Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Lease Deals for April

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
who do I try to negotiate with? The lease end manager at Chrysler Financial or the original dealership I purchased from?? I appreciate the replies guys; they pretty much confirmed my suspicions.
Chrysler cap has all the power.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
who do I try to negotiate with? The lease end manager at Chrysler Financial or the original dealership I purchased from?? I appreciate the replies guys; they pretty much confirmed my suspicions.
You can do either, but Chrysler Cap is basically going to be buyout + remaining payments + purchase fee/tax/title/reg.

You can go to any dealer you want, or multiple dealers, to see what they would sell it to you for. All of them will contact Chrysler to see what they have to pay for it. From there they will inflate the price to cover the amount they want to make on the sale.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You can do either, but Chrysler Cap is basically going to be buyout + remaining payments + purchase fee/tax/title/reg.

You can go to any dealer you want, or multiple dealers, to see what they would sell it to you for. All of them will contact Chrysler to see what they have to pay for it. From there they will inflate the price to cover the amount they want to make on the sale.
given current situation, assuming he has no payments left, Chrysler cap may be willing to negotiate due to dealerships denying turn ins and auctions not moving units. Worth a shot but more likely than not Chrysler cap will not negotiate.

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
Don’t know a thing about leasing, but this seems like a breach of contract. What the hell? Is there small print somewhere that the dealer network isn’t required to close the deal? Especially when the customer has fulfilled their obligations in good faith...

But I’m not surprised. Had horrible experiences with dealer network, and FCA couldn’t care less. They just write a check to the company that has to listen, apologize, and make false promises on their behalf.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Don’t know a thing about leasing, but this seems like a breach of contract. What the hell? Is there small print somewhere that the dealer network isn’t required to close the deal? Especially when the customer has fulfilled their obligations in good faith...

But I’m not surprised. Had horrible experiences with dealer network, and FCA couldn’t care less. They just write a check to the company that has to listen, apologize, and make false promises on their behalf.
Dealers have nothing to do with leases other than being the conduit between you and FCA. And in fact, you never are the true owner of the car for motor vehicle purposes, Chrysler Capital is, care of "insert your name."

Hence why a dealer must contact Chrysler Cap to see how much they can buy the car, which they would do similar to as if Chrysler Cap were a wholesaler/auction house, and then turn around and sell it back to you.

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
Understood, given no title transfer at all. Still seems like the dealers would be a bit more eager to facilitate the deal- even if it just consists of turning the car in.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Understood, given no title transfer at all. Still seems like the dealers would be a bit more eager to facilitate the deal- even if it just consists of turning the car in.
Chrysler cap has a leasing company llc that's owner of the title, similar to a financing company, they give you the title only if you need to transfer states or some companies allow you to transfer lessee's

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
I'm trying to work out a deal with Koon's. Not going very well as of yet. Been over a week and can't get them to even quote lease options yet. Just keep saying they are never very good. Right now still working through numbers. Everything has been ballpark discussion but they managed to build the price backup on a 19 HC WB then offer me 8K less than Rough Trade on my 19 Scat WB. I countered, been 2 days waiting for call from Manager at their request.
I know I'm going to take a loss if I trade, but damn, not 24K in a year. I can sell out right, but just trying to look at worst case scenario. Looks like I may be waiting on a HC lol.

Attachments

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Geez, Fair value of a one year old, SPWB is only $30K? They'll turn around and try to sell it well into the $40's. A real bad time to be a seller.

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Geez, Fair value of a one year old, SPWB is only $30K? They'll turn around and try to sell it well into the $40's. A real bad time to be a seller.
Yea I knew it would be bad but that was crazy. I countered at 40K which is still a bit lower than NADA Average trade in, my car is mint. I probably wont trade, but I'm trying to get a realistic lease matrix out of them. I can drive it to CarMax and sell it to them for Average Trade.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Yea I knew it would be bad but that was crazy. I countered at 40K which is still a bit lower than NADA Average trade in, my car is mint. I probably wont trade, but I'm trying to get a realistic lease matrix out of them. I can drive it to CarMax and sell it to them for Average Trade.
Dealers always seem to illusive on lease terms; probably because they can hide things easier than a straight sale.

Just be mindful on selling to Carmax, Carvana, etc outright. Over on leasehakr forums, I've been hearing some of those outfits either don't want to take a trade-in unless you're buying something else or are low balling thousands more now since Corona.

Don't remember hearing about Carmax specifically, but they could follow suit.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
you want 5% below invoice on a lease (great deal imo) at the very minimum you want to hit invoice.

what you want for lease terms

residual/ mf (interest rate)
dealers cant mess with residual but you want base mf (money factor)

sales price

any incentives you qualify for like military, student, etc etc

taxes should be rolled in if they can.

then post what you get on here.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Dealers always seem to illusive on lease terms; probably because they can hide things easier than a straight sale.

Just be mindful on selling to Carmax, Carvana, etc outright. Over on leasehakr forums, I've been hearing some of those outfits either don't want to take a trade-in unless you're buying something else or are low balling thousands more now since Corona.

Don't remember hearing about Carmax specifically, but they could follow suit.
This is true, I check my 2014 Jeep SRT value regularly and since Corona it went from a consistent $32,500 down to $24,900 and in 2 weeks has come back up to $29,400.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
given current situation, assuming he has no payments left, Chrysler cap may be willing to negotiate due to dealerships denying turn ins and auctions not moving units. Worth a shot but more likely than not Chrysler cap will not negotiate.
I've heard there might be some incentive from CC to buy your lease out because of said massive auction inventory and this CV..

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I've heard there might be some incentive from CC to buy your lease out because of said massive auction inventory and this CV..
it's possible.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I am going to to give them a call tomorrow about a possible lower buy out price. Seems it would really be in their favor at this point to do so.

OP
tkracing1

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Thread Starter #77
I am going to to give them a call tomorrow about a possible lower buy out price. Seems it would really be in their favor at this point to do so.
Will be doing the same and let's report back to see what they say.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Will be doing the same and let's report back to see what they say.
Sounds good but knowing CC we will probably get 2 different answers 😆

Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
called this morning, and they are indeed offering healthy incentives to buy. It was an easy choice to buy my vehicle. Looks like the ole Hellcat has a permanent spot in my garage.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I can't even get thru to US Bank to talk to a real person about it...