Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

need new BETTER battery. Is Arc-Angel made by Dohon ?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sounds like a great battery.

So you spent $1K on your battery?
Oh hell no. I got in early and paid a lot less then that. I got one and had it waiting in the garage for my Redeye delivery.
Wow, those sure rocketed up :eek: Back in the pre-bidet days they were 1/2 that !

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I paid $400 for the new Arc Angle way back when they were first available. It hasn’t exactly been overworked but it’s still doing the job. Thinking ahead I was looking to see if they are still available in case I need to replace it and…. $1200! 😳. The Cox is “only” about $800 😕

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
He had been working on building the battery in the US but it has been a slow process. I was suppose to be doing some testing for him back in 2020 but he was behind on the batteries. I ended up going a different route and bought one off of Amazon last year. Has worked great so far and is lighter
here is the thread
https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/light-weight-batteries.8538/
So far so good on mine too ^^^^^^^

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good to know. Waz just lukin at em on the net and not a good 1 to be had under $200. Still lukin. These onez the stick us with are crap and have to chase yo all tail under a warranty. I will fight with em on Wednesday over issues. Hate them bastards.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I paid $400 for the new Arc Angle way back when they were first available. It hasn’t exactly been overworked but it’s still doing the job. Thinking ahead I was looking to see if they are still available in case I need to replace it and…. $1200! 😳. The Cox is “only” about $800 😕
It's on sale..😎
I didn't need one as my battery from them just turned 3 years and going strong .
Screenshot_20220404-223612_Chrome.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I got sticker shock when I went on their website.
They were around $400 and he started to use better cells and bring it more inhouse and even added some so not only did the price double, the battery went from 18lbs to 24lbs

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It's on sale..😎
I didn't need one as my battery from them just turned 3 years and going strong .
View attachment 67753
Jon and I know him from the track. He is there most the times we are.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I just looked on his site. It was priced at $800 and being everything has gone up must reflect the $1200. Too much, I could have bought 3 of the batteries I went with for that much

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
@Taxinator Did you wind up going with the L2-400? I fear I’ll be in the market for a battery one if these days. Thanks

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
@Taxinator Did you wind up going with the L2-400? I fear I’ll be in the market for a battery one if these days. Thanks
Not yet, I’m waiting for mine to die…4.5 years and doing well.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Not yet, I’m waiting for mine to die…4.5 years and doing well.
5 years in the desert and now in Tennessee and still going strong.

hellman

10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Katy
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8
I have an Arc Angel battery as well. I’ve had mine for almost 4 years now with no problems. The stock battery kept dying at the track while using the Tazer’s cool down feature so I bought an Arc Angel. Got it for $400 and never looked back. Best $400 I ever spent! Battery is amazing!!! Holds a charge like nothing I’ve ever seen. No need for a Tender. There are times when I haven’t started my car for a month and it cranks right up and is sitting at 14.1 all day. Very impressed!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have an Arc Angel battery as well. I’ve had mine for almost 4 years now with no problems. The stock battery kept dying at the track while using the Tazer’s cool down feature so I bought an Arc Angel. Got it for $400 and never looked back. Best $400 I ever spent! Battery is amazing!!! Holds a charge like nothing I’ve ever seen. No need for a Tender. There are times when I haven’t started my car for a month and it cranks right up and is sitting at 14.1 all day. Very impressed!
They are good batteries unless you were in the 10% that failed:(
I think the new ones will be even better but I would buy a Darrel Cox battery being it is lighter if I was spending as much as they want for them now

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I was talking to Darrel a few weeks ago. He has done a lot of testing with his batteries. Especially when it comes to safety. He spent a lot of time on what if you crash and the car catches fire. How can we make this safer with the battery and he has. I don't remember all the details.

hellman

10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Katy
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8
Have to admit that the first Arc Angel I got failed the first month I had it. Quickly replaced it under warranty and then never looked back! LOL
Mean Cat and B Mason were the first ones to get one in our group and they never had any issues with theirs. I guess I fall into that crappy 10% club you mentioned. I hate being special!!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Have to admit that the first Arc Angel I got failed the first month I had it. Quickly replaced it under warranty and then never looked back! LOL
Mean Cat and B Mason were the first ones to get one in our group and they never had any issues with theirs. I guess I fall into that crappy 10% club you mentioned. I hate being special!!!
He didn't have any to replace mine so money was refunded