything. When they looked at my car for the blower replacement they mentioned that abuse wasn't the cause that horrible noise.
This pulley looks interesting to me because it's hidden. As for the added boost I've already seen my gauge go to 12 psi in November.
There are people questioning my stock power already. Mostly from the south who have no clue how much of a power adder cold dry air can be. So I'm thinking add a little power and then they can talk some more. LOL
A boost a pump seems to be enough to keep the fuel system happy. We shall see I guess.
Plus it's a bunch less invasive than changing pulleys. If it doesn't look good in logs then remove it and learn a new lesson. I've already got wheels and stuff I don't use anymore because it didn't live up to the hype.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My thinking is with raised shift points you are spinning said accessories faster anyways. According to Rippatuned they are spinning 4% faster roughly. So less than if you raise shift points to 6400 or 6500.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Nice sentiment, but I can tell you from FB already their are plenty of people interested in this just to try and hide their mod(s) to keep warranty. If there is a market for it, someone will make it. This is why dealers/manufacturers can be a pain to deal with. Can't really blame them for going void warranty crazy when there are so many people that want to hide things. People have been doing it for years and years though. It won't change. Manufacturers have just made it harder to hide it, and so aftermarket has to find new ways to get around it.

Personally I don't want to risk it, get caught and then have my dealer not trust anything I bring in to them. They treat me well, so I'd rather be honest and get the same respect in return.

Plus if someone really wanted to notice this mod, it's possible. You have to use the green gates belts and this mod is bound to get to dealers eventually, so they know what to look for. They'd have to take the entire mod back off to try and hide it more.

Plus I still think you should tune when you change a pulley size. I wouldn't trust the car enough to compensate for the boost change. That and why not just say screw it and get the most out of your mods by tuning! Too many people try and push pump gas too far imo.
I agree if they look hard enough they will be able to figure out something is up. An untuned cat shouldn't be seeing 12psi in the summer for instance.